“Hoping for a Key Chain”
Review of Key Hotel

Key Hotel
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Izmir
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Fabulous hotel. Service is extraordinary in friendliness and readiness. Rooms are modern, spacious, very well decorated and with great technology. And a great view. Breakfast is fantastic. Bar is small but elegant and cozy, good to meet with friends or business associates. Tiny gym maybe the only minus, but it is OK for a boutique hotel. Overall highest marks in design and service; a fully pleasurable experience in a wonderful area of the world. It would be great to have a few more Keys in Europe!

Room Tip: Did not see other rooms, but 309 is perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
OZGUN_CAN, Front Office Manager at Key Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking time to post your review. Such nice words to read!

A KEY Chain? Why not?

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Key Hotel

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This relatively new, small, waterfront hotel is amazingly modern and luxurious at a price that is reasonable! We were greeted with homemade chocolate; our very large room had a waterfront view (and an iPhone charger, etc); staff were friendly; breakfast was very good. This is the kind of hotel I would choose for a weekend away if Izmir was closer to our home in Seattle.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart D
OZGUN_CAN, Front Office Manager at Key Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for this glowing review. It is really nice to know that you were satisfied with your experience at KEY.

So let's make Seattle and Izmir closer...

Warm regards.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My husband and I and two daughters and their husbands spent three nights at the hotel in August 2013. The sea view rooms are over the top. The staff was very accommodating, pleasant and courteous. We ate breakfast each morning at the hotel. Each cup of coffee was served in a clean cup. The breakfast were delicious. The rain showers were unbelievable. Great after a full day of touring. This hotel is convenient to dining along the Aegean Sea. We walked to dinner and the bazar. Definitely worth a stay!

Room Tip: Definitely get the sea view rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
OZGUN_CAN, Front Office Manager at Key Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience through Tripadvisor. Your kind words are source of motivation for us.

Looking forward to welcome you back to Izmir in not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Am in awe!!!!! Superb experience from beginning to end. Exceptional room with all the high tech additions; cleanliness spotless;food simply yummy;staff welcoming,friendly and extremely helpful; and location is outstanding!!!! key hotel is just next to everything and anything you need !!! When in Izmi, the Key is the only hotel you should seek! we all need to pamper ourselves once in a while!! Fell in love with Izmir because of its people including the Key personnel!! Will be back soon :)

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Reem S
OZGUN_CAN, Front Office Manager at Key Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We really appreciate your beatiful review for KEY. We are more than happy to know that your stay met your expectations.

Special thanks for your kind words for people of Izmir including KEY team. We are looking forward to welcome you back to our glamour city.

Warm regards.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We travel a lot and we saw already many hotels, but the Key hotel in Izmir was one of the top adresses where we stayed. The superior sea-view room is outstanding. The service is perfect and you are near of the best places in town ( waterfront, bazar, historical center). When you stay in Izmir, book this hotel! The only "negative" point was the fitness ( 3 cardio machines, thats all).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
OZGUN_CAN, Front Office Manager at Key Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your glowing review. We are happy to know that you had a pleasant stay at KEY.

Yes, inside a renovated historical building we could only manage to place three basic cardio equipment of highest technology and a very special multifunctional KINESIS machine on our limited space.

Hope to welcome you back to our glamour city.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I stayed at the Key Hotel in Izmir last weekend and really enjoyed. I was actually so excited that I wrote a Trip advisor review just when I was about to check out. I never thought that anything negative could possibly happen so fast.

Well, as I was packing my bag and getting ready to leave I touched a beautiful stylish lamp by the table with the back of my arm. The lamp was so hot that whatever it touched, it seriously burned. I called the front desk and explained the situation and they sent someone to buy a couple of creams, Silverdin and Anestol. Never heard of them but can only hope they will expedite the healing.

I explained to them the danger of that lamp and how important that they be replaced all over the hotel. It is a beautiful lamp but really poorly designed. My husband doesn’t believe that they would even consider removing them; he thought that they had probably laughed at me for even saying that.

Too expensive to replace and it is just better to pretend that nothing ever happened. One more tourist out of the door and hardly coming back to Izmir. Who would know?

Anyway, I had expected a letter from management apologizing for the incident and checking how my wound was doing. I have not heard a word from them.

Well, I just would like to advise EVERYONE that stays there to watch out. My trip has been damaged substantially; I had planned to go to Bodrum and due to the burn, I can’t imagine being in the sun. It looks too ugly to wear a tank top or a light summer dress since it needs to be protected all the time from the sun in order to reduce future scars which will sure happen.

So, this is my dilemma, I can’t leave it uncover since I have to avoid sun burn but If I cover, the contact of any fabric hurts tremendously …great trip..…and never received a single apology from them…

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank intlalberta
OZGUN_CAN, Front Office Manager at Key Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest & Tripadvisor Community,

We are more than happy to inform you all that the reading lamps in our rooms are all modified with led bulbs by the producer company so that there will be no "overheating" problem.

After this unfortunate accident, all necessary actions are taken regardless of cost as guest safety is always a priorirty for KEY Hotel.

Below you may also find our General Manager Mr.Teoman SENSOY's first reaction to guest review regarding reading lamps.

Kind Regards

11 August 2013
Below response is written on behalf of Mr.Teoman SENSOY - General Manager at KEY Hotel

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of KEY Hotel on Tripadvisor. I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay until the very last minute that you faced that accident and also so sorry to feel that this issue ruined all the positive features we try to maintain.

I was most concerned to be informed about the unfortunate issue you experienced during your stay. Here at KEY Hotel, we pride ourselves on the standards of product and service we provide, which makes the accident you faced more disappointing. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and my assurance that I have personally investigated every single point you shared with my Manager on Duty Mrs.Cisem EFE who gladly assisted you that day visiting you in your room, offering assistance, ice cure or any medicines, providing lunch boxes, exchanging business cards etc..

At that point, I feel the need to express some facts and clear some misunderstandings if possible. From the first moment that we have been informed about the case, whole team was in charge from the reception clerk to the manager on duty and never underestimated the problem. Mrs.Cisem EFE immideately contacted our corporate doctor and explained the situation. Those two creams were provided upon professional medical advice. We hope that they helped the recovery.

Moreover, despite your husband's opinion and your prejudice regarding our potential approach dealing with the reading lamps, together with our purchasing and maintanence executives we handled a rapid project to modify or even totally remove the existing reading lamps without considering the cost. We removed all the lamps from the rooms and sent them back to the provider who will change the current halogen bulbs into led bulbs which they assume will be a permanent solution.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to KEY Hotel in person at some point in the future and to restore your faith in the hotel and us.

Yours sincerely,

Teoman SENSOY

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Hotel is located on the promanade. We were welcome with a cool drink and the reception staff was friendly and helpful. The room with all its new electronic gadgets was a treat. The service and breakfast was outstanding. The hotel was very clean. At night could not hear the noise from the promanade. Very good located hotel. I would definitely recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TaherKarachi
OZGUN_CAN, Front Office Manager at Key Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy life to write for us... We really appreciate it. We are very pleased that everything came up to your expectations, it's always a good feeling when guests are satisfied.

Thank you once again, we look forward to the next time you are in İzmir.

Best Wishes,