“doubletree by hilton in izmir”

DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Izmir
tehran
“doubletree by hilton in izmir”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

we stayed in double tree for two days, it was a clean hotel with small room, the location of hotel is good, the only problem i think is about the restaurant when you are eating in the restaurant some guys watching you and it makes me upset they are visiting you all the time i don't know why? but it is really unpleasant, by the way the other things was perfect.
but I'll never come back to Izmir again i don't like there at all it was really dirty city you can see garbage all over the city and one night we went to Konak square and there was lots of homeless over there!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cookie719, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for choosing Double Tree by Hilton Izmir Alsancak. We are happy to have served you in the past, and we look forward to continuing to serve you in our hotel. We will deliver your problem to relevant department. Thus, we are able to minimize the impact of the issues on our valuable guests.
Elvan Çekirge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrrived late to the hotel. If you are driving Google directins or GPS highly recommended due to many no left turns, roundabouts, one ways around the hotel. Hotel has complimentay valet parking. Check-in from the doorman to the front desk was very smooth. -Cookies were provided- There was no HHonors upgrade but I think the hotel was full. The room was standart but new. AC worked great. There was no bathtub. Two problems happened: 1) Shower had only hot water. Something was wrong with the shower unit. It was fixed under 10 minutes
2) There was no roll aeay bed in our room, nor extra towels etc for my daughter. However this issue was also handled under 5 minutes.
Breakfast was superb. Panini / toasted sandwich station was my favorite. Breakfast staff, especially the waiters were excellent. They paid special attention to our small requests but the small differences make the big difference. special recommendation to the breakfast crew.
There is a very small but cool roof pool, next to a roof bar. Next to the pool, there are changing rooms and extra towels provided. Overall, it was an excellent stay

Room Tip: Rooms that have view of Izmir bay
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Cookie719, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Mr. Borwuk,

Thank you for your kind comments. We appriciate your loyalty. We would like to show our hospitability as soon as possible.

Tehran
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hotel has been renovated and improved.
Welcoming you by traditional cookies.Hotel itself is quit clean and modern with classic lobby and full city view at the high floors,good location and easy shopping access,but small rooms and not well trained staff,also nothing spacial and no entertainment.it's good for short stay

Room Tip: Top floor rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. Hamed,

Initially thank you for sharing of your overall experience about Double Tree by Hilton Izmir/Alsancak. Furthermore, we appriciate for your loyalty to our Hotel.Due to the fact that your satisfaction is our core value,we will submit an examination of your views to the relevant deparment in order to improve our service quality. For your next visit we hope that you will feel more comfortable and feel as in your home.

Gjovik Norway & Kansas USA
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel is located within a few hundred meters of the seaside promenade. The room we stayed in had a very large and comfortable bed. Several English TV channels. We had fresh fruit in our room and bottle of water on arrival. As we checked in, the staff at the hotel did not help us with our bags until it was realized our room wasn't ready and then the stored our bags for an hour. We asked for a map of the area and they had no maps. The bellman ran into the office and printed our a Google map of the immediate area. They had no tourist information. When we asked how to get to the Agora, we were told it was 20 kilometers away and we would need a taxi. Well, the Agora ruins were about 1.5 kilometers away and an easy walk. We asked about restaurants in the area and they told us they could only recommend their onsite restaurant. We had dirty towels in our room that looked used. Housekeeping did quickly replace them. We were on the top guest floor under the restaurant and due to dinner parties we had a lot of what sounded like chairs dragging across the floor until midnight. When we checked out no one helped us with our bags and we asked for a taxi and the reception staff told us to go outside and find one. I am a Hilton Honors member as is my husband and we cannot believe that this is a Hilton family hotel. The dirty towels and terrible customer service - with little local knowledge and without guest services like information, recommendations and even maps - well, I suggest that Hilton consider letting this hotel go. It simply does not live to the Hilton brand...even with a comfortable bed and a great view from our room. I would not stay here again as there were a lot of other options in the area in the same class of hotel. We stayed out of loyalty to a brand.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room under the restaurant/banquet/party rooms. It is very noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lonnie M
Cookie719, Satış Müdürü at DoubleTree by Hilton Izmir - Alsancak, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear lmykle,

Thank you choosing of Double Tree by Hilton. Initially, we would like to apologize for unconfience situation.As your satisfaciton is our core value, we will deal with the problems relevant deparments as soon as possible.

