We stayed at the Hilton Izmir for four nights in first week of August 09. The room was sea view with great view of the pay and city. It was in the executive non-smoking floor spacious with sitting area of sofa, chair and table with lovely king size bed. The towels, bed sheets bellows and bath robes are clean, bright white, and as good as new.
In general, the reception and all staff were very helpful, courteous, and friendly. I rate their service very high. The wired internet is free in the business center (you can use your own computer) The wireless internet is not free even in the business center.
The breakfast has a variety of food of very high quality – it seems the management cares to provide high quality and high class food. Eggs are ordered according to your style and again staff is very friendly.
The Hilton has excellent location with its panoramic views– 5 minutes walk to the sea (not beach – Izmir city has no beach for swimming – they say the water is not good for swimming – no one seem to swim). The walking area along the sea is very nice especially at night time – it is live night city, lots of people walking and sitting along the sea, restaurants open until mid night. The hotel is in the middle of the city surrounded by shops small grocery shops, and many Turkish style restaurants. The city main bazaar is about 10 min walk - you can find anything you want there and many Turkish style restaurants. Moreover, a ferry station near the hotel (called Passport – that’s what it is called) to the other side of the city (station called Karsiyaka - pronounced Karshiyaka) is almost every hour. You can find there shops and more restaurants. About 15 min walk a historic Roman site called Agora (not properly maintained yet), for the Kadifekale Castle which is the highest point on the city it is better to take a taxi less 8 TL one way.
For the beach go to Ilica (pronounced Ilje) beach near a small town called Cesme (pronounced Cheshme). The beach is nice and lovely clear water – it is sandy shallow water beach good for everyone to swim. Taxi to Ilica and Cesme is expensive – it is better to use public transportation bus from bus station called Ucycular otobus (pronounced ichcular) it cost 10TL each way. The beach is near the Sheraton in Ilica. Try the ice cream Cesme, taste good and different. From Ilca to Cesme the local bus cost about 2TL each way.
Fitness center and swimming pool are small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the Top of the Town. With 32 floors and sea views on 3 sides, Hilton Izmir is also located just behind the seaside, Pasaport, Konak, The Kordon, Alsancak and Kemeralti. Enjoy the difference at Hilton Izmir. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Izmir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Izmir Hotel Izmir
- Hilton International Izmir
- Izmir Hilton International