“My impression on Hilton Izmir”
Review of Hilton Izmir

Ranked #7 of 100 Hotels in Izmir
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My stay was very short. Only one night. So I hope I am not unfair. Nice people but old look and old furniture. The ambient needs to sheer up. I felt I was entering a public service building. The location and view are excellent. No adequate space to drop and pickup. :( Thanks

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Sameh E
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Sameh E,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your review.

I was pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay even though you had a short stay.

You may be interested to know that our renovation programme will begin within 2014 for our guest rooms and has already been completed for our Ballroom and Meeting Rooms last summer. We hope that the outcome will be in keeping with your expectations.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hilton Izmir

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here on a week long business trip.

The hotel interior is of a high quality although maybe requires modernization soon.

Breakfast was excellent with a large selection available.

Service is excellent as you would expect.

I had WiFi included in the rooms corporate rate however if this is not the case then there is a significant charge unless you are a HHonors gold/diamond member.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view, stunning views!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Ash P,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your review.

I was pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay, especially with our breakfast service.

You may also be pleased to hear that we offer a special business rate on line that is inclusive of Internet and Breakfast.

You may be pleased to hear that we offer a special business rate on line that is inclusive of Internet. We have also implemented a user friendly pricing policy that is very attractive considering the substantial recent investment to improve speeds and reliability through iBahn. eg. just € 7 for one entire day, inclusive of 18% VAT.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Executive floor rooms are very comfortable and exclusive.
Wob restaurant on the 31st floor great! Especially taste octopus from the starters section ! Very well combined with tomato sauce.
Also grilled chicken very nice as well from mains.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hilfanton

Dear hilfanton,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your review.

I was delighted to learn that you were generally satisfied with our facilities, rooms and food service.

Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I had to stay for a night.
The front desk crew was very nice, polite and professional.
Very nice location. Large rooms. Convenient to go anywhere in the city.
Great breakfast.
This was't my first time with Hilton Izmir. But every time I enjoyed staying in Hilton Izmir.
I can suggest to anyone who has to stay in Izmir Downtown

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lak54

Dear Lak54,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was very happy to read that you have enjoyed your overall stay, our services and our team exceeded your expectations.

Thank you once again for your gracious comments as well as your loyalty.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Beautiful view of Gulf of Izmir, and the staff were outstanding. However the hotel is old and hallways are smelly and carpets stained. I needed a suit dry cleaned for a wedding and they charged me 33 USD! The hotel charged 20 TLY for a can of coke that I would buy on the corner for less than 1 TLY. I went to the lobby bar at night while my wife was bathing, and I was approached by 4 different Ukrainian prostitutes. Arraigned for car and driver on last day their through front desk; insisted on English speaking driver and was assured of such- you guessed it, not a word of English! Sorry Excuse for a 5 Star Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank David W
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here for a week in July 2014 on a business trip.
This was my company's preferred hotel according to our travel agent's website so that's how I selected it.

Check-in was a breeze as is wasn't too crowded when we checked in on Saturday afternoon.
The room I had on the 28th floor had views of the ocean which was nice. The room was large certainly by European standards and even by US standards.

I'm not sure why people say this hotel is "dated" because I certainly didn't see it. My room was a clean modern western style hotel room. Everything worked just fine, though the programming on the TV left something to be desired!

There is an executive lounge on the 30th floor that my company apparently negotiated access to for us which had snacks and drinks.
There's an indoor pool somewhere but I didn't find it (not surprising since I didn't look for it).
There's a restaurant I think but I didn't visit.
The staff was friendly and spoke good English, which was helpful.

The Hilton is well located pretty much right downtown. There are probably a thousand restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel and that's only a slight exaggeration. So we were pretty happy with the location.

As for price we get business rates that include a number of items you would normally pay extra for including lounge access, breakfast, internet, parking (I think) water views, etc. I think I paid 280TL per night ($140) including all those extras. If you don't work for a large multi-national company you'll likely pay more. I was happy here but there are several other hotels in the same area that also seem nice so if the Hilton is too pricey then you might want to check them out too.

Overall when I come to Izmir again I'll likely stay here. I can't think of any specific negatives to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The hotel has nice views if you land the right room. Rooms are large and good, the breakfast is good. However, all the Hilton hotels I used in Turkey charge for Internet use and the amount is not negligible.

There are other excellent hotels in the same area at a walking distance, try to compare them.

Room Tip: If you have the Hilton Honors card, you get a 25% discount in the Internet price.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonIzmirGM, General Manager at Hilton Izmir, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear RodBiasca,

Thank you for staying with us while in Izmir recently and for your kind review.

I was pleased to learn that you were generally satisfied with your stay

You may be pleased to hear that we offer a special business rate on line that is inclusive of Internet and Breakfast.