“Good Value”
Review of Tugay Hotel

Tugay Hotel
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Had not visited this part of Turkey for many years, it certainly has grown during this time.
Stayed at The Tugay with 3 other friends. The owner (Illkey) was very hospitable and nothing was too much trouble. We only paid £9 a night for a room with breakfast, who can complain about that! Rooms were kept spotless. Many people return year after year and I can understand that, almost look going back for a reunion with family and friends. The dolmus is not that far away if you want a bit more action ie: Fethye or Hisaranou. Hope to return one day.

Room Tip: Room 110 is on the ground floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank denisepawsonbaker

Reviewed 27 May 2013

This was my first stay in Calis although have visited the beach many times before. It was within a reasonable walk of the beach and array of different restaurants and bars, but there wasn't much else. My daughter came with me and there wasn't enough going on for her. She doesn't like just lying on the beach all day so ended up staying some of the holiday in Hisaronu where we have stayed before. However the Tugay hotel was very clean and provided adequate accommodation. I travelled with two other friends too, and we all had separate rooms, which they grouped us together. The staff were friendly although there was some difficulty with them understanding English, but they were always willing to try, and with the help of pointing and laughing a lot we got there. The breakfast was the tradition Turkish affair of boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, cold meat, feta cheese, but there was also cornflakes and lovely cake. And you could have omelettes too. For a small extra charge, a main meal and homemade soup were cooked each day and all were well cooked and presented. We had fresh towels every day and the beds were changed every two days. Exceptional service I think. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for something quiet and relaxing. However if you fancied something a bit more lively, Fethiye is only a 2 Lira ride away, or you could go on the Council blue bus for 1 Lira!! The rate at the time of staying varied between 2.70 to 2.75 so it wouldn't break the bank if you went there everyday. Fethiye boasts a massive marina, a bazaar, lots of shops and restaurants. Try and visit the Fish Market where you choose and buy your fish and then you take it to one of the adjoining cafes where they cook it for you, accompanied by salad and bread for just 6 Lira each. Throw in a bottle of wine and it's still great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lynn E
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Within walking distance to Calis beach and there is also a bus stop not too far away where a dolmus could be caught to Olu Deniz, so you can visit the latter easily but not have to pay the higher hotel prices.

The staff at Tugay were really helpful e.g when giving directions, or helping me make a call when my shuttle bus was late in picking me up for the airport. Most of the staff speak good English.

Room was a decent size and i had my own balcony. Very clean. Only minor complaint was that i was a lone traveller and rather than give me a room with a double bed, they gave me a twin bed room. I didn't bother asking for a room change since it was not that important but they could have given that tiny bit of extra attention.

There are lots of places to eat all along Calis beach and you can book all sorts of day trips/activities at various stalls along the beachfront. You usually get a slightly better deal if you pay in GBP rather than Turkish Lira.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Tugay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank RedRose6865
Reviewed 31 January 2013

We are here for a week. The other reviews accurately reflect our experience. The rooms do not have bed side lights but that is the only thing and it is minor because we have a Kindle light anyway. The breakfast is Turkish and perfectly fine. Mixture of English and Turkish clientele which is nice. Pool is crystal clear. Everywhere is clean. Staff are lovely. Not all English speakers but then we don't speak Turkish so whose problem is that! Lol. Lots of sun beds. 5 min walk to the main bit of Calis Beach. Bar is a bit limited but when we wanted another bottle of rose wine the staff happily went to the nearby shop and got one. Great value if you just want a relaxing holiday and don't need 4 star luxury. We would absolutely return. Murat and Leila are lovely. Nothing too much trouble.

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank riggorz
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

For what you pay it is great. Basic but very clean and has got everything you need!! Pool is big and only minutes away from the beach and restaurants. :-) Would definitely stay there again.
We used this hotel to stay in as there wasn't enough room in a family members villa. This Hotel is next to many Villa complex so it's a nice area to stay too.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank mattrwoates
Reviewed 16 October 2012

This was the 4th time that we have stayed at The Tugay and once again it was absolutely excellent, real value for money, but more important is the immediately sense of relaxation that you get from Ilkay, his family and team, particularly Leila. The rooms are clean and cleaned daily to a high standard and the breakfast is good traditional Turkish fare. We love the olives that are part of the breakfast, which are grown in the gardens of the hotel and ended up with a huge pot to take home! Nothing is too much trouble and I would heartily recommend the Tugay to anyone satyng in Calis.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fran008Birmingham
Reviewed 17 September 2012

we arrived late at night and were met by Murat , not a lot of english but a very very nice man..expect to hand over your passport, but he brings it straight back. The place is very much a family run hotel...Ilkay and his wife and the parents are always visible, even tho Ilkay has another job piloting boats into Fethiye harbour, he is regularly seen at breakfast and is spotted spending time with his guests . Breakfasts are typical turkish fare, lunch and snacks available at reasonable prices. Please do try whats on the specials board you will not be disappointed. I was told on the first day that I could only purchase efes or soft drinks..This is not the case, if Ilkay knows what you drink he will get it in for you. Prices have gone up, but this is due to the turkish government and cannot be helped. The pool is a nice size, but I do think the music should be turned down or off, sometime it was loud. This hotel gets a lot of repeat customers and I can see why....at times I did feel like one of the young ones as repeat guests are older as calis is ideal for older people. Is this a bad thing no, as I had a good time. I met some very nice people...cannot forget Leila she works very hard , as does the cleaner.Had blooming good holiday..would I stay in this hotel again the smiley lady says yes. Only downside beds very clean but not the most comfy...

Room Tip: 209.....sun all day 210 pool view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple