We had three days in Izmir combining relaxation with shopping. The hotel is in a good location and has its own car parking arrangements. Staff are friendly, speak English well, are attentive but not pushy and efficient.
We thought we were being extravagant in booking an Executive suite. However we now think this is best value, as it includes free access to their Executive Centre. This is a pleasant and comfortable room, with delicious and fresh snacks and refreshments all day and into the evening. There is a 'happy hour' from 6-8 in the evening. If you want to you can have something to eat at lunchtime, in the afternoon and evening without going out (useful in December) and at no cost. We particularly appreciated Baris' service.
Two comments on possible improvements. The main restaurant serves an excellent breakfast where you serve yourself. There is a good range of food set out at different counters and service points. But there is very little space to rest your plate while you choose something, eg cutting bread requires two hands.
In the bathroom there are plenty of products, including the tiny bars of soap that slip straight through the soap dish by the bath. Irritating!
Overall there has been a great deal of thought put into providing amenities and the quality of service is uniformly good. We shall return and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 12.000 m² of landscaped gardens Swissotel Buyuk Efes, Izmir is a five-star deluxe hotel located in the heart of the city’s commercial hub and overlooking the spectacular Kordon Promenade, on Turkey’s Aegean Sea. Adnan Menderes International Airport is less than 10 miles (15 km) and 20 minutes away. Swissotel Buyuk Efes has 402 luxury rooms including 55 elegantly decorated suites At Swissotel Buyuk Efes the guests are presented an inspiring art collection from Fernando Botero to Turkey’s leading exponents of modern art throughout the hotel with more than 800 art masterpieces and a selection of traditional Turkish and contemporary cuisine in a variety of attractive restaurants & bar: Equinox, Cafe Swiss, Aquarium and Sky Bar. Equipped with the latest technology available Buyuk Efes Convention Center located in the hotel, is designed to host all kinds of meetings and conferences in an ideal setting. Over 5,500m², Purovel Spa&Sport provides the Alpine inspired solution to healthy living within a stylish and contemporary environment. Facilities include; 14 treatment rooms, a Presidential Wellness Suite for couple therapies, a hydrotherapy room, solarium, a relaxation lounge, Turkish Hammam, steam bath, sauna, jacuzzi, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, pilates studios, group fitness classes, personal training and a tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Fairmont Hotels, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Swissotel Grand Efes Izmir reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Grand Efes Izmir Hotel Izmir
- Swissotel Grand Efes Hotel Izmir