“Absolutely fantastic holiday !! can't wait for the next one.”
Review of Poppy Apartments

Poppy Apartments
Ranked #42 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 7 August 2010

What can I say, another superb holiday at poppy. 17 days of heaven with all my family. Ages ranging from 7 to 78. Fantastic time was had by all & as per usual the service & staff were 2nd to none. Pool area was always spotless & cleaned on a daily basis. Towels & bed linen changed regularly, bins emptied on a daily basis. No problems with ants at all & if I had have done I would have gone out & bought some spray just as I would have done at home. No need to make a drama out of a few bugs. Had an absolute ball & met some wonderful people whilst there. All kids didn't want to go home as they had made some lovely friendships over the weeks. Nothing was ever a problem, you only had to ask & it was done. Rooms were spotless & everything needed was to hand. They organised private boat hire for us & minibuses to take us out for the day, which was very much appreciated & saved us a fortune along the way. Here I can relax & have what I call a holiday. I don't come here to cook but the facilities are there if you want them. There is always a cook on hand if you want to eat in & very nice it is too. Reasonably priced & in keeping with the rest of the eateries in calis. Turkish night was a fun filled occasion with a super b-b-q cooked by Cem. Stacks of wonderfully tender meat & tasty salads. Cheers to Gengiz & Murat for the bar service lol maybe you will be able to take it easy for a while now we have left. Yilmaz & Elif thank you so much for cooking & cleaning for us. Mel, Cem, Emre & Kaan we will see you guys next year & thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your hospitality & friendship. See you all soon.xx

2  Thank Sarah1066_10

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Poppy Apartments are located 5min walk from calis beach and thats my 5 min walk not a travel brochure.The owners Cem and Mel are brilliant and cant do enough to help their guests, as are all of their staff. Their children Emri (16) and Khan (10) are brilliant well mannered children, who made friends with all the guests and their children, the children while we were there all "hung out together" and got on superbly.
Our family had never considered Turkey for a holiday before but are really glad we found poppy's we hope to go back soon, something we rarely do. Normally we enjoy a place but think well we've been there lets go somewhere else this is not the case with poppy's. The staff make your holiday while your there, when we left all the staff and other guests came to wave us off at which point Kathryn my wife was a bit tearful and didn't want to come home. I know people say they don't want to go home its normal, but when we normally get to our last day of the holidays we just want to get back home particularly Kathryn in all the holidays we've had I have never seen her upset at leaving a place on holiday. What I think is so special about poppy's is that they make you feel like an extension of their family while not being to overbearing.
thanks to Cem,Melanie,Emri,Khan,Murak,Ghengis,Maz and Elif for making a brilliant holiday so special.
Ps to those who read this review this is the first Ive ever written and don't normally go in for review writing, I just felt that this place is excellent and wouldn't want people to miss out on it, also go to their bbq night and turkish nights but if you do don't eat lunch before you go as Cem cooks the food and I've never eaten so much at one sitting LOL "Grandad"

1  Thank shaunbaker5
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Whoever has the nerve to criticise this resort is off their rocker!
My friend and I stayed for one week in July and possibly had one of the best holidays known to man & beast!
My husband and I typically stay at AI 4-5* resorts and the Poppy Apartments has topped them all (excluding the Maldives but that would be near to impossible to compete).
This family run business is one of the most personable, accommodating resorts I have ever encountered and the rooms (considering I am particularly fussy on cleanliness) are gorgeous for a 2* resort!
The staff are wonderful, Mel and Cem the owners can't do enough for you and their kids are lovely and extremely comical. Morat the mercat and Genghis Khan are possibly the best suitcase carriers - come barmen we have ever come across and the Chef, OMG his fish, prawns and mussels are to die for! Although a tip; avoid the Vodka Redbull it makes you do strange things :) although maybe that’s just me!
Anyone looking to book this resort needs to go with an open mind and remember people who typically write these reviews write negative ones and with that in mind, and on principle; I feel it is necessary to sing the praises of everyone involved at the Poppy Apartments.
There is no doubt about it, my friend and I will certainly be returning next year and it’s highly probable for years to come!
Keep up the great work Poppy Apartments!
On and PS: If you want 5* quality book a 5* resort, I find it embarrassing what people expect for what they pay, that’s ultimately what gives us all a bad name!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends