“More pros than cons”

Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Pamukkale
Singapore
“More pros than cons”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

First, I heard turnover is slightly on the high side - employees who tries hard with solo female travellers are sent away. So I reckon it depends on luck whether or not you meet nice people during your visit.

Mine was awesome.

The person running the hotel, the boys who couldnt speak English, the kitchen head, the dudes from the bus company across... they all put me at ease. I was sick and the staff offered to prepare hot honey water for me.

The whole place is a tad old yes. But location was good - about 5mins walk from the attraction. I found this place from my lonely planet book so I never read any reviews online before heading there. The rooms, towels etc as described by the others were kinda true, but it was good bargain. There were mosquitoes and coming from South East Asia, I hate to say but its impossible to avoid them unless you buy yourself a repellent. I stayed in the twin room but also saw the dorm and they all look ok to me.

Pool was a tad dirty and I made known to them. With the heat in summer, I was still using the pool so it was not disgusting to speak of.

Breakfast was so-so but dinner was lovely. You pay 15TL and you get a piece of meat and free-flow sides. I'm sure you can pay a bit more for more meat. It would have cost about the same outside but fortunately it tasted sooo good. I heard the kitchen head and chef were new.

Pamukkale is a very touristy place and most people stay for a night or two. Being a small town with nothing much to do, I appreciate the hospitality very much! I believe this place is good if you do not set expectation a tad too high.

Room Tip: They are open to showing you the room before you commit. There are rooms in the shades, near the poo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Don't stay here! This is the worst moment on my all travels! My husband n I took the night bus from Cappadocia. It was 6am when we get there,and were told we could stay in the lobby for a rest,coffee or help(this is kidding me!). We asked for make a call to our hotel which we reserved,but he rejected with his annoying face n said too early.

He started to kicked people out after 15mins,I think because most of all tourists didn't want to accommodate here or spend here. He kicked us out of it after I called my hotel(melrose) to pick us up,he laughed n said"go outside!they can't see u!go!" He followed us and ask where will we go tomorrow. When I said "I don't know." He repeated my words like a baby girl! This person is extremely rude n no respect to the others! This is disgusting!!

Please think.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Pamukkale hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I don't understand all of the positive ratings about this hotel. We stayed here one night and hadn't made a reservation ahead of time. There didn't see to be any staff around when we tried to see if there was availability. There were several teenage boys who didn't speak much English and my friend and I thought we had stumbled on Peter Pan's Lost Boys. Anyway, the rooms were not very clean and the breakfast was very bad. There is a pool (which we did not use because we didn't stay long enough to) and televisions in the rooms. I would not stay here again, although I don't know if there are that many better options in this town. The calcite cliffs of Pamukkale are not to be missed, however.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank linzany
poona
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed there for 2 nights and I wish we had'nt. We had booked 4 rooms out of which 3 were really bad. The bathrooms were dirty, the sinks were broken and the shower area does not have place for a well built man. The bed linen looked like it had not been changed for quite some time. The staff were helpful which can be its only saving grace. 1 room overlooking the swimming pool was okay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank noelzach
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We were greeted from the bus and the staff were efficient to show us to our room and give us directions to the attractions and restaurants recommended in the area.
Everytime we came and went the person at reception always greeted us well and with a smile.
Staff also called ahead to our next booking in fethiye to arrange for us to be picked up. As well as free transfer to bus station 20mins away.
Breakfast was nice.
Terrific value for money and would certainly recommend my family and friends to stay there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mattyoadventures
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This place is such a disaster. First, they tell you when you check in that they don't take credit, but took a card after we argued with them and charged 2.85 euro for converting it. Room heinous and dirty, will opened soap on bed and mismatched towels, filled with hundreds of mosquitoes and AC didn't work, and when we asked for a room change they said "mosquitoes are unavoidable." Creepy dude came to check room ac and on our way I noticed a cockroach the size of my thumb. Like whole thumb, not just to first knuckle. When I pointed it out he laughed and said "oh my god, a bug! A bug!" No lights in hallway, very creepy, felt unsafe. I don't know what your other options are, but this one sure shouldn't be it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Maliabrb
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Only stay here if you like cold showers, run down hotels and rock hard beds. This room I stayed in was a double with private bathroom. There was no hot water and the shower screen was falling apart. The towels had large holes in them and the TV didn't have a remote & had a 12" screen.
The balcony rail was only attached at one end so if you pushed it the whole thing would go over the side.

Room Tip: Just stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo