“A very good restaurant in Izmir”
Review of Midpoint

Midpoint
Ranked #49 of 2,748 Restaurants in Izmir
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Although the service may be a bit slow, we usually go to Midpoint if we are in Forum Bornova. We like the food and the place

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I have been to midpoint before one week.There was GREAT.Because the waiters were professional and helped to me about the coctails.The location is good Because of near to my work place.I prefer the restaurant.The decoration is also good.I spent good time during drinking.I will go next time .

Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is a fairly new bistro style restaurant located next to the Swissotel in Izmir. The menu is extensive and the service varies anywhere from excellent to average. I have eaten here many times during the last few visits to Turkey and have consistently enjoyed my food. They don't give you a hard time as in some other Turkish restaurants when you ask them if they could replace one of the side items on the plate with another item of your choice. I always had a veggie side dish in place of potatoes and they were able to accommodate my preference. I can't say this is a budget place but the prices are not outlandish if you stay with the basics. A main course with a glass of wine and a desert to share with your companion would cost you around 30-40 USD. Their seafood items are my favorites but a lot of people like their burgers too. The wine menu is sufficient though I wouldn't try their house red wine which tastes like vinegar rather than wine. The deserts are terrific.

1  Thank PHIZ
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I've eaten here on several occasions...the first time was great & with a group of 9 others. The service, portion sizes, cost per serving & quality were excellent. Being the pessimist that I am, trips #2 & #3 were to prove that trip #1 was a fluke...I was foolish. Not only was the entire experience great, but the food prep & service seemed to get better!! With the wide range of choices that are available, it's now the first choice for gatherings for both work and/or social dinners.

Reviewed 27 July 2012

As I looked around, I could have been sitting in a trendy Beverly Hills, California, or Soho New York, or practically any trendy city in the world, but I was in Izmir,Turkey. The decor is "chic industrial," with exposed wood and pipes, brick and steel. The food is a very American style (with Italian and Turkish items, too) menu. Everything on the menu begs for a tasting. But last night I ate the penne with roasted chicken, mushrooms and parmesan. It was delicious, just like a meal I'd eat in New York's best Italian restaurant. The serving was generous, the presentation wonderful, and the service fast, efficient and courteous. They make the most amazing home-made lemonade, too. I didn't try dessert because the meal just filled me up, but one afternoon, I'll go for a coffee and something sweet, and it will be soon. Bring your friends, relax and take your time with a great meal and a great place to sit around with a drink afterwards. My highest recommendation.

1  Thank mercules221