“worst hotel in my life...”
Review of Palm City Hotel

Palm City Hotel
Ranked #71 of 97 Hotels in Izmir
Porto, Portugal
“worst hotel in my life...”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here 2 nights, because a local business partner booked it for me. And I didn't wanted to be impolite, so I decide to stay, but this was the worst hotel in my life!

Is difficult to me to describe everything that is bad here. Is not a posh accommodation, but for me that´s ok. It it´s at least clean, safe and quite enough to rest, this are my basic standards.

But here everything is old...in fact too old and falling apart.
Smells bad everywhere, smoke and mould mixed. Lack on clean, there´s patches on the bedspread, cockroaches and other bugs. Mould on the walls and ceilings, with some holes also. the light is insufficient, mainly in the toilet. In the toilet hygienic things like soap, shampoo etc, were refilled. That is ok, considering environment, but not when you look to the soap and have hairs stuck on it.
And when in the desk of the bedroom the available magazine is glued?
and the information flyers of the hotel dirty with patches? And the kettle available are too dirty?
and a ashtray in the bedroom broken with a matchbox used?

Beside all this, the noisy from outside is too much 24h a day, impossible to rest.

The only thing that surprised me, maybe beacause everything was so, so bad, was the breakfast. not good, but decent!

be careful, they asked to keep the passport, that´s not a usual proceed in Turkey. It´s in several different countries, but not in Turkey I visited a few cities several times and no one asked me to keep it on the reception during my stay.

I believe the images speak for themselves.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Henrique d

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Turkish first
Chonqging China
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel on Sept 5, 2013 for 1 night paying 106.60 Turkish Lira on my credit card and I have the receipt. When I checked my credit card today, I noticed that they had charged me $49.72 on Sept 5 and submitted the charge on Sept 6 and then on Sept 9, the submitted a charge of $49.89 (probably the same amount in Turkish Lira but it changes daily). I only stayed there one night and have proof of another hotel (I am on a cycling trip through Turkey) I stayed at on Sept 6. I have sent notice of double charge to Visa, my credit card company. Beware of this hotel; it was not by mere coincidence that the resubmitted a charge 3 days later since I did not have to sign for the charge.

Also as it relates to the room; the AC does not cool the room and I did nto sleep well all night due to sweating all night in a very hot room.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel; I suspect a scam by a double charge on my credit card.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ultrarunner

Travellers are raving about these Izmir hotels

Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very poorly isolated (despitevdouble glazed windows) the traffic noise (the hotel is located on a main road) was just too much to let me sleep. The room is not bad, good size. the bathroom is spacious and with a good shower. the tv has only turkish channels. there is free Wi-fi. breakfast was good. the staff is professional. so overall the hotel is ok but ask for a room away from the main road otherwise it might be difficult to sleep

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Viridiana2012
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I would like to recommend this hotel to all my friends................... Excellent staff, very helpful and polite, nice breakfast and dinner, clean comfortable and good location.................. I would love to stay there again...................

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends