“The Hotel Double Charged My Credit Card....Beware!!”
Review of Palm City Hotel

Palm City Hotel
Ranked #71 of 97 Hotels in Izmir
Chonqging China
“The Hotel Double Charged My Credit Card....Beware!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Sept 5, 2013 for 1 night paying 106.60 Turkish Lira on my credit card and I have the receipt. When I checked my credit card today, I noticed that they had charged me $49.72 on Sept 5 and submitted the charge on Sept 6 and then on Sept 9, the submitted a charge of $49.89 (probably the same amount in Turkish Lira but it changes daily). I only stayed there one night and have proof of another hotel (I am on a cycling trip through Turkey) I stayed at on Sept 6. I have sent notice of double charge to Visa, my credit card company. Beware of this hotel; it was not by mere coincidence that the resubmitted a charge 3 days later since I did not have to sign for the charge.

Also as it relates to the room; the AC does not cool the room and I did nto sleep well all night due to sweating all night in a very hot room.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel; I suspect a scam by a double charge on my credit card.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ultrarunner

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very poorly isolated (despitevdouble glazed windows) the traffic noise (the hotel is located on a main road) was just too much to let me sleep. The room is not bad, good size. the bathroom is spacious and with a good shower. the tv has only turkish channels. there is free Wi-fi. breakfast was good. the staff is professional. so overall the hotel is ok but ask for a room away from the main road otherwise it might be difficult to sleep

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Viridiana2012

Travellers are raving about these Izmir hotels

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I would like to recommend this hotel to all my friends................... Excellent staff, very helpful and polite, nice breakfast and dinner, clean comfortable and good location.................. I would love to stay there again...................

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends