We stayed at the Swissotel while on a tour for one night. We arrived late, and as such the rooms assigned us were at the end of the adjacent wing. The room and beds were clean, the bathroom good, and everything worked well including the air conditioning. The one problem was finding the room; we had to ask for assistance from service staff who walked us to our room. We did not use the pool or spa but rather took the opportunity to leave the hotel for a bank machine and to walk along the foreshore. There are plenty of bank machines on one side street and a couple of nice coffee shops on the other side street, and its easy to cross the square out front to get to the water. Watch out for the beggar in the shadows; from us and others he must have done very well that night. We probably encouraged him to remain on sight. The walk to the right (north) was very enjoyable; lots of locals fishing, strolling, picnicking, and a few rolling in the grass (the irony of an Islamic but expressional sectarian society is something you don't expect from western media coverage). We walked back in front of the array of fish restaurants dominated by locals; left me wishing we had the option of not eating at the hotel as the food looked and smelled wonderful. There was one vendor selling stuffed mussels; these are stuffed with rice, spices and a mussel and when opened are liberally covered in fresh squeezed lemon juice. Well worth a taste. Dinner and breakfast were better than some of the hotels we stayed in, and notably more European in style.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12.000 m² of landscaped gardens Swissotel Buyuk Efes, Izmir is a five-star deluxe hotel located in the heart of the city’s commercial hub and overlooking the spectacular Kordon Promenade, on Turkey’s Aegean Sea. Adnan Menderes International Airport is less than 10 miles (15 km) and 20 minutes away. Swissotel Buyuk Efes has 402 luxury rooms including 55 elegantly decorated suites At Swissotel Buyuk Efes the guests are presented an inspiring art collection from Fernando Botero to Turkey’s leading exponents of modern art throughout the hotel with more than 800 art masterpieces and a selection of traditional Turkish and contemporary cuisine in a variety of attractive restaurants & bar: Equinox, Cafe Swiss, Aquarium and Sky Bar. Equipped with the latest technology available Buyuk Efes Convention Center located in the hotel, is designed to host all kinds of meetings and conferences in an ideal setting. Over 5,500m², Purovel Spa&Sport provides the Alpine inspired solution to healthy living within a stylish and contemporary environment. Facilities include; 14 treatment rooms, a Presidential Wellness Suite for couple therapies, a hydrotherapy room, solarium, a relaxation lounge, Turkish Hammam, steam bath, sauna, jacuzzi, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, pilates studios, group fitness classes, personal training and a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Fairmont Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Grand Efes Izmir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Grand Efes Izmir Hotel Izmir
- Swissotel Grand Efes Hotel Izmir