Stayed there for one night only and booked the the honeymoon package (although it was NOT our honeymoon - just had a good offer!). There was a conference at the same time and the front desk seemed to be struggling with the amount of people they were dealing with.
We opted to get an upgrade but the room was not ready at the time we were checking in. Other than that, the service was efficient and we had an amazing time at the spa, the highlight of our stay. The hotel is also open to locals to use the amenities and services. And of course, only the affluent can afford that - they seem to have their nose up in the air for everyone else. They were outright rude to the staff at the Spa.
Overall, a very nice experience. Chilled at the Sky bar/restaurant at night with views over the marina. We had dinner and breakfast at their buffet restaurant (can't remember the name of the restaurant now) - a very good selection of food and drinks. Not all their staff speak English and we had a few struggles but nothing major. There is no parking at the hotel but valet staff are always on hand to park the vehicles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12.000 m² of landscaped gardens Swissotel Buyuk Efes, Izmir is a five-star deluxe hotel located in the heart of the city’s commercial hub and overlooking the spectacular Kordon Promenade, on Turkey’s Aegean Sea. Adnan Menderes International Airport is less than 10 miles (15 km) and 20 minutes away. Swissotel Buyuk Efes has 402 luxury rooms including 55 elegantly decorated suites At Swissotel Buyuk Efes the guests are presented an inspiring art collection from Fernando Botero to Turkey’s leading exponents of modern art throughout the hotel with more than 800 art masterpieces and a selection of traditional Turkish and contemporary cuisine in a variety of attractive restaurants & bar: Equinox, Cafe Swiss, Aquarium and Sky Bar. Equipped with the latest technology available Buyuk Efes Convention Center located in the hotel, is designed to host all kinds of meetings and conferences in an ideal setting. Over 5,500m², Purovel Spa&Sport provides the Alpine inspired solution to healthy living within a stylish and contemporary environment. Facilities include; 14 treatment rooms, a Presidential Wellness Suite for couple therapies, a hydrotherapy room, solarium, a relaxation lounge, Turkish Hammam, steam bath, sauna, jacuzzi, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, pilates studios, group fitness classes, personal training and a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Grand Efes Izmir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Grand Efes Izmir Hotel Izmir
- Swissotel Grand Efes Hotel Izmir