“Let down by Trip Advisor Reviews and this hotel”
Review of Ibrahim Bey Hotel

Ibrahim Bey Hotel
Ranked #23 of 97 Fethiye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I've been to Calis Beach every year for the last 15 years and usually stay at Hotel Mendos which is next door to Ibrahim Bey.

This year we booked our holiday very last minute and were disappointed that there was no availability at Hotel Mendos, however, familiar with the area we decided to book into the Ibrahim Bey hotel which is next door AND critically, achieved a 4.5/5 on Trip Advisor making it 'better' than Hotel Mendos and what should've been a safe bet....HOW WRONG WE WERE!!!

Ibrahim Bey is, at best, a 1* hotel and gives Turkey and this lovely traditional resort a bad name. The rooms are extremely dated, there were electric cables hanging out of the walls on the stairs, the bathroom is basically a bog standard wet room, the walls are paper thin so you can hear people doing their 'business', the bed was rock hard and the pillows, well, my Dutch boyfriend nailed it with his description of them being sandbags. Breakfast was dreadful. Again, without harping on about Mendos, we're used to having a great fresh buffet with plenty of options and pleasant surroundings....at Ibrahim Bey however you are presented with a pre-plated 'breakfast' which (having been left open to the elements for god knows how long) consisted of a few bits of cheese, a boiled egg, a few olives, 2 pieces of cucumber and tomato, stale bread and butter which has clearly been left out for far too long. The 'waiters' were dressed in sports clothing and looked like they'd turned up to help out. There was absolutely no attempt to bring an air of service or professionalism to this place.

To say we were disappointed is an understatement. I truly hope this review starts to bring the overall rating of this place down to something which it deserves. For all of you who rated it so highly - please try some of the other hotels in this resort, you could not fail to be impressed after visiting Ibrahim Bey.

One final thing....where have all of the reviews of this hotel gone Trip Advisor???? This hotel, along with Mendos and a few others we reviewed have got a suspiciously low number of ratings (30?) which does not make sense given that these places have been open for donkeys years.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sammysam100

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Wanted a hotel with access to the beach and found this pearl after reading about it on Tripadvisor. The most nicest and friendlies coulple is running it and they really did everything for you. You really feelt more as a guest in the house than as a customer!
It was cheep and the standard was basic but clean and proper. The restaurang in front of the beach had good prices, nice staff and a outstandning wiew over the beach and the spectactlar sunsets! If you is lucky to get a room on this side you can enjoy this from your balcony.
Most guests were englinsmen mittelage or elder, and it was a quet place also in the surrandings with shops, restaurangs,closed to busses and watertaxi taking you to Fethiye harbour.
We were told that a upgrading of hotelstandars was plant to next summer.
On the backside you can overlook the clear pool area from the breakfest terass with lots ot beatyful threes and flowers. There was always a free sunbed to find there. You can choose haltpension at the hotel, we didnt so I can say nothing about it.
We got so founded of this place that we already booked the same hotel next year in september!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zakris
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We have just returned from another fantastic holiday at the Ibrahim Bey Hotel.Nurdan,Yelstin,Ali & all the staff couldn't be more helpful & friendly.We have already booked for next year in a sea view room we love waking up to the sound of the sea and sitting on our balcony admiring the wonderful views.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2012

ive stayed here at ibrahim hotel and their restaurant is lovely 2 right beside the sea front of çaliş i would reccommend it if staying in çaliş ideal for children and young and older people the staff are brilliant :)

Room Tip: seaview front of hotel its quiet at the hotel at night time
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ekker
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I can't believe the ratings for this hotel. We've stayed for 4 nights, we did not have any issues, it was a pleasant stay, however I can't believe that people have rated this hotel so high. Now, the good point is the location. It is situated by the beach on the main hotel strip surrounded by other hotels and restaurants, a 5 minute walk to the water taxi, 2 minutes walk to the mini market, seconds away from the bars, restaurants and the beach. Even though the place is located right in the middle of the 'action', the place is not noisy. Another good part is that the minibus to Fethiye stops right at the back of the hotel. The hotel has as well a swimming pool, which is a bonus, however considering that it is seconds away from the beach I did not see the point to use the pool. There is wifi in the reception area, if you want it ask the receptionist and you'll get the password for free. So...good points for the location...but at the end of the day...all the hotels in Calis beach will get the same points for the location, there are all by the beach. Now, the bad points. The hotel is average at best. In the western world it will probably have 1 star at most. It is sufficient to sleep but that's pretty much it. The furniture and the paint on the wall are outdated, the floor is covered with a ugly and old fashion carpet which makes it even more difficult to clean the room considering that you're seconds away from the sand. The breakfast...well...what can I say...very limited, cheese, eggs, jam, tomatoes, cucumber, instant coffee and tea...that's pretty much it...and it did not look very fresh. The place seems popular amongst the Turkish tourists and they seemed pleased with the breakfast but I think their standards are very low. Also, the staff does not speak English or their English is very limited. When we've checked in we were not told where the breakfast area is and when this is served, we had to figure out this by ourselves. We've also noticed that the hotel was providing a buffet in the evening, possibly at lunch time as well and I have a feeling that we've paid for 'all inclusive' but we've only used the B&B. Considering the quality of the breakfast we were not bothered to ask if we can benefit of the 'all inclusive' but it would have been nice if they would have told us. The toilet was not the cleanest I've seen but it was ok at best...it did not have a shower cubicle, the shower was somewhere in the corner of the bathroom and every time we've used it we had a swimming pool in the bathroom. the electric sockets are very old fashioned and looked unsafe to use, some of the lights and the hair dryer did not work. The balcony is very small, you can barely fit 2 people in the balcony but still better than nothing, the TV has about 250 stations but only 2 in English language and believe me...it takes a while to identify 2 channels amongst the 250 channels. What I did not like the most is that the hotel does not have double glazing. Because it is located by the beach...you will have the pleasure to hear the waves all night. And believe me...the beach is quite windy/wavy...I like the sound of the sea...but this was way too loud. Every time I woke up in the middle of the night I was unable to go back to sleep because of the noise. The good part is that the view of the sun set and sun rise from the balcony is stunning. Anyway...if you're Turkish...you may find the hotel adequate...if you're not...think again, this place is just fine...nothing else. I come from a similar culture, my standards are not that high, but this was just too basic for me. I am surprised that this hotel is sold on some well known booking sites. This is why I have chosen this hotel, but I can't believe that well known booking sites are promoting this hotel. When I have tried to book over the internet the price was £30/night. I have contacted the hotel directly and I paid £20/night including the air conditioning. The staff was quite good to reply to my emails, they were also good to give me directions over the internet...but they were not that good on site...due to language barrier. Anyway...average place...don't know if I will use it again or not...I have a feeling that most of the hotels in that area are the same and probably this is the best you can get for this price.

Room Tip: If you don't like noise, book a room with street view, the waves are a bit too noisy. Top/room r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ThorUK
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Ibrahimbey hotel is a Lovely hotel, very friendly, great staff, excellent location, just back from a fantastic 2 week stay, booked already for next year. we have been coming here for a few years to this hotel and absolutely love the place.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We had never been to Fathiye before and were amazed. This hotel was perfect for us. It is located right on the beach(but also has a beautiful pool area), near all of the stores and restaurants. It has its own bar and restaurant right on the beach and the food is delicious. (Have the specialty pot!) The staff is amazing. They couldn't have been more helpfull! The small size of the hotel gives you the feeling you are staying with friends and by the time you have been there a few days, you will know that you are. We will miss Nurdan, her family and friends until we can return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony overlooking the beach
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family