- Service from the front desk was great. Very friendly and go out of their way to help out.
- Rooms were fine. Beds comfy enough and furniture somewhat new (maybe this was just our room though - 109)
- Value. Good budget choice for Izmir.
- Brekky - while nothing special it was satisfying and got us on our way.
- Our booking was based on location and parking availability. Both of these boxes were ticked. Nothing wrong with location but the "private parking" wasn't really what I was expecting. It is the old part of town so streets are narrow... However it really was just parking on the old cobbled streets in front of the hotel so someone can look after it. No problems when woke up in the morning other than being completely parked in which was resolved quickly enough but it wasn't what I was expecting for oeuvre parking.
- Noise. Walls are thin and despite being in the old town there's still plenty of road traffic. Then the TV in the lobby was playing Turkish MTV way too loud while were trying to sleep. It cut off around midnight I guess. I was exhausted so actually managed to fall asleep with my earplugs in.
- Cigarette smoke. It's everywhere in the lobby and then you would get wafts of it under your door. Just no need for it guys.
Would I recommend this place? Probably not. If you had no other choice in Izmir then yeah go for it but surely there's better run places.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Hotels.com so you can book your Olimpiyat Otel Izmir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.