“If you're looking for a good priced, clean, friendly place that does what it says on the tin, then this is the place !”
Review of Guzel Izmir Oteli

Guzel Izmir Oteli
Ranked #49 of 99 Izmir B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Me and my friend booked this hostel/hotel before hand as we were time restricted to just go to Izmir and look for a place and I have to say I don't regret anything. As a place just to put your head to rest on a backpacking trip this hostel is everything and more for the price you are paying.
Firstly the guy I spoke to and then met there is Orhan, who is a fluent english speaker who grew up in USA. Not only is he very helpful, but a wonderful person who becomes your friend. he will tell you all you need to know and how to do everything in that area for whatever price you are looking for. With trust worthy contacts and local know how this is a selling point not beaten by any one else. Rooms are clean, with clean bathrooms, nice lounge and reception area, walking distance to all places and close to the train station from which you can go direct to the airport ( 2nd stop from Basmane ) and to Selcuk and Ephesus.
What ever you are going for, I really recommend this place and if I ever were to go again I would definitely book here and love to see my friend Orhan again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jonson786
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with Guzel Izmir Hotel. We work hard to make all guests feel at home. Our number one priority is 100% guest satisfaction. Guzel Izmir Hotel is a clean, safe hotel, located in the city centre walking distance to all Izmir's attractions. We wish you and your loved one's a Happy New Years and hope to host you again next time you visit our wonderful city.

There are newer reviews for Guzel Izmir Oteli

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Staff were nice. Hot water, well I should say warm water only runs from 6.30pm till mid morning and they don't tell you when you check in that you need to run the shower & tap for a good 10-15mins before the water gets warm.
Bed was like a rock and so we're the pillows, I can handle a hard bed but the pillow made for a very restless nights sleep. Breakfast was good, the standard turkish breakfast plus some cornflakes. Buffet style. Heaps of restaurants outside and close to train station.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karinay
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very important to us. We are a budget hotel, with English speaking staff located in the city centre of Izmir. During all guest arrivals my reception staff will inform all guests that we currently have warm water in the hotel, but if you would like hot boiling water they have to wait until 6:30 p.m. and they will have boiling hot water till the next day 12:00 noon everyday due to us using natural heating system throughout the hotel. One of our greatest accomplishments at the begginning of this year was being able to buy all new beds and pillows for all of our rooms. I was glad you were able to enjoy our open buffet turkish breakfast. We would like to wish you and your close ones a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a week, even thought i arrived at 2am there was someone to welcome me. I took a taxi from the aiport as i didn't know, it was around 50 lira, but there is also a train going to basmane train station in the day which will cost you something like 4 lira,i don't remember, and then when you arrive you just need to go straight and the hotel is on the next street on the right.

About the hotel, the location is really good, as i said close to basmane train station and also close to kordon which is really a beautiful sea side. There is lots of restaurant around to eat anything you want and you can even ask the reception to order a meal for you. I did it once and had my meal in 5min, amazing! The room was good, enough place with a private bathroom and a double bed.

About the services, the breakfast served was good too, the traditional turkish breakfast, with jam on the side for those who don't like salty breakfast. The tea was a little bit too strong for me, so i recommend to mix it with some hot water. I didn't use the common area with the computers and the bar but it looked good. The wifi was good also, one connexion for each floor and i had access to it 10min after arrival.

Finally, the staff was great, most of them speaking english, and really helpful to give you indications about the things to see.

If i come back to izmir, i will definitely come back to this hotel!

Room Tip: My room was on the forth floor, which is the level of the breakfast area, so i recommend you to ask...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Julien C
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Dear Julien,

Guzel Izmir Hotel has been at your service since 1950. We try to go the extra mile to make all guests feel right at home. I am glad you were able to enjoy our open buffet breakfast,express room service and the convienance of being in the centre of Izmir. Thank you for being a guest and we would like to welcome you back in the near future to our beautiful city. Please have a safe and happy New Year's.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I was lost ın Izmir on a solo backpackiıng trıp and thıs Hotel took me for a very good price. Not only did they offer a good price for a nice place to stay with a great location in the middle of the city (walking distance from anywhere in Izmır), they helped me locate all the specıal places to go and answered any of all of my badgerıng questıons. Thıs place has a very good ınternet connectıon and an avaılıble computer to use 24 hours. The receptıon staff speaks great englısh and ıs also avaılıble 24 hours. I am so glad ı ran ınto thıs place. 5 stars.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Kyle B
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

I am so proud to hear your thoughts about Guzel Izmir Hotel. My staff is trying to their best. As we are part of Izmir's hospitality business we try to do the best we can to make our guests feel home.