We would like see you in our Hilton family again.

Λαρισα
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Double Tree Hotel by Hilton in Izmir Turkey is an exhellent hotel for families. It is very well situated in the center of Izmir and within walking distance of most sights. It is clean and wellcared for. Room service is very good and breakfast and meals are exhellent. The personnel is very friendly and the hotel manager is really friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your valuable comment. We would like to see in our Hilton family again.

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 6 July 2014

CONS:
- Health club, 24/7
- rooftop swimming pool, is not big, but very pleasant and quiet.
- Shower water temperature, constante temperature
- Air conditioner in the bedroom, very efficient and silent
- Internet available, free and fair speed
- Location, just a short walk away to city center, the bazar, exhibition center and seaside, etc.
- Carpark available and free
- Restaurants and bars. Good quality food with a turkish touch. And the Rooftop bar is a very pleasant place to relax.
- Amenities available in the toilet
- Amenities in the room, despite the paid minibar, free water bottle available.
- Room size. I stayed on one of the biggest rooms on the floor,(check blueprint picture attached). So I can´t complain about the size of the room.
- Towels in the bathroom. I like big towels and the towels available, are not the biggest ever, but very decent size.
- Price value
- Breakfast is very reasonable with a wide sellection of cold and hot food.

PROS:
- The downside of my stay was the check-in. It was the coldest check-in I ever experienced. I asked for some information regarding the open hours of fitness center and swimming pool, and the information I got from the gentleman on the reception was totally wrong. I found that later. Also I didn´t get my welcome cookie as usual on Double Trees Hotels, and I saw other guest with that. And I´ma HHonors member, I wasn´t received as one, even after showed my member card.

TO BE IMPROVED:
- Tv channels available, not much english channels and the signal fails quite often.
- General cleanness. Reporting this can be tricky, I can´t say the hotel in general was not clean, but two small details forces me to put this as a improving issue. Both details were in my room, I fond when I enter to the room for the first time a little piece of plastic on the floor and a smashed bug close to the bed on the wall. The plastic piece disappear on the second day, the smashed bug stayed during all my stay (5 days) check pictures attached.
- During my stay at night Izmir were little windy. All night I could hear the whistling wind on the corridor and under the door of my room. I guess this can be improved.
- Staff don´t speak english very well. In fact some of them almost don´t speak. I had some situations where was difficult to communicate with the people of the restaurant and bar.

DO I WILL RETURN?
Yes, can happen!

TAXI COST FROM/TO AIRPORT:
- Between 50 and 60 Turkish liras, roughly 20€

EXTRA NOTE:
- All week the hotel hold some events, every night a different one. I understand the Hotel have to make money, but this can disturb the guests, such on car parks, is small with limited places to park cars, easily can be full with just a few persons from the events. Also the "traffic jam" on the elevators, despite the 3 elevators available, easily a guest can be waiting several minutes for a free elevator.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Henrique d
Dear Mr. Henrique ,

First of all, thank you for your kindly comment but also for the hotel explanations. We will cope with to be mentioned problems by informing relevant departments. We would like to see you in hilton family again.

melbourne
Reviewed 6 July 2014

After staying with the Hilton Group before, I was disappointed with this property, despite in being relatively new. Welcome on arrival was good, a nice warm cookie, rooms were small, and the low ceilings made it more so small.
Bed was comfortable, windows opened, which is great. Carpet was stained ad not much room for luggage.
Dinner and brekkie buffet was great but beverage service in the evening and morning was average.
We had a long day on the road, and we were tired. It would be beneficial to put them through a Peopleology style course.
Overall an ok hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Your comment is one of the most important aspect for our loyalty. We will deliver your complain to relevant departmants as soon as possible in order to gain your loyalty. Thus, for next time we ll be ready for your happiness.