“Excellent city hotel”

Ranked #24 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
Istanbul, Turkey
“Excellent city hotel”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Walk In Hotel has a perfect accesibility, it is very close to metro (5minutes walk), Izmir international fair center (5 minutes walk). Its a new hotel rooms very clean and nice, bed so comfortable, restroom is ok. Dont expect a butique hotel decoration, this place is modern and clean. Stuff was very polite too. I think the name is Walk In because you really dont need to take anything with you except clothes because they provide you toothbrush, shaving kit, comb, shoe polish, anything you need for self care is at your service and no extra charges. The price range is so fare, breakfast is included. If you wish to have lunch the price was around 15 TL. I liked the breakfast not so many choices but perfectly enough for a good day start. If you wish to visit Izmir and only looking for a clean and nice place to sleep I strongly suggest you this hotel.

Room Tip: My room was 22 and it was perfect, there were rooms on the upper floors if you prefer stairs and don...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sedef O

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Jiangyin, China
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay of three nights here. This made a good jumping-off point for our side trip to Ephesus. Service was very good--staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms were spacious, ultra-clean, nicely appointed, and we had a good view of the main square. Wifi was excellent. Beds were comfy. Good water pressure in the shower. The location was convenient. The breakfast buffet was awesome--one of the best I've run across in a long time. I'd stay here again, definitely.

The only complaint I have is that they charged our credit card for one night, when we had arranged to pay cash. When we asked that the card be credited the money back, they said they couldn't do it (I know this isn't true--I used to work in hotel reception, and we were able to do that all the time). So, for that, I'm taking a little off the rating. Otherwise--great place!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This hotel is located near the train station, also near the bust stop, it's very convenient. The room is very clean and with big space, the shower room is also clean and new. When we checked in, they also offer afternoon tea for us, turkish cay and cake, very nice. The breakfast is very very good, with many different kinds of foods, bread and drinks. Also, the staff is very nice and kind to us, provide prompt help and answer questions quickly. I highly recommended this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in June.
We had a 2 room suite. This was lovely with large windows that spanned the width of each room. The view was great overlooking the Basmane round about - very interesting to view the activity out there.
The amenities provided were great - such as a dental kit, shaving kit, and shoe shine pad. The walk in shower was also fantastic.
The breakfast and WiFi was good. We also went to the afternoon "tea time" provided between 5 and 7 pm. The hotel provides tea, coffee, and cake in a lounge beside the restaurant. A good service.
The only negative was the dinner we had - inedible smelly fish. We were the only patrons, so I think they are not really set up for dinner. There are many restaurants and take out places nearby - so there are plenty of alternatives.
Getting to the airport from here is easy by taxi. There are 24 hour taxis available outside and it is around 50 lira.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I am a solo female traveller and recently stayed three nights at this hotel and had a wonderful experience. It is very clean and modern, the staff are great, the breakfast is excellent. I had a room facing the back of the hotel and I found it very quiet. The beds are comfy, too!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank SAinCalgary
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The Walk In Hotel is located across the street from Basmane station and is convenient for that reason, but the hotel staff was less than helpful when I arrived at 9pm and inquired on the best way to get to airport for a 6am flight. I am a solo woman traveller, and they told me to walk 15 minutes to another hotel at 3:45am in order to catch a shuttle. They did not know what time the shuttle left, or how long it took to get to the airport. Nor did they provide me with a map to walk to the shuttle stop. I opted to take a taxi. They also kept my passport, and I couldn't help but notice that it was tossed into a pile of papers on the reception desk instead of being put in a safe.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jen I
Reviewed 21 May 2014

No splashy lobby, but the Walk In Hotel is welcoming nonetheless. Rooms are clean and compact, breakfast is good, and the location next to train and bus stations cannot be beat. Staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple