“Nice!”

Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Konya
Anchorage, Alaska
“Nice!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Excellent hotel. I expected more like a regular place but Anemon totally has some unique features that i have never seen before. they even thought to sterilise and cover remote controls and phones stuff like that. It is very small touches but there talk some classy feelings. Buffet is so rich and especially Turkish style appetizers. I can recommend it for business travelers

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Clean and modern. It was a new hotel. Breakfast is satisfactory.
It is a little bit far from city center but it is easy to reach via minibuses. Price is good for that quality. Rooms are large enough and clean

• Stayed September 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Pretty good hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. There is a shopping center within 5 minutes walking distance. I couldn't use breakfast, but the room service was good. For business travellers a fine hitel in my opinion.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dueber
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed one night with our 4 month old. The room was a bit chilly (sometimes June can be rainy and cold in central Anatolia), and the ventilation had a central control which was set to cold as it is summer. So all we could do was to turn it off. So we asked for a portable heater or anything of that sort. After a while I was in the lobby so I asked the receptionist if there were any progress. He phoned somebody (I suppose whoever was looking for a heater), and said "What do you mean you can't find any? That's unacceptable, you WILL get one", and told me we will receive one soon. The answer I would expect from most hotels would be something like "sorry, can we get you a blanket instead". And this was 10pm - not the sort of hours they could go out and purchase a heater. Nevertheless, we received a good electric heater about half an hour later.

This was just the most prevalent example of the helpfulness of the staff. Another one: I asked about the check-out time. They said it is noon, but they will manage around us if we were 1-2 hours later than that, by telling the cleaning crew to clean our rooms last.

The breakfast was a very good open buffet, and the service around there was excellent too. There I asked for the olive oil the omelette-maker was using (because I was going to put it on the grill-pressed sandwich that I was making - what Turks call "tost", I guess derived from "toast") and he said butter would be better for that, and he ran to the buffet and brought me some before I could say anything. And this is a cook, not a waiter.

In the overall I had the impression that the staff were wanting to help, rather than merely being trained to help.

The rooms were spacey, the bathroom had separate inner cabins for the toilet and shower (so three people can be using the sink/mirror, the toilet, and the shower simultaneously without seeing each other, if necessary. The interesting interior decoration lets you to watch TV while brushing your teeth (I'll let you find out about that). The view could have been nice from out 10th floor window, but Konya's rooftops are surprisingly ugly.

The only downside is the location - If you have a car it is ok, but otherwise, it is 4-5 kilometers from the old city center where all the touristic sites are. Ah, one more thing: if you bring a car and decide to park in the underground parking, go in slowly, because the ramp goes in a bit steep and you can bump the bottom of your car.

Enjoy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Located just outside the hustle and bustle of Konya, but opposite a major shopping centre (with walk bridge to cross the road) is the Anemon, Konya. Looked plain from the outside, however, rooms were very large and included King Size bed plus leather lounge plus business desk. Lovely modern huge bathroom, separate toilet, separate shower. Heaps of cupboards, heaps of power outlets, lights etc. Great breakfast. If you need free wi fi in your room, advise staff at check in, it needs to be activated (they were a little slow activating).

Room Tip: Room away from the road - no traffic noise but the mosque is on that side and I did hear it once dur...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have never stayed at a place with such terrible staff! They were rude and not at all helpful. They didnt beleive we had a reservation and told us they were full. I had to speak to them in Turksih to get them to understand. They then literally threw the key at us, didnt tell us where our room or even the lifts were. At check out the staff were even worse and I had to ask for the manager to make a complaint!
The rooms however, were very comfortable and spacious and spotlessly clean. If it wasnt for the staff we would have had no hesitiation in staying again as the location was good and easy to locate, and just a 10 lira taxi ride to the centre.
Anemom need to have some custmer service training programme as we had a similar experience at another of their hotels the night before so I really can not recommend this chain. The service is definately not what you would expect from this level of hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank icmelerlovesannie

Travellers are raving about these Konya hotels

Istanbul
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I had a comfortable 2 night stay in this hotel. Staff was always polite and helpful. The location requires a short taxi drive rom the center however given the large comfortable rooms, and the peaceful relaxing lobby area, it's worth the drive. There is nothing much to see or buy outside the hotel. There is 20 min walk to Kipa shopping center on the other side of the road and Dedeman hotel is also closeby.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family