Anemon Konya
US$65
US$43
Rumi Hotel(Konya)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was spaciousbusiness tripsofasupermarketcitytl
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel was average. If I hadn't made notes, I probably would have forgotten it. There was some dust in the room and the bathroom had vertical blinds on either side of the mirror that was missing slats and while on the toilet you could look into the bedroom area. The bedroom had a large, unnecessary mirror on the wall (unless you want to watch yourself sleep). The dinner buffet had only one item that included meat (lots of veggies and carbs). The breakfast buffet had minimal hot food, but there was plenty of cereal, breads, fruits and yogurt to eat. Bar was located in the dining room and had two seats. It was very difficult to get anything to drink while eating dinner. There were no restaurants located near this hotel. It was adequate for a one night stay, but nothing special.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Carol D
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Excellent hotel. I expected more like a regular place but Anemon totally has some unique features that i have never seen before. they even thought to sterilise and cover remote controls and phones stuff like that. It is very small touches but there talk some classy feelings. Buffet is so rich and especially Turkish style appetizers. I can recommend it for business travelers

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Clean and modern. It was a new hotel. Breakfast is satisfactory.
It is a little bit far from city center but it is easy to reach via minibuses. Price is good for that quality. Rooms are large enough and clean

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Stayed here for one night. Pretty good hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. There is a shopping center within 5 minutes walking distance. I couldn't use breakfast, but the room service was good. For business travellers a fine hitel in my opinion.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dueber
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We stayed one night with our 4 month old. The room was a bit chilly (sometimes June can be rainy and cold in central Anatolia), and the ventilation had a central control which was set to cold as it is summer. So all we could do was to turn it off. So we asked for a portable heater or anything of that sort. After a while I was in the lobby so I asked the receptionist if there were any progress. He phoned somebody (I suppose whoever was looking for a heater), and said "What do you mean you can't find any? That's unacceptable, you WILL get one", and told me we will receive one soon. The answer I would expect from most hotels would be something like "sorry, can we get you a blanket instead". And this was 10pm - not the sort of hours they could go out and purchase a heater. Nevertheless, we received a good electric heater about half an hour later.

This was just the most prevalent example of the helpfulness of the staff. Another one: I asked about the check-out time. They said it is noon, but they will manage around us if we were 1-2 hours later than that, by telling the cleaning crew to clean our rooms last.

The breakfast was a very good open buffet, and the service around there was excellent too. There I asked for the olive oil the omelette-maker was using (because I was going to put it on the grill-pressed sandwich that I was making - what Turks call "tost", I guess derived from "toast") and he said butter would be better for that, and he ran to the buffet and brought me some before I could say anything. And this is a cook, not a waiter.

In the overall I had the impression that the staff were wanting to help, rather than merely being trained to help.

The rooms were spacey, the bathroom had separate inner cabins for the toilet and shower (so three people can be using the sink/mirror, the toilet, and the shower simultaneously without seeing each other, if necessary. The interesting interior decoration lets you to watch TV while brushing your teeth (I'll let you find out about that). The view could have been nice from out 10th floor window, but Konya's rooftops are surprisingly ugly.

The only downside is the location - If you have a car it is ok, but otherwise, it is 4-5 kilometers from the old city center where all the touristic sites are. Ah, one more thing: if you bring a car and decide to park in the underground parking, go in slowly, because the ramp goes in a bit steep and you can bump the bottom of your car.

Enjoy.