“Great Meal”

Gozlemecim
Ranked #5 of 2,570 Restaurants in Izmir
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I went to Gözlemecim on May 30th based on Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed. The restaurant was not difficult to find based on the map from Tripadvisor. It is nestled in the local bazaar which was great for wandering. Cim, the owner/chef, recommended a mixture of at least 4 ingredients. My wife had minced meat, yellow cheese, eggplant, mushrooms, and mixed spinach. I had the spicy Turkish sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, yellow cheese, and egg (based on Cim's recommendation). In fact, Cim was making suggestions for both of us as to what would go best with the meat we were ordering. Both meals were very tasty. The portions were large and neither one of us finished despite the fact we were rather hungry at the time (it was about 1:30 in the afternoon). If we ever get back there, we will share a regular gözleme and order a dessert one!

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank JLSRichmond_VA

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Faro, Portugal
“Very nice and special food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I and a friend of mine, looked for the advise of Tripadvisor for a restaurant in Izmir, Turkey, and Gozlemecim was in the first place. We went there and not regret .. Very nice and special food and very nice people. All must try...

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank VitorRosao
“Amazing gozleme!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

The reviews don't lie - the gozleme here is truly something to die for. I had spinach, cheese, garlic and onion - the freshest, most delectable gozleme I had ever tasted (will have to scratch it from the menu at music festivals in the future - the comparison would just sadden me). But as a warning - the portion sizes are incredibly generous! I am still digesting hours later as I write this review. And my dream of also getting a dessert version quickly faded - so if you are a dessert fan, just splash out for one upfront unless you have a hollow stomach. Definitely worth the visit!

3 Thank annikalees
“Great, Lovely and Simple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Gozlemecim is a small store-restaurant at a narrow street, which is a bit hard to find. I went there after reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor and knowing that it was the #1 restaurant in Izmir, and I didn't regret it at all. The owner/chef is a very nice and hard-working person and I had a long conversation with him in English which is really a rare thing to have in Izmir because very few people there know English. As for the food itself, it's excellent. I had 2 Gozleme's, one Chicken based and another sweet based with Kunefe and Chocolat. I promised the owner that I'll give him a 5 stars here on Trip Advsior and here I am keeping my promise.

4 Thank George J
UK
“Wonderful fresh Gozleme”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Visited at lunchtime and was served lovely, fresh Gozleme cooked to perfection, it tasted great. The choice is amazing and you can order any combination of both sweet and savory fillings. We opted for a simple dishes of two fillings, my husband ordered sucuk (spicy sausage) and cheese which was just as good as the spinach and cheese dish I ordered. The owner is very friendly and speaks very good English and German as well as Turkish. I've just moved to Izmir and will certainly return for more. The restaurant is open 8am until 8pm 7 days a week so there must have been some confusion with a previous reviewer thinking it was closed at 7pm.

• Visited May 2014