Aksan Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Izmir(Izmir)
  • Breakfast included
US$185
US$119
Swissotel.com
Oglakcioglu Park Boutique Hotel(Izmir)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$57
  • Restaurant
US$70
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I liked everything about but, but had to change rooms three times to find a non-smoking room. They say, this is non-smoking, packed and move but only to find out smells the same as the last one, we did it three times and had to settle to the one that smelled the least. Also non smoking rooms have ashtray in them.
The rooms are very specious, upgraded to suite for the same price, it had balcony, living room with couch where I spent the night, because it was closer to the balcony door where I left it open for some fresh air in to the room to dilute the smoking smell :-) Bed looks very comfy and big.
Service was wonderful, people were helpful and very friendly. If they put me in a REAL non-smoking room, I don't mind staying there again. Food at the restaurant was amazing too. Fresh fish and local dry wine. Breakfast could improve.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Selam S
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was surprised how clean and nice the lobby was at this place. Seemed like a big box hotel in the states. The dining room and breakfast room was nice and the breakfast was very good too. The rooms were very big! Nice and long, fairly updated as well... but I could tell there was smoking in there at some point. Not a deal breaker for me though.

There are lots of complaints about the location... I can't speak to that much except it's not very close to the party district of Izmir. We were able to get a taxi just fine and didn't really have any issues with the location, but there wasn't anything good about it either.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MCarson699
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel at midnight tired and without having a chance to check the reviews! We got a family suit and a two double room attached to it. No one told us that they didn't have a smoke free family room. We suffered from the residual smell the whole night. In addition the air conditioner was not working in the smaller room, and opening the window didn't help neither. The breakfast and specially the fruit were not fresh. The fried eggs were dry and gave the impression that they were not made the same day. When I complained about the air conditioner, they said they'll fix it however they did not offer any compensation for the terrible night we had. The Wifi was not user friendly and required entering the passport number Finally it was the car which was parked in an outdoor valet parking and as result was like a sauna. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Four star rating? Seriously, a big exaggeration.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank gourmet2011-06
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We had a one night stop over in this hotel before we flew back to Istanbul.
The staff is very friendly and there stops the positive. We had booked a triple room, however that one was not free so we got a suite. A suite which actually doesn't have room for three persons so we improvised an extra sleeping place on the sofa.

Furthermore, the rooms look tired and smell smokey. But the biggest down is probably the location. It's ok in the day time but at night.. well I wouldn't want to be out of the street. Definitely choose another neighbourhood in Izmir!

Room Tip: If only this hotel was on another location.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Koja78
Reviewed 16 June 2013

good hotel with free wifi and good range as well
Food both breakfast and dinner was good
Small supermarket just adjacent where you can get things at reasonable rates

cons
bed was not comfortable,quite hard
no good view ( the only thing I could see from my room was a laundry building)

p.s
our guide advised us not to explore the place around as it is not safe,so we did not venture out but some of the people from our group did go out and also shopped and said that they got stuff at reason able price and they did not face any problem at all (but this was at day time)
Choice is yours.