“need to be refubished”
Review of Otel Selcuk

Otel Selcuk
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Konya
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We have stayed in this hotel for one night only on the way from Antalya to Cappadokia. We din't go all over the whole hotel so we only can say that the room we been showed the first time was smelly of cigarettes, we have asked if they have non smoking room. They showed us another room which was better. The room was identical to the first one and had a brown carpet on the floor which didn't appear very hygienic. The corridors also had similar sort of carpet. The bed was comfy enough and the breakfast was surprisingly good. All in all if they strip off the carpets this hotel will have more appealing feel to it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Otel Selcuk

Reviewed 7 September 2013

I am a frequent customer for this Hotel since many years and l always liked to stay at this one due to followings:
Very central location
Very friendly and efficient staff
Modern and clean rooms at very reasonable price level
Extensive breakfast buffet
Very good restaurant at very affordable price

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I know that having 1 foot long birds in a 3 foot cage could be a difference in norms.... so not holding this against them... though it did sadden me each time I went through the lobby....

Worst hotel of our month in Istanbul. I excused myself (in Turkish) as I asked the desk clerks politely if they could change a 10TL bill and the guy actually snorted. He snorted out loud like a Saturday Night Live sketch! Then the other staff member rolled her eyes, then sort of opened a drawer and pretended to look through it and said, "no" and went back to her cell phone share with the 3rd staff member. That could all be a one-time thing... so moving on to the room.

Smelly beyond words with deodorizer. No soap bar-- only liquid dispenser that smelled like bug spray. Filthy, worn carpet. I have stepped this up to a 'poor' rating because the location is good-- in the center and near a park. Also, they had a big t.v. with lots of channels. Oh-- and they offered us a cool drink when we came in. (I assume because we were a group.) Those are the only positives I can think of.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kawh
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I has stayed at other Konya hotels in the past, so I can make comments in comparison to others.
I can say that Selcuk Hotel is fairly comfortable, has a great location and a staff that is very interested in helping and assisting the guests. They are formal, not that they don't care about guests, because it is the social norm in the city.
The breakfast is one of a kind, very high quality products and very rich spread, due to the fact that hotel owners also have a large farm and raise almost all products on own.
The safety hotel offers is a great asset. They have not changed staff for a long time and very reliable. I guess some service and housekeeping staff has been there for about 15 years.
Unfortunately, all hotels in Konya have a clientele that regularly smoke even in non smoking rooms, so not only this hotel, but all hotels have this problem.
Konya is a very cold city. In the winter, heating of all city is done by coal. Awful. This causes rooms to look dirty and warn out.
Therefore, rooms smelling smoke is an unfair comment for this and all other hotels of this city.
It is true that rooms and hotel is a bit tired and need renovation. I am told that hotel will be shut down and renovated from top to toe over the next winter.

Room Tip: Hotel is very accommodating of personal requests. I suggest you contact hotel for any matter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lale A
Reviewed 4 May 2013

This is the nastiest hotel that I have ever stayed in. It was filthy and wreaked of cigarette smoke which I thought was unusual for being in the most pious city of Turkey. I will admit that the breakfast was unusually good but everything else about the place was horrid.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 21 April 2013

There are many beautiful areas, but the rooms are old. AC/heat is modern. Rooms are big and the bed comfortable. Mold here and there and desk surfaces that are scratched. Our room on 3rd floor overlooked the street. Fortunately with the double glazed windows and our white noise machines we didn't hear much. Pleasant staff. Good internet and breakfast. Just average in our experience with three weeks of Turkish hotels. Good location. Bed was quite comfortable. Worth a stay.

Room Tip: It's a big city and I don't know that any room would be much of a view room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I told reception that I was sick and I asked a silence room. After for a while door knocked and room clark brought me some soup, it was a gift :) He told me that all hotel stuff were sorry for my sickness and hoped me to heal...

I felt better believe me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business