On a 16 day tour we stayed at some excellent hotels as well as some that had seen better days. This was one of the excellent one. Driving to the back of the hotel to unload , we noticed that there was Pasabahce store in the same block with the hotel. After checking in, my wife, sister, and I headed to the store. Their fine glass section is really great, in particular the creative pieces that they make themselves. We ended up with a number of pieces, including a beautiful paperweight for my nephe (who also was traveling with us) birthday. The Botera statue ouside of the hotel also was a surpries.
Later I walked to the harbor area--a very interesting place to watch people--you people talking intense sitting on benches, older men fishing and being supplied with snacks from the motor scoter, a person selling cotton candy and another roasted corn. That evening we had the best meal of the trip which included a cheese and tomatoe salad and a perfectly prepared salmon for the main course. There was also a strange event that affected about half of our group--at 2:45 and again at 4:45, all of the lights in our room magically came on, inlcuding those in the room of our guide. We never learned why.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12.000 m² of landscaped gardens Swissotel Buyuk Efes, Izmir is a five-star deluxe hotel located in the heart of the city’s commercial hub and overlooking the spectacular Kordon Promenade, on Turkey’s Aegean Sea. Adnan Menderes International Airport is less than 10 miles (15 km) and 20 minutes away. Swissotel Buyuk Efes has 402 luxury rooms including 55 elegantly decorated suites At Swissotel Buyuk Efes the guests are presented an inspiring art collection from Fernando Botero to Turkey’s leading exponents of modern art throughout the hotel with more than 800 art masterpieces and a selection of traditional Turkish and contemporary cuisine in a variety of attractive restaurants & bar: Equinox, Cafe Swiss, Aquarium and Sky Bar. Equipped with the latest technology available Buyuk Efes Convention Center located in the hotel, is designed to host all kinds of meetings and conferences in an ideal setting. Over 5,500m², Purovel Spa&Sport provides the Alpine inspired solution to healthy living within a stylish and contemporary environment. Facilities include; 14 treatment rooms, a Presidential Wellness Suite for couple therapies, a hydrotherapy room, solarium, a relaxation lounge, Turkish Hammam, steam bath, sauna, jacuzzi, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, pilates studios, group fitness classes, personal training and a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Swissotel Grand Efes Izmir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Grand Efes Izmir Hotel Izmir
- Swissotel Grand Efes Hotel Izmir