“Nice place, dorm could be better”

Yildirim Guest House
Ranked #20 of 129 Speciality Lodging in Fethiye
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Nice place, dorm could be better”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nice place to hang out. Evening home-cooked food is really nice and cheap. Always interaction with other people who are staying there, but it must be said that the dorm could be better. Not much space for your luggage and the shower/toilet definitely needs an upgrade.
Though, if i ever come back in Fethiye i will probably stay at Yilderim's again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
uk
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I'd booked the dorm room after reading the reviews, and this was the third dorm I'd stayed in within turkey. The dorm is very basic so ideal if staying for a few nights only. There were seven girls at one point in a dorm with 6 bunk beds and the conditions were difficult. The bunk beds are of a poor design as there is no room for luggage storage underneath, also it would be nice to be able to sit up in the lower bunks without banging your head.
I feel that the dorm earnings 60 euros a night (when checking out early- the commission was deducted from my refund) warrant slightly better conditions. Don't use the washing machine (I did by mistake and apologised - I'd seen another guest taking out washing) and was told I'd got no principles. The laundry for those who want to use it, is 10 mins down the road, walk down the souk with arena restaurant on your right and past cemetery bar, turn right at the end of the souk and then it is on the left side. Laundry costs 5TL less and comes back beautifully clean and folded. Omar knows a lot about Fethiye & what to see/do which is a bonus for those who want to explore.

Room Tip: use dorm room for a short stay 1-3 nights
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Guri, South Korea
Reviewed 11 September 2013

C1 ( 2013.08.18 )
This guest house was not satisfied to me in facility, but staff and service was excellent. They was very kind and always smile. The staff's explanation about Fethiye was helpful to me. I think there was no problem in many respect. Recommand. .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Liphook, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

3 friends and myself stayed here for 4 nights in September '13. We had a great time in Fethiye, and staying at Yildirim hostel was fantastic. Omar and Ali were very helpful with anything we needed. Great budget option with a great atmosphere...

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Me and 4 friends stayed here for 3 nights! The owner greeted us out the front of hostel when he noticed the minibus pull up! Omar was great, very knowledgable about Fethiye and turkey in general, he even helped us hire a car for a good price!

The dorm was fine, beds comfy and bathrooms clean. Aircon in room which was nice as it was hot hot hot in Fethiye.

They offer a home cooked buffet dinner for 15tl most nights and the old is delicious! There are cold beers and water as well at normal shop prices. Buffet Turkish breakfasts was like every other Turkish breakfast.

Location was awesome, sor walk to main center with resturants, shops and pubs.

Wifi was ok, better if it could reach the breakfast area.

Would stay here again and therefore would recommend to others :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Bpwil
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Me and my three friends booked this hostel because of all of the good reviews but were shocked at the customer service and management. In fact, the proprietors parting words to my friend were that she was a BAD PERSON if she intended to write a bad review. This was screamed to her with a finger in her face.

Positives: room was fine, nice breakfast, quick walk to town

Negatives:
-stayed in 4 person dorm which shared a bathroom with the whole hostel. It was the only “public” restroom available which made it difficult to find time to shower and there wasn't another option available to us in emergency bathroom situations because every other bathroom was physically inside a room.

-encountered the worst customer service of my life. While there were miss-communications on both ends, the fact that me and my friends were yelled at and treated passive aggressively for the duration of both of our stays was unacceptable.

-was charged twice for one night. Even though I thought this was the case and inquired about the specifics, I was met with passive aggressiveness and decided to trust the hostel worker. I later checked my bank statement and realized there was a mistake but to their credit I was refunded promptly.

Unfortunately, the customer service at this hostel tainted my trip because it was so bad. Even if I had paid the same price and had received 5 star accommodations, in my opinion, no deal is worth being subjected to the rudeness and verbal abuse that took place at this hostel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Macklind
Yildirim G, Owner at Yildirim Guest House, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
These guests returned to Yildirim after staying with us a week earlier! I think this indicates they must have liked it The day these guests arrivied we had 2 phone calls from different people asking about their reservation and had their reservation been cancelled. I asked them when they arrived what the phone calls were about and this seemed to upset them.
They said we had no right to question them about the calls There was some confusion about their deposit but as the review points out we promptly refunded when we realised our error. These guests made a big fuss and upset other guests who were having breakfast. They also threatened us with a bad review on Trip Advisor. They stayed in a 4 bed dorm which has one bathroom. The larger dorm (which sleeps 6) has its own bathroom.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Yildirim Guest House for two nights before getting my boat cruise to Olympos...
From the moment I arrived Ali made me feel very welcome, it was my birthday the day I arrived and after dinner he came out with a chocolate birthday cake and candles for me..such a lovely surprise!
Great location as it is right on the waterfront, dorm rooms were spacious and clean with a bathroom inside. Breakfast is included and there is a set dinner for 15 lira per person (ask Ali for his specail meatballs!)
They also gave me lots of information in local sites and helped me booked my boat cruise to Olympos..

I would definetly stay there again if I am ever back in Fethiye!

Thanks Ali!!