“Wonderful Eats at the Golf Course”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cider House Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Altamont
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The view is great, and the new patio offers more outside seating. Burgers, salads, sandwiches and dinner entrees are available all year round now. I have never been disappointed with my meal.

2  Thank Joanne C

Reviewed 13 October 2012

We enjoy the Cider House Restaurant for lunches with friends after the grueling game called "GOLF"! The staff is always friendly, no matter how busy they are. You can choose to sit out on an extended deck overlooking the Orchard Creek Golf Course or sit inside in the cheerful dining room. They offer a variety of dishes from wonderful salads, tasty soups, interesting sandwiches, or large entrees. We're never in a rush - just want to relax and go over some of the good strokes of the day and try to forget the frustrating ones.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

The other reviews are completly and wholly uncharacteristic of this restaurant, which my family and I frequent often. The food is always excellent and the menu offers a great variety. I have NEVER had a bad meal at the Cider House or a meal I had to send back - and if I did I doubt the manager would be rude. To the contrary, the manager (who I believe is part owner as well) is friendly, charasmatic, and hard working. He always strikes up a conversation with you at the end of the meal and makes sure to ask how everything was. The rest of his staff are friendly as well. I am a longtime resident of Altamont - Friday nights are the who's who of Altamont - everyone is there because they know the food is great and consistent and there is nothing better than having a meal on the beautiful patio with scenic views on a summer night. All around, this is a wonderful family restaurant with atasty menu. The ribs, the salads, the burgers, steak, and all of their specials - the menu has a bit of everything, and the flavor of every dish I have tried is great. The other reviews are just not characteristic of what this restaurant truly is - an Altamont gem- and so I felt compelled to share my views.

2  Thank AltamontReisden t
Reviewed 11 August 2011

been there a few times and quality of the food and level of service is always different. Ask for meat to be well done and it comes out rare.
Sending it back results in waiting a long time for the food to come back. Manager of restaurant has an attitude, the kitchen and staff are always right, paying customer is wrong.

3  Thank NYSTravellers