Ceren Hotel
US$44
US$231
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbread cheesehalf boardspectacular sunsetbreakfast is typical turkishbeach hotelthe hotel staffbedding and towelsplenty of hot waternice poolrooms are cleanperfect locationlovely hotelsaladnext yearpromenadeleesmehmet
Reviewed 8 October 2010

First impression, the hotel had a lovely view of the beach but that`s where it stopped, we arrived at about 6pm on 23rd Sept, there was nobody to carry our bags up the 2 flights of stairs to get to reception so we had to carry them ourselves. We checked in and asked how much for a safe for the 2 wks, we were told £15 per week, very expensive but we had to have one so the four of us shared one, we were told air conditioning £4 per night, no thanks, then we were told mini fridge £15 per week, no thanks, and boy were we pleased that we didn`t have one because my friends one had all mould inside and on the door inside there was a big split and it stunk.
That night after travelling all day we decided to have an early night after dinner, not very early though, it was about 11.30pm by the time we got into our rooms, we couldn`t get to sleep for the loud head banging music from the bar which didn`t stop until about 3am, the bar didn`t belong to the hotel by the way, it was rented out to some lads who have been moved along from one place to another each year as they were playing all the head banging music till very late every evening, which made us laugh as the music has to be turned down at midnight. We got up and went down to breakfast, as soon as we sat down a Welsh lady came up to us and said welcome to the holiday from hell, we thought what a nice welcome, she also told us about the music every night and that she had gone down and complained to the night porter, she told us that they turned the music up even louder. That evening and the next couple we couldn`t get to sleep until late with the music, we complained to our rep Gavin who was very helpful and he had a word with the fella in the office and the music seemed more bearable after that, we had also told him that the hotel was very dirty and that there were hoses and broken sunbeds lying around which were health and safety issues as was the plastic grill around the pool area which was broken and I stepped on it and nearly hurt myself badly, but the piece de resistance was when we came down to breakfast one morning and was greeted with a lovely pile of sick under one of the breakfast tables from the night before, I think it was after somebody`s birthday the night before where everybody was screaming and laughing and singing happy birthday at about 2.30am but hey ho we didn`t have any loud music as well.
All the public areas were dirty and we decided to go down to the beach every day, and not stay round the hotel, even the pool had the chemicals put in early morning and not the evening.
My friend and her husbands room wasn`t cleaned the whole holiday, the cleaners did very little, but they knew that they would get away with it, fair play to them, even our room wasn`t cleaned hardly at all, I did some tests and the dirt was still there at the end of the fortnight, none of the floors looked like they had ever been washed and I don`t think that the sheets were changed as often as they had said they would be on Thomsons websight.
The day we came back 7/10/10 we wanted it in writing with the rep all the things that were wrong, as we said to him, yes it may only be a 2star but there is no excuse for filth. I have tried going on to the hotel on Thomsons website but whatever date I put in it keeps coming up these dates are not available right up to November next year, I hope Thomson have pulled it off as it will give them a bad reputation.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank holidaywrinkly
Reviewed 5 October 2010

A basic hotel with a wow factor location.We stayed with a group of 5 adults 2 children in Sept 2010.Just returned and if I had to sum up this hotel I would say without the wow factor of its location right on the front at Calis beach I probably would not recommend it to people who are used to attentive service and friendly staff.On arrival a rather glum manager handed us our key and promptly returned to his office leaving me and my nine year old daughter to carry up a large heavy suitcase up two flights of stairs.The bar staff were young and really semed only interested and attentive if you were a female in your twenties.
Breakfast was adequate and always plenty of fresh bread and coffee available.The rooms were cleaned daily with very friendly hard working staff who made up for the sullen bar staff and manager. Fabulous sea view from the balcony with the most amazing sunsets.The kids loved the pool which had a seperate tots area.Sun beds were in short supply on occasions.We opted for no air conditioning which was ok if you left the door open although ear plugs were a must with the bar music up to midnight and beyond. Air conditioning was at a charge of four pound a night and a charge for a safe and fridge the cost could soon add up.
In summary I would book this hotel if you want a good value hotel in a wow location good for families wanting a week in the sun that wont break the bank.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I have stayed at the Ceren before and was horrified by what I read on Tripadvisor after booking. However, with the exception of the 'club' it has not changed a great deal. It has a fabulous location, right on the beach and our rooms were certainly very clean. Our sheets were changed every other day and our towels every three days.There was only one night we were disturbed by the noise, but we were at the back.