Hope to host you again @ Guzel Izmir Hotel.

SinemKurtural

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed at the Guzel Izmir Oteli this September 2012 and had a great experience. It was a great little hotel at a very reasonable price. Close to the main station, the shopping bazzar and a 20 min walk to the lovely seafront. After having stayed in many budget hotels on my travels this surpassed my expectations. A lovely turkish breakfast buffet was available in the morning and there was also the surprise of small gym and relaxing area downstairs. The staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating and the free use of computer and internet was very useful. I was in izmir for a wedding and was pleased to be able to come in late and the night porter was friendly and helpful. The staff helped me with some turkish phrases and were polite and considerate during my stay. If you prefer to pay a very reasonable price for a good hotel then this place is great.
I loved it.
Many thanks

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank bobl15
Guzelizmirotel, Owner at Guzel Izmir Oteli, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Thank you so much for your nice thoughts and taking the time to write it. Your thoughts are very valubale for us. Hope to host you again @ Guzel Izmir Hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

Had trip to Izmir arranged for about 2 months and after looking at trip advisor decided this would be a good lower budget hotel. I arrived at Izmir airport at 10:30 at night and contacted the hotel manager to determine proper taxi fare. He explained that the taxi would cost about 45 lira, but that we could take the Havas bus for 10 lira each and we would be dropped off a 3 minute walk from the hotel. I was also told that we would have to take a different room as the hotel had sold out all of the double rooms with one bed. Against my better judgement we waited for the bus and finally left the airport after 11:30 and didnt arrive to the drop off point till after midnight. The dropoff area is wonderful, if you are staying at the major hotels....but the Guzel is not one of those. Luckily we had our IPhone to map the walk.....let me say a lot more than 20 minutes and through the heart of an area Lonely Planet suggests avoiding at night. Nothing like walking by sex shops and other "guzel" areas after midnight, luckily we travel with little luggage. Check in was easy, except no-english at the front desk, and was not friendly at all, even by Turkish standards. He expected to be tipped even though my wife and I carried our own bags to the room, which was probably one of the worst in both appearance and condition that we have stayed in throughout our many travels. There were two small single beds instead of the double which may sleeping together a cozy experience. When I asked if there was a room with a double bed available (as we had reserved) the manager mentioned that there was but it was accross from a nightclub that would be playing music loudly till 2 am. We decided to keep the same room......and could still hear the same music...thump, thump, thump. There was exposed electrical wiring in the bathroom, quite close to the shower, although this was not too much of a problem since the water pressure would never reach our back, let alone the wiring. Internet is available and my wife was able to use her IPhone via their net which was a positive since I could not connect with my computer. Apparently having a good firewall/virus protection prevented me from connecting. On the plus side, breakfast was good and the dining area was clean. The English speaking owner was helpful in trying to assist with my room and internet issues, but was unable to fix the problems. Tv in the room and the AC worked nicely. So just be advised, cheap price for this location, but you get what you pay for. Also, not related to the hotel but there is little if anything to experience in Izmir unless you are here for party/club scene. After seeing the Clocktower/bazaar and the Agora ruins there was nothing else to do. We were going to try to see the Kadifekale after walking to the Agora but a fine Turkish lady grabed my arm and told me not to go there because it was not safe for "walking tourists." I had read that this area was not safe at night in my Lonely Planet Turkey guide, but this was in the middle of the afternoon. Needless to say my wife and I heeded this sage woman's advice. It is so much easier/cheaper to just stay in Sulcuk, rent a car and see that this part of Turkey has to offer.....which is what we did.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PartyCRNA
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This unpretentious hotel is in a central location, within walking distance of major attractions and close to the train station for excursions to other cities. The rooms are small, but clean and the staff is helpful and friendly. Breakfast is adequate, if unexciting. I recommend it highly for basic comforts and very reasonable price.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GrammarCop747

Thank you very much. We hope to host you again @ Guzel Izmir Hotel.