“Excellent for anyone”

Ranked #16 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent for anyone”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The apartment was spacious and very clean, the bed comfortable, kitchen well equipped and the decor attractive. Over our 3 night stay the staff could not be more helpful - to the extent that the manager dropped us to the bazaar when he was going in t0 town on business. A supermarket next door was an added convenience. Complimentary breakfasts offered a choice of eggs in various styles, meats, cheeses, various breads and preserves and were brought at precisely the time we nominated. The reception staff were always highly professional, friendly and helpful, willing to help with directions, or translating between English and turkish for us. While the area where the hotel is located is outside the tourist zone, you get a glimpse of the lifestyle of the people who live and work there, which we found really enlightening. We found it quite easy to walk to the Agora and the bazaar, and there was easy access to the train to get to Ephesus while taxis into the main part of town were 5-10 TRL (AUD 2.50-5). Overall we could not rate the place more highly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Roger255057

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Altinkum, Turkey
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I can't recommend this hotel enough .... My husband booked this hotel as a surprise for me and I have to say we had a great time ... the staff are excellent and more than helpful check-in was fast and very efficient and they gave us a tourist map which was very helpful. Our room was brilliant and really spacious with everything we needed even a microwave and washing machine really i cant think of anything that was not supplied and the room was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was included and we could not get over the choice and they brought it up to our room at exactly the time we had asked for and it was yummy. There was water and other drinks in the fridge for us when we arrived and there was a supermarket a few door away for anything else we wanted. The area around the hotel is a little seedy but i have to say we never felt threatened . Dolmus cars pick you up outside the hotel going to Konak and drop you back and only cost 2tl per person each way and they pass every few minutes so no real need to be walking around anyway. We would definately go back to this hotel it was just FAB !!!!

Room Tip: We had a senior suite it is more spacious !!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carefulsun
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I went to Izmir for cosmetic surgery, the company prefer you to stay here as it extremely comfortable and aids to your healing and recovery.
The apartment we stayed in was spacious and very nicely furnished. The staff were very friendly and very accommodating to your every request.
Breakfast was delivered every morning at your preferred time and was always very tasty.
It is centrally situated, only 5 min walk to the very large market and 10 min walk to the bay.
If I ever return to Izmir I will definitely stay at the Residence Comfort again it was like home from home and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.
If the management read these reviews I would just like to say a BIG THANK YOU for making my stay such a pleasurable experience under the circumstances (recovering from surgery) Sandra x

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sandy611
BANGALORE, KARNATAKA, INDIA
Reviewed 14 July 2012

ROOM service is very good.
Morning breakfast is complementary with the best menu.
Kitchen facilities is awesome, where any other HOTEL will contain wıth kitchen facility in İZMİR.
Located in the city center ( 5 mins walk to railway station, 15 mins walk to bay ).
I have a very good time in the hotel & Hospitalilıty is really really impressive to any customer of this hotel.
BEST advice to the visitor of İZMİR, TURKEY to be part of this hotel.
Hotel is really good for BUSINESS PEOPLE, FAMİLY MEMBERS, RECENTLY MARRIED COUPLES, FRİENDS TO ENJOY NIGHT LIFE of İZMİR, for SOLO best solution is internet, tv with Global national channels.

ALL THE BEST RESIDENCE COMFORT & also to the VISITORS.

Regards,
sanju

Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Flying to Turkey itselves is a dream come true to me, in Turkey İ had availed the services of The Residence Comfort. Beleive me it was an awesome experience. İ am staying in this Residency since 40 days. İ always feel that İ am at my home, the only regret is that My Family is not with me. My morning starts with the a great breakfast from the Hotel, then İ am moving to the office and in the evening when İ return İ am given a warm welcome with the pretty faces in the Hotel. Once İ get into my room İ find the room service is done and every thing is well placed.

The thing which İ liked most about this residency is about its location this is just 2 mins walk from Basmane Station and come out of the residence you find the Taxi and Bus services. İn the Residency İ have all the services of cooking and Laundry. What more İ want. İn these 40 days İ have visited the holy Virgin Mary House, Mevlana in Konya and the great City of İstanbul.

İ think that The Residence Comfort is the best place to stay after Home.

Thanks
Khadrı

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2012

When we pulled up in front of the hotel in an industrial/low income shopping area an employee offered to park our car. We declined thinking it could not be that hard to park it. After his instructions we had to get back on the by pass and take the first exit and come down narrow streets and search for the underground parking garage. No such luck except the doorman came out the back of the hotel and showed us where to park. Right in the back in a small area that can accommodate only 4 cars. Ok, 5 with some cross parking. This and the lack of air movement/AC in the common areas such as hallways kept this hotel from earning 5 stars.
What a facility!! Each suite is very tastefully done with a nice bathroom and a bedroom separated from the living/dining area with a sliding glass window and blinds. There were two bathrobes in addition to plush towels, and slippers as well as nice toiletries. Very nice.
The living/dining/kitchen area has a couch, a dining table with two chairs, an easy chair etc. The kitchen has a cook top, microwave oven, and a washing/drying machine. Yes, a clothes washer.
There are cooking and eating utensils and china, cups, glasses etc. Well done!!
Breakfast is included and served by an employee at the time we asked for it in the morning. You are asked to indicate your breakfast choices on a card and hang it on the door knob outside.
I discovered the reason for this arrangement as the hotel does not have a lobby large enough for breakfast service. It turns out the building was originally intended to be suite apartments for sale but was converted to a hotel later. This explains the lack of air movement in the common areas and the single elevator.
The staff have been extremely nice and helpful and made our stay here a most enjoyable experience. But according what we saw during our city visits the "neighborhood" becomes an area full of bars and nightclubs catering to the low and middle class economic strata after dark. Having said that we did not feel uncomfortable at all coming and going. Taxis are plentiful and inexpensive. There is a grocery store (market) almost next door for necessities even alcoholic beverages.
The hotel offers free airport transfers but only for people staying for a month or longer.
Bottom line: we would stay here again if we come back to Izmir as the facility and staff are very good.

Room Tip: We stayed at No. 604 and my fear was elevator noise as it is next the room. Not to worry as I never...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tatliturk
Swindon
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I checked in late on the 26th June as a lone lady on a business trip, arriving at the hotel around 10:30pm, I stayed inititally in room 101, I was pleasantly suprised by how immaculate, clean, modern and just lovely the apartment was and with full supply of tea and coffee facilities, the usual bathroom bits (whirlpool bath and power shower as well!), dressing gowns and slippers, free safe and air con, the works, the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, couldnt do enough for me, I was joined by my auntie a few days later and the staff kindly changed us to a twin apartment which was also just as lovely, I cant recommend this hotel enough if you are visiting Izmir and need somewhere to stay, breakfast was timely and as requested with plenty of choice (but please dont expect a full english as you are in turkey!) I sampled most of the choices and was delighted with them all, we walked to konak pier on a few occasions which took us about 20 mins or so (when we didnt stop to look in the shops!) Ahmet the residence manager and another gentlmen whose name i cant recall but on his business card says M Bora Topaloglu were little gems and will help you in anyway they can, i wouldnt hesitate to stay here again on my return