“Smilar to othre hotels around the country”

Hotel Novotel Gaziantep
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Gaziantep
Belgium
“Smilar to othre hotels around the country”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

Room ok, bed quite good. Catering services awful: lack of any non-Turkish choice, incredible when you think that most of the guests are foreigners. Staff pompòus and ineffective, most of them lacking language skills other than Turkish. Internet wi-fi free but instructions given by the staff are not accurate. Food edible and cooked apparently by a 3 year old chef. Room and bathroom to the standard chain low quality (or even closer to Ibis, for this particular property). We organised a meeting and the tables where set in an incredibly unappropiate way. I personally went out of the meeting room 3 times to obtain water for the guests.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank fran07Belgium
BOzturk, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Dear fran07Belgium
Thank you for bringing to my attention the difficulties you encountered during your stay at Novotel Gaziantep
Please let me assure you that corrective actions have been taken to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, which is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services. I trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Novotel Gaziantep in the future.
Yours Sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Am back in Gaziantep this month on business. The service at the hotel's front desk has gotten better since my last visit. I checked in smoothly this time, with no delays. When I got to my room and saw it was a connecting room, I asked to be changed to a non connecting room and they happily changed me within a few minutes.

I must admit, and maybe its just me, that I still don't like that when the taxi/car service drops me off I have to "struggle" with my luggage myself - the hotel really needs to improve their bell service.

Rooms are still nice, crisp and clean. The free wifi is speedy enough for both work and personal use. I agree with another reviewer that even though its fall/winter here, I would appreciate if the hotel would leave the air conditioners working - I prefer a colder room when sleeping. Right now, its either heat or just a fan running from the air con (no cold air).

As I write this, I am waiting on room service ... order 45 minutes ago. However, its still a good value for money hotel; especially for business.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kurt M
BOzturk, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Kurt M
We thank you for visiting again at our Hotel and the time taken to share your comment with us.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs.
Kindly be informed that your comments has been shared to all our staff to prevent similar situations from occuring in the future.
We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Novotel Gaziantep
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night at Novotel at the end of October 2013. This is a typical no nonsense Novotel. The rooms are tight but clean and the bathroom is modern but basic. My major issue in this hotel was the lack of aircon on a hot October day. When I inquired I was told that the air is centrally controlled and that there was no cool air in October. I finally had to call someone to unchain the locked window to let fresh air into my otherwise very hot room. The food at the restaurant for dinner was inferior, which is a shame for this part of Turkey where the cuisine is so rich. The buffet breakfast was reasonable. Depending on your heat tolerance I may cautiously recommend this hotel having seen a lot of bad hotels in Southeast Turkey on our tour with Fest Travel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PHIZ
BOzturk, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear PeriHIz
Thank you for bringing to my attention the difficulties you encountered during your stay Novotel Gaziantep.
Kindly be informed that, central air condition system is used for cooling in summer, heating in winter. During the season that there is big temperature difference between day and night, fresh air system is available to cool down in room temperature with outside cold fresh air.
Your comment regarding the dinner has been brought to attention of Food & Beverage Manager for further improvement.
Yours Sincerely
Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Good location in Gaziantep, food is fine and clean rooms. You might have to fight with them to turn on the a/c but we do have it in October as it is very warm. Friendly staff, large rooms and everything you would need including Wi-Fi. Would definitely recommend a stay here... AND most important to me NO SMELL OF SMOKE.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
BOzturk, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Gaziantep, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear travelpam
We thank you for recently visiting at our Hotel and the time taken to share your comment with us.
We are honored to note your satisfaction with our service and that you had an excellent stay with us.
Barneveld
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hotel is oke and on a good location near to the center. The hotel is perfect for one or 2 nights not longer, for staying longer it needs better accomodation to my opinion. Rooms are oke but small, breakfast is very good as well for the diner.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Luframaro
Bichelsee Balterswil, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The location is great, city center and next to the new shopping malm which will open at october, 3rd. It's a standard Novotel, I am adjusting my review to that level. Still, I am not satisfied. The service at the reception was unfriendly, the room wasn't cleaned properly (I hate to have hairs from the former guest in my room - especially in the bathroom) and the breakfast is not adjusted to the needs of international guests. Overall ist just standard, and as this is a quite new hotel it will be difficult to improve in the future - as the staff has adapted to that low service level already.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank runsroundtheworld
Dear runsroundtheworld
Thank you for bringing to our attention the difficulties you encountered during your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay at the hotel.
Constructive feedback from our guests is invaluable to us in our constant efforts to assess and improve the services we provide.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Gaziantep.
Yours Sincerely,