“Normal Standard Hotel”

Ranked #65 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
OLOT, Catalonia
“Normal Standard Hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This Hotel is well located in the center of Izmir, just 100m from the sea front. Suitable for short business stays, or just for 1 on your way to Efesus. Breakfast is quite basic. Rooms are correct and have free Wifi. Rates are according to what you get.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Catvics

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Verona, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 August 2011

With so many other, higher ranked hotels on the list, I would definitely recommend choosing one of those. This hotel was not comfortable. Rooms were small, beds hard, and everything very dated. During our two night stay, the air conditioning did not work and it was over 90 degrees. We changed rooms twice and while the air was cooler (about 80) in the final room, it was less than comfortable. The hotel sent "technicians" to work the problem but these gentlemen didn't seem to do anything more than push a few buttons. Nothing changed but they kept telling us the air was working fine.

Room Tip: no one in our group of 40 had a comfortable room. Not sure if there are better rooms to be had.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank kasiem

Travellers are raving about these Izmir hotels

Skaneateles, New York
Reviewed 15 June 2011

As part of our turkey tour we stayed one night at this hotel. The rooms were ok, elevator was small and slow. Breakfast buffet was ok, staff not very friendly. It's in a good location, in walking distance we found a bazaar, mostly for locals, and on the water side we found a nice restaurant, the language was a problem, but they had a good attitude.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mariu40
NewYork, NY
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I would have to say that out of the 3 hotels our group stayed at this was the worst... Not only was the staff so rude especially the front desk people but my room smelled sooo bad I slept with some friends that were gracious enough to allow me to sleep in their room. I just showered and changed in my room. All of the single rooms which are 118-218-318-418-518 and 618- are HORRIFIC!!!!

When I tell you they reaked of smoked...I couldn't breathe - none of the air conditioners worked and there were no windows to open to the outside to let some fresh air in. The one window that was in the room opened to a closed air court.

I asked 2 times to be moved and the manager and staff were sooo rude they could care less. Not very friendly people at all...especially if your an American...

NEVER EVER EVER EVER recommend this place to anyone!!! I would have rather have slept outside on the bench than sleep in this dump.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank LuvToShop4Me
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2011

As part of a group, we stayed at the Kaya Prestige in Izmir for 2 nights. The room was fine but the buffet breakfasts and dinners were poor. There was little to choose from and if you didn't get there as it opened the food was cold and they didn't seem to replenish the dishes. Getting the wait staff to take take drink orders was difficult and they never served an entire table. If part of the group got their attention they would be served but the remainder of the table was ignored. The desk staff was not helpful either as English was limited and they were unable to do money exchanges or the breaking of larger bills. The American flag that was hung outside the entrance was hung upside down but this was corrected when pointed out. Of the four hotels we stayed at I would reate this the poorest of the group

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank tobyt13
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel on a tour with Gate 1. On a 14-day tour in May, it was the only hotel in Turkey that had the air conditioning turned on. The pleasant temperature of the room, combined with a quiet corner location, allowed me to get the best nights of sleep I had in Turkey. Unfortunately, the hotel was unable to give me a nonsmoking room which I had requested. The breakfast buffet is quite good as is the location.
Also, the city of Izmir was a very pleasant surprise. It is pretty, fun, and has great restaurants.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the busy street
  • Stayed May 2011
2 Thank hanalei2014
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2011

We stayed at Kaya Prestige for two nights as part of a Gate1 13 day tour of Turkey. The hotel is in a great location, easy walk to the waterfront, stores, restaurants and cafes. The room was clean and comfortable for two people. The bed however was not so comfortable and of all the hotels I stayed at during this trip, I'd rate the bed at this one the lowest. Uncomfortable bed and incessant barking dog for two nights (dog not hotel's problem) = no sleep. Not a bad hotel for the tour, when I visit Izmir again (It was my favorite city we visited) I might go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2011