“Good start”

Dining options: Delivery
London, United Kingdom
“Good start”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We arrived Gaziantep very early morning after we left the suitcase. We started our city tour our first stop was Katmerci Zekeriya usta. The tables are on the street nothing is fancy. Very simple but the taste of the desert was wawww. We had to wait for our deserts maybe 10-15 minutes but it was worth it. We were 11 people we orderered 5 but I think it was too much anyway we ate all. The owner came to our table and asked if we liked. We had tea all together it was 7 or 8 tl each person I remember.

• Visited February 2014

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fabulous - Don't Miss This!”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

This small restaurant, tucked away in a marketplace, is famous for its katmer and after eating there I know why. They stretch the dough until its paper thin, add generous amounts of creme and pistachio and cook it is a stone oven. The katmer is served hot and it is delicate and delicious. One serving is very large so consider splitting one between two people. Still, I almost finished mine despite being full because it was so good. There is a window between the preparation/cooking area and the restaurant so you can watch the katmer being made. The restaurant is small so don't be surprised if you have to wait for a table. The owner speaks a little English and will happily show you photographs of him cooking katmer at Turkish festivals in the United States, China and other places. He also gave me an English guidebook for Gaziantep and map. This restaurant is very hard to find, but I had my taxi driver call the restaurant and they sent someone out to the street to guide me the rest of the way on foot. This was a fabulous experience and something you should not miss while in Gaziantep.

• Visited January 2014
istanbul
“simply must”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

top of the list of must-eat list for Antep... Do not be discouraged if it's too crowded... You simply have to wait for onre of rhe most tasteful dishes you ever tried...The portions may be too big for one person

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank yalimsmum
Istanbul, Turkey
“pistachios for breakfast”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Zekeriya Usta prepares and serves this Antep breakfast speciality in a very smooth way. Usually consumed with tea Katmer also goes well with warm milk. The portions here may be oversized for foreigners like me so give one a try and then order another if you wish for more.

• Visited September 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
“best katmer I ever had”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

If you are doing one thing in Gaziantep, it should be having katmer at Zekeriya Usta! I tried katmer with pistacchios and it was absolutely amazing- a taste I'll forever long for.

• Visited May 2013