“Great place, location, food and staff!”

Yildirim Guest House
Ranked #19 of 128 Speciality Lodging in Fethiye
Melbourne, Australia
“Great place, location, food and staff!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Me and 4 friends stayed here for 3 nights! The owner greeted us out the front of hostel when he noticed the minibus pull up! Omar was great, very knowledgable about Fethiye and turkey in general, he even helped us hire a car for a good price!

The dorm was fine, beds comfy and bathrooms clean. Aircon in room which was nice as it was hot hot hot in Fethiye.

They offer a home cooked buffet dinner for 15tl most nights and the old is delicious! There are cold beers and water as well at normal shop prices. Buffet Turkish breakfasts was like every other Turkish breakfast.

Location was awesome, sor walk to main center with resturants, shops and pubs.

Wifi was ok, better if it could reach the breakfast area.

Would stay here again and therefore would recommend to others :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Bpwil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Me and my three friends booked this hostel because of all of the good reviews but were shocked at the customer service and management. In fact, the proprietors parting words to my friend were that she was a BAD PERSON if she intended to write a bad review. This was screamed to her with a finger in her face.

Positives: room was fine, nice breakfast, quick walk to town

Negatives:
-stayed in 4 person dorm which shared a bathroom with the whole hostel. It was the only “public” restroom available which made it difficult to find time to shower and there wasn't another option available to us in emergency bathroom situations because every other bathroom was physically inside a room.

-encountered the worst customer service of my life. While there were miss-communications on both ends, the fact that me and my friends were yelled at and treated passive aggressively for the duration of both of our stays was unacceptable.

-was charged twice for one night. Even though I thought this was the case and inquired about the specifics, I was met with passive aggressiveness and decided to trust the hostel worker. I later checked my bank statement and realized there was a mistake but to their credit I was refunded promptly.

Unfortunately, the customer service at this hostel tainted my trip because it was so bad. Even if I had paid the same price and had received 5 star accommodations, in my opinion, no deal is worth being subjected to the rudeness and verbal abuse that took place at this hostel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Macklind
Yildirim G, Owner at Yildirim Guest House, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
These guests returned to Yildirim after staying with us a week earlier! I think this indicates they must have liked it The day these guests arrivied we had 2 phone calls from different people asking about their reservation and had their reservation been cancelled. I asked them when they arrived what the phone calls were about and this seemed to upset them.
They said we had no right to question them about the calls There was some confusion about their deposit but as the review points out we promptly refunded when we realised our error. These guests made a big fuss and upset other guests who were having breakfast. They also threatened us with a bad review on Trip Advisor. They stayed in a 4 bed dorm which has one bathroom. The larger dorm (which sleeps 6) has its own bathroom.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Yildirim Guest House for two nights before getting my boat cruise to Olympos...
From the moment I arrived Ali made me feel very welcome, it was my birthday the day I arrived and after dinner he came out with a chocolate birthday cake and candles for me..such a lovely surprise!
Great location as it is right on the waterfront, dorm rooms were spacious and clean with a bathroom inside. Breakfast is included and there is a set dinner for 15 lira per person (ask Ali for his specail meatballs!)
They also gave me lots of information in local sites and helped me booked my boat cruise to Olympos..

I would definetly stay there again if I am ever back in Fethiye!

Thanks Ali!!

Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Julie S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The owner was very helpful and gave us lots of information about where to visit and how. We were in the dorm room which was very clean and comfortable but the shower was a bit temperamental. The breakfast was ok, nothing specal but the feel was very nice. It is slightly out of town but within walking distance.

Overall for what we paid we thought it was good value for money,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our stay here was ok.
They arranged a good boat trip from Oludeniz around the local bays which was really nice, there is air con and wifi which was good, but I think this hotel is definitely suited to the backpacker set, as a young couple it wasn't really our style and was the worst bathroom we've seen in Turkey as well as a really average breakfast and uncomfortable bed. Just beware if you're a family or a couple, this probably won't be your kind of place, but if you're 18-30 and backpacking with friends on a budget it would probably be ideal.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nzalex
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 July 2013

In May 2013 I visited Fethiye, Turkey and stayed in Yildirim Guesthouse. It is located in a good location opposite the marina. The room was spotless and comfortable. A small flat screen TV had cable access and to my surprise several hundred channels, including the BBC in English, and in many other languages. The breakfast buffet, included in the price, was one of the best and varied I saw during my travels in Turkey, which in addition to fresh fruits, eggs, cheese, tea, etc., included a variety of delicious jams such as quince jam.

Above all, Omer, the owner and manager, is extremely helpful. He helped me with reservation with my next hotel by calling on his cell phone. He arranged my bus trip for my next trip and a free pick up to the bus station. He is well educated and well-read in history and culture of his country.

He also arranges boat excursions to visit the surrounding areas. One word of caution to those who would like to take the boat trip from Oludeniz, near Fethiye. I had bad experience with the company. I was picked up by the owner of a ship who called himself Captain George who took me to Oludeniz to board his ship also called Captain George or Fundo2. I found him very rude. On the way to Oludeniz, he ignored me and my questions, because he was busy impressing a young female tourist who was also in the car. When we arrived in Oludeniz at 9:30 AM, I had to wait in the boat until 11:30 AM, because Captain George was gathering other tourists to board his ship. Throughout the trip, I found his conduct unprofessional and arrogant. He was busy dining and wining the female tourist mentioned above. Even though there was a "no smoking" sign in the ship, he did nor enforce it when some passengers smoked. Moreover, no one described the areas visited and there was no communication with the passengers whatsoever.

After the trip was over, he was supposed to drive me back to my hotel. However, he asked someone else who drove me half way and then put me on a local dolmush or shared taxi which went around picking up several passengers and finally dropped me off late at the hotel. I felt afraid because I did not know Turkish and was not familiar with the area.

Of course, none of this was the fault of Yildirim Guesthouse's manager, Omer, who apologized after he heard the story and said he will talk to Captain George. There are plenty of boat companies who are very professional and treat their passengers with courtesy. I found all Turkish people, with few exceptions, to be extremely polite, and eager to help during the entire time I was in Turkey. Apparently, Captain George was an anomaly and one of the exceptions. So, if you visit Fethiye, and want to explore Oludeniz and surrounding areas by boat, ask the name of the company and avoid the company mentioned above.

Overall, I found Yildirim an excellent guesthouse for the budget minded traveler and I recommend it highly. Daren G

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

It's extremely tough not giving this place 5 stars overall due to the impeccable service and extremely helpful staff. I stayed in a shared dorm for great value at around €12/night, but even still I felt like the facility could use some much needed work. The bathroom for the dorm was subpar though functional. They did what they could to keep it as clean as possible, but that didn't take away from the fact that it needs a facelift. The room was simple and spartan but very clean overall. I didn't see any of the private rooms so I have no comment on their quality. The big positive of staying here is how friendly everyone is who makes it run. Omer and his crew are always available to give advice, arrange bookings for you, do your laundry, or give aid in emergency. I really felt like had my own personal concierge whenever I needed something. Again, for this price, I really have nothing to complain about. Great value for money.

• Stayed July 2013