“Delicious tasting”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

While I do not usually care for sweet food, I was taked into tasting Kocak baklava. It was delicious, sweet and tasty. I will try baklava from this particular place again.

1  Thank reise-tanta-di
There are newer reviews for Kocak Baklava

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We tried this cafe for the sake of its ranking on Tripadvisor list. I tried very hard to figure out what was so special about this place but could not find a clue.
I can name you a dozen baklava shops in Istanbul, Ankara and Izmir which are far better than Koçak and you don't need to come all the way to Gaziantep.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've arrived to Gaziantep with a question, is İmam Çağdaş or Koçak offering the best baklava ? I've eaten baklava & şöbiyet at Koçak. I did not like şöbiyet too much as I've found it too heavy (pistaccio & sugar). Baklava is also good & heavy but not as much as şöbiyet. I vote for İmam Çağdaş at the end & Koçak seems to me the 2nd best

3  Thank localguyinturkey
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Best baklava I've ever ate. They were delicious... i tried havuc dilimi, sobiyet and bulbul yuvasi and they were perfect. If you come to gaziantep and want to buy baklava, YOU HAVE TO BUY IT FROM KOCAK!

2  Thank selenaksoyy
Reviewed 18 May 2014

In the month I've been here I've tried several of what various people claim are the "best" baklava's, but I suspect baklava is kinda like wine, apart from the really bad, it all depends on what you like. I prefer this one because it is a bit less sweet that all the others I tried, the pistachios are relatively finely chopped & not with big chunks, and there are lots of them. I would usually pick up several & have in the evening with a coffee. Unlike others, this one ages well. I've eaten after 6 days, and still very good, so don't be afraid to take some back with you. The only drawback is the price, about 4TL/square.

2  Thank LarieM