“Great location & service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Izmir

and 1 more site!
Ranked #6 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Bradfordwoods, PA
“Great location & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Izmir for 2 nights on a vacation in Turkey. We were upgraded to the executive level as Gold Card Members & to recognize our anniversary. What a great room! We had a wonderful view of the Aegean. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was spotless. The executive lounge offered plenty of options at breakfast and enough food in the evening that it was not necessary to go out for dinner if you didn't feel like it. The location is perfect, close to lots of restaurants and the seaside.

Service was friendly and professional. The one and only issue we had was that we double checked with the hotel on the location to catch the HAVAS bus to the airport. The HAVAS location is only 2-3 blocks from the hotel, so it's a great way to get to the airport. Unfortunately when we arrived at the HAVAS stop, there was a sign on it, in Turkish, saying the stop was moved to a different location because of a parade happening that day. We don't read Turkish, so we had to ask a bunch of people if they spoke English & could read it for us. Turned out the stop was about 6 blocks away, past the Hilton we had just checked out of. Seemed like the hotel should have been aware of that, but it was no big deal and we caught the bus on time.

Overall a fine experience with Hilton. Would definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in Izmir.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the seaside and a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Juliet K,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was very happy to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay, our services as well as rooms and that the service from our team members met your expectations.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments as well as your loyalty.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Hilton Izmir

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hautes Pyrenees
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

As a Diamond Hilton member for quite a few years my wife and I have stayed in Hilton properties in many countries. Standards in most hotels are good, but Hilton Izmir is an outstanding exception. Check in service was fast and efficient, 4 lifts quickly whisk one to the delegated floor. Those rooms on higher floors command amazing views westward over the waterfront and sea.
The rooms were immaculately clean and spacious. The large Hilton king size beds are always comfortable. The free wifi had an excellent speed.
Breakfast was a real treat, one of the widest choices of dishes we have ever seen. Particular mention must go to the daily provision of a complete beekeeping frame containing the most delicious honey.
Parking is attached to the hotel with ample spaces.
Location first class, a short stroll to the Kemeralti market and to the many restaurants on the waterfront.
Absolutely nothing to fault, very many thanks to Mr Vetter and his excellent staff. I think this maybe my first all 5 star rating

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stillworkingat68,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review which I have already shared with my team.

I was delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our hotel facilities, rooms and our breakfast service.

Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was in this hotel many times in Izmir. The staff, the food and the cleanliness was excellent.
Very close to the major attractions in Izmir. all within walking distance (nearly max 15 min). Kemeraltı , Alsancak, Kordon maximum of 15 minutes walk from the Hilton.
Alsancak port, a 10-minute walk. Another important point to visit Karşıyaka reachable from the this port.
Hotel room furniture has started to slow aging. this time I did not have bacon at breakfast. I'm sorry because I love it.
this time ; did not have great pillows . I love these pillows.
This time, the missing tooth brush and toothpaste set with shaving kit. caught my attention.
you should choose your rooms overlooking the sea. after that, every time I'm choosing Hilton in Izmir .
Thank you for the hospitality of the hotel management.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Burak E,

I was delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our hotel facilities, rooms and location.

You may be pleased to learn that our renovation programme will begin in 2014 for our guest rooms and has already been completed for our Ballroom and Meeting Rooms last summer. We hope that the outcome will be in keeping with your expectations.

We have noted your preference for sea view rooms and will do our best to assign them for you whenever possible.

Please note that we do not provide either dental or shaving kits as a standard amenity, as guest generally have and prefer their own brands and types. However we do have them available in case of emergency or if they may have been forgotten, as happens to all of us from time to time.

Bacon is a standard item in our Breakfast Buffet and normally we only provide the beef variety in the Level 9 Restaurant. Should you wish to have some pork bacon, we can gladly provide it upon request.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit as well as for your loyalty and
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

The hotel is very well located, offers superb value and service. Especially the front office staff is very helpful and kind. I stronglly recommend for business or for families. Executive club has a wonderful view of Izmir city.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Omer K,

I was delighted to learn that our hotel facilities and Executive Lounge service met with your expectations.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit as well as your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Montpellier, Fransa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Everything was perfect, the view, comfort , breakfast, location and etc.If you have the sea view room, you can feel all Izmir under your feet from Karsiyaka to Narlıdere. Breakfast includes almost everything you can image. Walking distance to Alsancak or Konak. Cankaya Metro station is so closed to hotel and airport shuttle stop is just 2 minutes to walk. We are very satisfied. One of the best hotel we have ever stayed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Dilek Sayın,

I was delighted to learn that you were satisfied with our hotel facilities, location and our breakfast service.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit as well as for your gracious comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

After a sad story created by a apartment rental company in Izmir I made my way up to Hilton. Thanks to their high standard hospitality and well insulated rooms I can sleep finally.

Izmir is a very noisy city as the other towns of Turkey. Turkish hotels lack of insulation, this is the main problem of Turkey. by choosing an international chain like Hilton you just secure your comfort and safety for app. same rates.

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear KalleOberg,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was delighted to learn that our hotel facilities and service met with your expectations.

I was very sorry to hear that you had a sad story while you were sleeping and that you were dissatisfied by this before you arriving at Hilton.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Santa Monica, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I'm sitting in a standard room as I type this. Everything except the desk chair and phone is from the 1970s. The phone is from the 1990s and the chair is new.
Carpet is funeral home style. The whole thing is pretty sad. Parking sucks too.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgrated to exec level at no charge. Worked for me (Silver).
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business