“Very beautiful place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Kharkiv Oblast, Ukraine
“Very beautiful place”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

When I come in I see a fairytale for sweettooth:) then we decided to have some food.
Professional and friendly stuff. Good and tasty dishes:) really unbelievable atmosphere

• Turkish first
Calgary, Canada
“Ask to see how the katmer is made!”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I was lucky enough to have visited this beautiful pastry shop with local Turkish friends who knew the owner. He invited me behind the scenes to see how the katmer is made and I was amazed. The dough is so thin, it looked like it was going to tear as it was whipped in the air over and over again. But not a single rip!

The baker (or as I like to call him, the "katmer guru") told us he had been making this delicate pastry for more than 20 years! I think if you are going to go out of your way to try katmer, you absolutely must watch it get made. Nobody speaks English but they are super friendly, so just make a lot of hand-gestures like you are making pizza dough and they'll figure out that you want to watch the art of katmer.

I also recommend you try the tomato and egg breakfast stew. It was one of the best dishes I tried in Gaziantep. A little spicy. There are also jars of colorful candy in the back that they will let you try until you taste before you buy. I was a big fan of the hazelnuts covered in pastel-colored candy shell.

• Visited April 2013