The breakfast is typical Turkish buffet and consists of: Bread, brown or white, a toaster, feta cheese, yellow cheese, salami, boiled eggs, fresh tomatoes, cucumber, olives, cereal, yoghurt, strawberry and cherry jam and honey. There is also tea, coffee, milk and cherry juice and orange juice on alternate days (although these are longlife or powdered I think).

The room was clean, and the beds quite hard. They do charge extra for aircon, about £2 a night I think and for the safe, but for a seafront hotel I think it is excellent value for money. They do not play loud music by the pool during the day and I was really pleased to lie there in peace reading my book.

Overall I had a lovely time and I do not sweat the little things. A lot of people seemed to be fed up with things, but they were things that didn't bother me.
I think it is very much a case of is your glass half empty or half full. I am going to put a picture on when I get it downloaded. It is a picture from my balcony. If you see a scrubby yard then don't book this hotel. If you see stunning mountains and islands in a sparkling sea then it is probably worth booking.

Two more things - 1) we ate at the hotel restaurant once and would not recommend it. We liked Er Oz which was on the corner at the turn off for the water taxi and the Turkish Kitchen next to the Merhaba about 100 yds down from the hotel. 2) We paid for some trips with Seaview tours. I would avoid them. My grandson and his girlfriend, both 17 paid £30 of their own money for a trip. She fell ill and couldn't go and he refused to change it. He said that the boatman wouldn't change it but I know that wasn't true. So the children lost their money. He also wasted a whole morning of ours by not turning up on time and then taking us to the wrong place. Book with them at your peril, and be warned they also are involved with Focus tours. There are lots of companies to choose from so be careful.

Overall I love Turkey, Calis is a great little resort and well worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2010

nice clean hotel with adequate rooms and on the seafront. Pool was clean- thats the good bits.

Breakfast is meadocre and repetitive

On arrival you get stung for airconditioning and safety deposit as extra and these are not cheap!

It was not peaceful, particularly at night time as the hotel has leased off their bar to a third party. The bar staff seem to use both the pool for their own games and play load music until the early hours- loads of people complained, but you just get ignored- it seems the staff were having their own party and the management off the hotel seemed unable to curtail them!

Otherwise an enjoyable holiday.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2010

I have just come back from a stay in the Ceren and felt I owed it to future customers to write a review!
This hotel is situated in a great beach view location, however that is the ONLY plus point!
On arrival we were told there were no staff available to help us with our Luggage, up two flights of stairs, we were also told that we had to pay for Air con, Safe and Fridge, none of which were reasonably priced!
The rooms are very dated and bedding and Towels were very shabby and grey. The pictures on Thomson website and in brochure are definitely not a true representation of the rooms available!
Breakfast is between 8 and 10 am however most of the food is gone by 9am and is not replenished so get there early!!
The pool area is ok, but not cleaned regularly and the toilets are cleaned even less regularly!! On complaining to the rep we were told to speak to the manager who told us to complain to the Bar! This was a completely seperately run business and had nothing to do with the hotel, confirmed by the manager himself at a later date when we complained about the loud music at 2am in the morning when he said there was nothing he could do about it!
If you are staying with Thomson all I can say is don't rely on your rep for anything, he is useless!!!
Basically I would not recommend this hotel, it is very poor value for money and I would not stay here again, I am suprised that Thomson even put this in their Brochure at all!! In the words of the Turkish Manager of the pool bar "you are staying in the worst Hotel in Calis!!"
We have stayed on Calis on several occasions and have had fabulous holidays and can only say avoid this hotel and choose another!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends