Vatan Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Iz(Izmir)
Ven Hotel(Izmir)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Nice hall and nice staff in a good location. All good I can say is about this. Cause the room was crippy and the shower did not work, and even the light in the bathroom broke after 5 minutes it was on (scaring even me).
Floor was done, pieces of it were missing at every step of mine.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I would probably stay here again. The staff were all friendly and helpful with advice and directions. My room was fine. I couldn't figure out how to turn off the air conditioning so I got very cold sometimes but I could have just asked how to turn it off so that was my fault. The bathroom was nice but I dont think a cleaner came in my room the 3 days I was there. It didn't really matter though. The breakfast wasn't anything special but it was free so no complaints. The location was ok. Close to a couple of train stations and about 10 mins walk to the sea. The street that the hotel is in seemed a little dodgy at first but I think it was actually ok. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Good breakfast next to the 'agora' old market kadifekale taxis on the road to kadifekale castle,close to a supermarket. basic room no vew acceptable breakfast, i loved the massage chair on the entrance and the parrot. also tables outside the hotel to catch a breath and a siggaret if you are like me and free water and coffe and tea all day long ! a low point is the english they luck a bit and rooms are small but i found it quite homey and not so hotelish if you get what i mean ... I stayed there twise and have hard time to book to better hotels since i love the outside tables on the road so grafic...

Room Tip: center rooms better wifi connections
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I asked for “a good deal” price for 3 nights (single room) at this hotel, and the front desk offered me 45 lira/ night, cash payment. Compared to the other hotels, it was a good price, but I later realized that you get what you pay for. The room was very small, but it didn’t bother me much. However, I object to the following: there was an ashtray with cigarette butts left behind in the window when I arrived to my room. (I quickly put the ashtray with its junk in the corridor, as I am a non-smoker.) There was daily cleaning of my room, but apparently this “cleaning” did not include to empty the wastebasket in the bathroom, which was left with garbage until I checked out. There were no hooks for towels in the bathroom. The lavatory pan was strangely placed very close to the wall – any guest using it would have to sit askew. The pillow case had stains. At each breakfast plates were missing and I had to search for staff as noone was in the breakfast room. The staff who sat in the lobby during nights was apparently chain smokers because the cigarette smoke spread through the lobby/stairs into my room, making my sleep uncomfortable. The owner of this hotel has spent a lot of money on the interior of the hotel lobby with an aquarium with large fishes, white leather sofas, a small pond with turtles, a screeching parrot , paintings and artwork on every wall and corner in the hotel, a dashing entrance front desk, and a tasteless decorated breakfast room that looked more like a wedding hall. The owner has unfortunately not made the same investment in all of the guests’ rooms. I peeked into a double room (door was wide opened) where the bathroom had only one tap for cold water, but no hot water tap. Luckily I had both warm water and cold water tap in my bathroom. And dear owner: to place some fancy textile and a pillow in glittery fabric on the bed, provides no standard raise. This is more of a two star hotel. But it was good they had wifi in the hotel. At my departure I concluded that this hotel probably offers different prices for different rooms. The hotel has at least two sections or annexes, the other which I only walked through once when looking for my room. It must have been in the other section that the finer rooms (and bathrooms) are placed – seen in the photos on the hotel’s website. So I got what I paid for (the cheaper room with low standard). I have stayed in both charmful and well designed hotels in Turkey, but this hotel gets the label "funny-looking" and "confusing standard". The only credit I want to give is to the male receptionist at the front desk when I checked in - he spoke excellent English and treated me warmly and friendly. However when I checked out and stood for a moment in the lobby, I overheard him speaking on the phone and that he offered a room for (what it sounded like) 30 lira/ night to a guest. What? Say again? Anyways, I will not return again to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I am not going to give too much detail, but to say this.

Nothing in the room was operational; Hot water, AC, Toilet door, TV, WiFi etc.

There were cockroaches in the bathroom.

The staff were hideous. I stayed 2 nights receiving a total of 3 hours sleep due to a staff member in high heels on a marble floor walking by the lower floor rooms from 1am to 5am every 10 minutes, 2 nights in a row. I can't even explain why to you?

I do not like to provide negative reviews, however when this is the worst hotel I have experienced in more than 150 on 5 continents. I feel it important to provide fellow traveler's with a head's up.

To top it off the desk attendant told me it was 50TL for the airport shuttle, when the day prior I was quoted 40TL, upon learning this he begrudgingly said ok.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room Tip: Choose any other hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo