“Good place to stay in Gaziantep”

Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Gaziantep
Howick, South Africa
“Good place to stay in Gaziantep”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel on a business trip.
Very comfortable big rooms, clean, with a good minibar.

Breakfast was very good.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Very easy access from the freeway, one can not miss it.
Close the one of the biggest industrial sites in Turkey.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank maizemiller2003
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel whilst staying us.
We do appreciate your positive feedback and we continue to thrive to improve our standard of service at all times.
Your comments have been shared with our Team members accordingly and we are looking forward to Welcoming you back to our Hotel in the near future.

GENERAL MANAGER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'd like to say something positive about my encounter with this hotel, but I'm afraid that's impossible.

I was traveling on business and had a reservation for this hotel, but had to cancel (a week prior to hotel reservation) as I was no longer traveling to Turkey due to circumstances beyond my control. The hotel charged the full price of the existing reservation (a full week). I have never seen a hotel do this before. I could understand if I cancelled the day of check-in, and they charged for a night, but I cancelled a full week prior.

When I asked about it, I was told it was non-refundable (I double checked and I don't see anything about reservations being non-refundable on their website). I guess this is how business is done in this country. Horrible experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ezerick
Dear Frederick,
We would like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your experience at the Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel.
We are extremely sorry about the unsatisfactory level of service that you experienced during your stay and we can assure you that the matter has been thoroughly investigated and will not re-occur.
We do hope that we will be in a position to Welcome you back at the Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel and redeem ourselves.
Once again, thank you very much for bringing your dissatisfaction with the levels of service to our attention.

GENERAL MANAGER

Travellers are raving about these Gaziantep hotels

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip to the region. The hotel was pretty comfortable. The room was big enough, with a TV, minibar, clean and the service was promising. The wireless internet service was provided all over the hotel including the room. We also had an incident which could have turned into an unpleasant situation, but was well recovered by the staff. We had a reservation for 4 people for a good price, which turned out that it was not registered. The staff who we had spoken to left a few days ago. The person at the registration desk provided us the room and also ensured the price that we agreed upon days ago after speaking to her manager. I believe this was a good customer service. The breakfast did not have a huge variety, but was adequate.

Overall Dedeman Gaziantep was a good hotel for my business trip. It is located outside the city so unless one has a car, it will be hard to get to the city. Do not expect any nice touristic view as the hotel is just next to the industrial zone. If you are on holiday, choose another place to stay within the city, but if U are on a business trip, I believe you will find the hotel quite good.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, 30 November 2013

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Good Businesshotel in Gaziantep. My Businesspartner and i have been there for a few Days, due our Company had several Conferences in the near Area. We both can say, that the Hotel is really good and all Services have been good. There was also Businesscenter available, wich was well outfitted. We also have been two Times in the Restaurant and also there, we did get a very high Standard.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2013

istanbul
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Have stayed for business trip last week. Cosy, clean, friendly staff, enhanced breakfast, satisfactory SPA. Not in the City Center but close to industrial area and road to Kahramanmaraş. 5 to 10 mins to City Center by car. (What i couldn't understand is paying 5 TL for slippers in SPA Center. Carry down the pair you which you will have in the room :))

Room Tip: Ask for upper levels to avoid noise from road.All rooms are close to elevators
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2013

Makiivka, Ukraine
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Thank you for our wonderful vacation!!!!!!!!!!! Beautiful hotel, good service!Thank you once again for the wonderful time we spent with you.I will recommend your hotel to my friends.My kids told me that your hotel is the best on planet earth.

Room Tip: We liked the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Fatihiskin, General Manager at Dedeman Gaziantep Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Dear Guest

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This new hotel with an undeserved five-star rating has all the appearance of a modern, first-rate hotel, but appearances are deceiving in this case. From check-in to check-out, it seemed like everything was still in the early stages of operation. On both check-in and check-out, there was only one person at the long counter. I had to wait an uncomfortably long period both times, and it made no sense that other staff, standing around and seemingly unengaged, did not come to help out. I never once saw anyone at the concierge desk.

The rooms, once again, have all the trappings of a 4-star hotel, but not a five-star. Most annoying was the door that did not close easily, with an alarm going off when it was slightly ajar, which it seemed to always be.

It is located outside of town, and I was told by a senior Gaziantep official that it was specifically built for business visitors to the park. The convenience of the hotel for their use makes sense. But for all other visitors to this wonderful city, I would strongly recommend that you look elsewhere. Gaziantep is vibrant city with the world's best museum of Roman mosaics (in terms of presentation, and I know; I have been to them all), a wonderful bazaar, and food that still has me in a dreamlike state.

You must partake of the world's best baklava, and you can find that at Kocak. I will write about that separately. The wonderful kebabs, lahmajun and other specialties left me tipping the scales, but with no guilt whatsoever.

Gaziantep was a pleasant surprise, and I plan to go back with my wife. But I will choose another hotel next time around.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business