“Ephesus Deluxe - private tour with Gizem.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Half-Day, Small-Group Tour From Kusadasi Port to Ephesus
Ranked #1 of 31 Tours in Izmir
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ephesus Deluxe - private tour with Gizem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We just returned from our month long european vacation and I have to take a moment to thank our wonderful guide Gizem for not only showing us the beauty of Ephesus but for also introducing us to the Turkish way of life. She's extremely knowledgeable and with her wonderful personality she added personal touches to our day long excursion.
I would not hesitate to recommend her as a guide.
Thanks so much Gizem!

2 Thank Kelly G

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ephesus Deluxe semi-private tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had a great trip to Ephesus. Our tour guide "Mystery" was the best tour guide we have ever had. She was extremely knowledgeable, personable, and helpful. She took us to all of the places listed on the itinerary and gave us plenty of time to take photos without rushing us along. Lunch (also included free wifi) was excellent. While we did stop for a rug demonstration, it was very informative and actually a highlight of the trip. There was no pressure to purchase anything. I would highly recommend this tour. We had 15 people on the tour, and each person thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

1 Thank somuch2see123
Gulf Breeze, Florida
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“POSITIVE EXPERIENCE WITH EphesusDeluxe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We recently toured Ephesus in a private van, there were 5 of us, with Gizem. She was very knowledgeable and met us on time at the exit from the cruise ship.We enjoyed the House of Mary, Basilica of St. John Evangelist, all of Ephesus including the Terrace Houses. It was crowded in mid July and very hot, but Gizem found shade where possible and we had A/C in the van. When I contacted Deniz to make arrangements by email, I specified that I wanted NO touristy lunch and NO carpet sale stop. We ended up at the Cooperative for a typical Turkish lunch (we were the only guests there) and briefly saw how carpets are made but there was zero pressure to buy. I really liked learning about the silk retrieval from the cocoons! Gizem dropped us at the Turkish Delight store on the way back to our ship, but was not pushing shopping , just as I requested. We were unrushed and pleased with the entire day. And it cost less than the big bus shore excursion option.

Gilbert, Arizona
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“I said 'no rugs'!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I learned of this company here. Good reviews. The comparable cruise excursions involved "rug demonstrations" both in Istanbul and Kusadasi. Reviews of those indicated they literally locked you in a room for 90 minutes trying to sell you rugs. No thank you!! I don't want to waste valuable shore time saying "no" repeatedly to high-pressure sales people.

So I contact Ephesus Deluxe Tours, and they are very nice and accommodating. I'm assured there won't be any sales talks. Price is quite reasonable. So we go for it.

So first day is Istanbul. Guide is a little brusque, but I think that's more cultural than anything. He seemed to know about the sites we were visiting, and answered questions. Then towards the end of the tour he asked if we wanted to see pottery. Sure, why not. Well...we get a pottery demo and then an invitation to go downstairs to see their "collection". Uh...no. I can smell a sales pitch coming. We get out of there. The guide doesn't try to dissuade us, which is good. And he found us a decent place to eat lunch outside the Spice Market. Nothing fancy, but I liked it.

Second day is Kusadasi. Lunch is supposed to be included this day. So we go through the Ephesus site, and all is well. Until I ask about lunch. Care to guess where "lunch" was? At the rug store. And their idea of lunch was a glass of tea (which was pretty good, actually), and these fried bread things (which also weren't bad, but this is NOT a proper lunch). And of course an opportunity to "learn about rugs". The guide claimed that this is where they bring people for lunch on this tour.

Which part of "no rug demonstrations" didn't they understand? We were able to leave, but they never should have brought us there. They should have taken us someplace else to eat that didn't involve any sales talks. I'd go with four stars if it wasn't for this. The rest of the tour was interesting and enjoyable. But they must receive a deduction for, in effect, lying to us when we asked to be spared all sales talks.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank 1poorguy
Coral Springs, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked the Semi-Private Tour from Kusadasi Port. This tour is a guaranteed departure tour, which means even if you are the only ones who booked it, they will leave. It can have up to 14 people on the tour, but our day there were only 7. When we arrived at the port, our tour guide had my name on a board so it was easy to find her. A great thing about this company is that they take your reservation, but do not collect any money until after the tour. So you have no upfront costs. The tour guide was lovely and the tour included all of the highlight sights of the area and lunch. The lunch was really good. (Make sure you bring money for drinks, they are not included) They did take us to a pottery place and a rug place for presentations, and did try to sell items, however, I did not at all feel pressured to buy anything from either place and actually no one in our group purchased and they seemed fine with that. I've heard a lot about the high pressure sales in Turkey and was pleasantly surprised. We had an amazing day, and I still have memories of the highlight of my cruise Ephesus. Do not hesitate to book with this company, they are the most reasonably priced and gave an excellent tour!

Visited June 2014