“Usual Renaissance service”

Renaissance Izmir Hotel
Ranked #7 of 97 Hotels in Izmir
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We spent 2 nights using Izmir as base for trips around the city. The hotel is exactly what you can expect from a Renaissance, very good service, attention to details with a local twist.
Location could not be better, only a bit difficult to find as my GPS did not undestand the correct location, a good reference believe me or not is Hilton Hotel, after knowing that you can find the hotel easily.
Breakfast was good. Only flaw was the room not made at 4:30 pm... had to wait after a tiring day...
Interesting point is the bathroom, I believe it should resemble a turkish bath.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GeorgeAssaf, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear "TPietscher",

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and highly appreciate your nice feedback about the hotel and services.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in cleaning your room on that day, and be aware that I followed up on the process with our Style Manager to make sure that this doesn't happen again.

Again thank you very much for staying with Renaissance and we look forward to welcome you back on your future visits to Izmir.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for Renaissance Izmir Hotel

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Staying 3 nights for business. The hotel location is excellent. It’s in the central location and just a short walk to restaurants and the waterfront. The vibe of the hotel is boutique-ish with the lounge feels and they have DJ spinning in the lobby on Tuesday night. The room is clean, upscale, modern and spacious. I stayed in a king-bed room and it had extra couch, reading chair with an ottoman – a very nice touch. Bathroom is split into two side with sink in the middle which is an interesting setup. One side is the toilet with door and the other is the shower with a Turkish bath sink. There’s no bathtub. The hotel room was quiet even though the room I stayed is on the 3 rd floor facing the street. Breakfast was included in my rate. It was plentiful and a lot of choices and was served on the top floor with a view of the city. Check-in and Check-out was easy and smooth. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear "willoftheworld",

Thank you very much for your review, I enjoyed reading your description about the hotel and services, I must say that you have a great eye for details.

I am very deligthed to see that you had a pleasant stay and please note that I have shared your feedback with our team.

Thank you for choosing Renaissance and we are looking forward to welcoming you shortly.

Best Regards

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel twice during my recent trip to Izmir. I found the staff of this hotel very helpful and patient, from helping with bus/Greek ferry schedule to area attractions and directions. The room was very nice with marble shower. I would stay here again, which I already did. The location was very convenient, with easy walking distance to the beautiful waterfront, restaurants, ferries, and bazaar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Dear "northernlighter ",

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your nice description for our hotel and services and please note that your feedback is shared with our team.

We are very pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay, thank you for choosing Renaissance and we look forward to welcoming you for the 3rd time in Renaissance Izmir.

All the best

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Lovely hotel,staff very friendly and professional, room upgraded, prompt service in restaurant, beautiful room,and then a very nice lunch on the rooftop terrace in the morning, exactly what you would expect from a five star marriott.

Dear "Ruairi f",

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, your feedback about the service and hotel is highly appreciated and we are very glad to see that we have lived up to your expectation.

Thank you very much for staying with Renaissance we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Izmir.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family and I decided to visit Ephesus and Pergamum with an overnight stay at Izmir at the spur of the moment, thus turned up with no preplanned booking at the Rennaissance hotel. The service we received was exceptional, and they even granted our request for a late check out to suit our tour schedule. The facilities were great and they all made us feel welcome. Fully recommend this hotel for your Izmir stay.

Stayed: July 2014
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear "Lusiana B",

Thank you very much for your kind review, and we hope your visit to Izmir and its sites was very delightful.

We are glad to see that we have lived up to your expectation and highly appreciate your comments about the hotel and services. Please be informed that we have shared your feedback with our team.

Thank you very much for choosing Renaissance and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

As a frequent business traveler turned leisurely world traveler, I've stayed in everything from budget motels in Alabama to resorts in the Caribbean to luxury hotels in Manhattan. I would gladly put the Renaissance Hotel in Izmir in my top ten list of all time. From the moment we arrived to the second we left, the staff made sure it was a first class experience. Even though I've lost my status with Marriott, after we upgraded to a club room, the hotel upgraded us again to a junior suite. The room was phenomenal: large area, enormous couch, two working desks, mini bar/fridge, large LCD TV with lots of channels, and one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in. Even better, was the lavish bathroom. The complimentary breakfast at the rooftop restaurant, evening appetizer and cocktails in the lounge downstairs, all made the experience that much more enjoyable. My wife even took advantage of the Turkish bath and spa downstairs, enjoying a massage followed by a complimentary facial. The wifi was amazingly fast as well. But at the end of the day, no matter how nice the amenities and location are, it comes down to the staff. Everyone from the waiters and waitresses, the front desk reception, the lounge bar attendants, the security, the spa staff and the housekeepers, we're always smiling and making sure our stay was an enjoyable one. I simply can't recommend this hotel enough! Many thanks for a wonderful 3 nights at this amazing property.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club room or a suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear "Sabbaticalness"

Wow, thank you very much for your amazing review and detailed description. I enjoyed reading your notes, you have a great eye for details and I am glad to see that we have lived up to your expectation.

Please be informed that I shared your review with our team and we all look foreward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Izmir

All the best

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

New hotel in Izmir offering the best package for business travellers. Excellent and very well maintained facilities. Careful & attentive service. Exquisite buffet & à la carte at the Skyfire restaurant. Responsive staff from the GM down to the bell boy. A good team working well together. I had the opportunity to stay at their suite, very nice and customized for business guests with fast & free internet, quite room with a nice peaceful layout.
Room for improvement: add a new restaurant that offers something different than Skyfire like a sandwich or burger or salad restaurant which is more casual than Skyfire.
Highly recommended to business travellers who want excellent service combined with a homey feel at affordable prices.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Thank pierohat1969 .
George A, General Manager at Renaissance Izmir Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear "pierohat1969"

Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor, I highly appreciate your valuable & detailed description to our hotel and services.

Your feedback is very important for us and it is shared with our team for encouragement and improvement.

Thank you for staying with Renaissance and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visits to Izmir.

Sincerely yours,