“Absolutely Fabulous”

Renaissance Izmir Hotel
Ranked #5 of 98 Hotels in Izmir
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We just spent 3 nights at the Izmir Renaissance, we checked out at the end of our stay feeling a little sad. For once I couldn't fault anything with services of this hotel, all the staff were polite and helpful. Gurol and the Navigator were extremely helpful, their assistance made our stay in Izmir memorable and enjoyable. The Renaissance to me was like a breach of fresh air. The room was very spacious and clean, the service was very impressive. We'll stay there again and we would recommend no other. So happy we made the right choice.

Room Tip: Corner Club Room is very spacious, in summer those with morning sun could be beneficial.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear RoadBack,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write your review after your recent stay at the Renaissance Izmir Hotel.
We are very pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your stay and glad to see that we have lived up to your expectations. Your feedback about our team, Gurol and Üykü is highly appreciated and please note that your note is shared with them.

Thank you for choosing Renaissance Hotels and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Izmir.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stay for 4 night at Renaissance, and since I have had a temperature, I had the possibility to live full days there, experiencing the quality and organization of the services.
The property is modern, the common spaces are well organized and the furnishing are new and properly working. My room was a std room, spacious and well organized with a super bed and 2 soft pillow. Since the room was very silent, the sleeping is really a pleasure. Big "double" bath room (services separated by the shower, that looks like a little hammam). The breakfast have various element (local, mediterranean, continental), and all is fresh and abundant. Also the restaurant, though is not an extraordinary excellence, proposes simply dishes for a correct price.
The personnel is a value added, everywhere kind, friendly and professional, and when I have had some problem, everyone was engaging to find to me the best solution.
Just a note.. remember to bring shower sandals.. I found some footprint that bother if you are used to take your shower without sandals..
Overall a great stay, and sure better than other emblazoned property I have visited in Izmir.
Full five star with a smile.

Room Tip: I tested 3rd floor without earing any noise from the street, so higher floor can only improve the la...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear "anto68Napoli",

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel; you certainly have an eye for details and I have enjoyed reading your description to the hotel and the services we provided.

Your review is very valuable for us and also shared with our team for encouragement and improvement.

I am glad to see that we have lived up to your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Izmir.

Many thanks again

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everything was fantastic, friendly service and amazing breakfast! Ask for massage and relax! We felt like our home! The hotel is close to all the hot spots of Izmir. Luxurious hotel, very good choice for izmir!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Mastixa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It is such a pleasure to read your note and I am so glad to learn that we have lived up to your expectations, comments like these are encouraging us to do more and makes us very proud of our hotel and team.

Your review is very valuable to us and we have shared it with the entire team.

Again thank you very much for choosing Renaissance and we look forward to welcoming you back very shortly.

Kind regards

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I would absolutely stay here again when in Izmir! The Staff were very accommodating. All reception Staff were great, spoke English fluently and went out of their way to assist me when I needed it. The room is spacious and clean, including the bathroom with traditional hamman sink and soap made from olives, very impresive. The associate, who took care of the breakfast and meals during my stay were very attentive and friendly. Try Turkish specialities from the buffet breakfast. Try Indigenous Benedict Eggs. The presentation of all ingredients is very nice. And home made hot pita with organic extra virgin olive oil is fabulous during lunch or dinner time! After meal everybody should go out to the terrace and see the breathtaking city panorama. Service in the SPA outstanding! I had massage which took away 10 years from me. The Navigator (like concierge in other hotels) person very helpful in setting tour of the city. I had an excellent stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Izmir. The service from the valet to the front office staff to the restaurant and SPA personnel have been unsurpassable. Extremely hospitable, helpful when needed. I was looking for postcards which I forgot to buy on the last day of my stay and I was on a hurry because of the flight and one of the reception clerk went out with me to look for some postcards!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ms. Anne S,

It is such a pleasure to read your letter and I am so glad to learn that we have lived up to your expectations, comments like these are encouraging us to do more and makes us very proud of the entire team.

I thank you so much for taking the time to write this note which we have shared with the entire team.

Thank you for choosing Renaissance we look forward to meeting you in your next visits to Izmir

Sincerely

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel seems fairly new and its location is excellent. A short walk to the sea promenade, to Konak Square, the hub of Izmir, and to the Kemeralti Market area. The Havas shuttle bus to and from the airport stops more or less outside. The Renaissance decor is splendid with marble on almost every surface. The floors encircle an atrium and the lifts are glass fronted. It’s not exactly spectacular because the hotel is only eight stories high. We were given a terrific room on the 6th floor with a view over a palm garden attached to the Efes Hotel opposite. It was very well furnished with dark wood wardrobes with curved corners giving it a kind of art deco look like a cabin on a 1930’s cruise ship. The bathroom arrangement was very elaborate with a large washbasin area flanked on one side by a separate toilet and on the other by a sizeable wet room - marble of course. Everything about the room was well thought out and contained whatever a visitor could need as if it was a result of considerable research. There was a kettle, free wall safe, an illuminated magnified shaving mirror and LED reading lamps on flexi stems so that one person could read in bed without disturbing their sleeping companion. I rarely find that in hotels. A nice finishing touch was the bedhead which was a huge blow-up of a vintage sepia photograph of Konak square. The buffet breakfast offered an excellent range of cold food but I wasn’t too sure about the hot. I had a cooked-to-order omelette instead. The breakfast room is on the top floor with a very comfortably furnished terrace with great views. Presumably in the warm weather you could have your breakfast out there. But in February it wasn't an option. There are spa facilities (swimming pool, saunas and hammam) and a fitness centre. I had a look around and they were very glamorous, particularly the swimming pool, but I was too lazy to make use of any of them.

Room Tip: The windows have efficient double glazing so I don't think there is any problem with street nois...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Malbear,

I am glad to see that we have lived up to your expectations.

Thank you for choosing Renaissance and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Izmir.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We spent the last week of February 2014 with the family (including two kids). Our staying in the Renaissance hotel turned out to be very positive: very good location in the city centre close to the sea promenade, helpful and friendly staff, excellent breakfast buffet and a large modern and clean bedroom. Furthermore, the hotel is not so big: hence, you will have almost the feeling to be in a boutique hotel. The hotel manager was frequently around, making sure that your potential wishes are addressed. As frequent (and quite demanding) travelers, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Luca B

Dear Mr. Luca B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. It is such a pleasure to read your feedback and I am so glad to learn that we have lived up to your expectations, comments like these are encouraging us to do more and makes us very proud of our hotel and team.

Your review is very valuable to us and we have shared it with the entire team.

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This brand new Renaissance is located at the heart of Izmir, very close to old Hilton. Very easy to reach from the airport, simply taking HAVAS bus in front of arrivals terminal. Only cost 10 TL. Tell the driver to drop you at Hilton.

Hotel is a 8-storey compact building, well furbished. Greeted at the front desk by courteus Navigators, gave us a room early in the morning. Nice decent size room. Loved the stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Plankty,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Renaissance Izmir Hotel following your recent stay us.
We are pleased to learn that you were satisfied with your stay. Comments such as yours are very important for us and shared with all of our Team Members for encouragement and improvement.

Again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back very shortly.

Kind regards,