“avoid this agency”

Hamish McTurk-Tours
Ranked #7 of 78 Tours in Fethiye
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

we booked paragliding here. The price was much expensive than other agency but i thought that quality will be guaranteed. but it was not.
Volkan, who was operator, said every thing is including and they offer "skywalkers paragliding".
But he changed the company to "gravity" without my agreement and just before our flytime.
we paid 240 per person and i know that fare of gravity is recently 200 per person.
so i told him about that but he said the fare of gravity is 280 per person.
either way i flew with gravity and i was the person who bought the most expensive ticket.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

We know about hamish from here ( tripadvisor) , they are very professional , well organized people especially their owner hamish he is very helpful , they come on time every time , we booked 4 trips with them ( 12 island , dalyan , salkekent , paragliding ) plus airport transfer also , their cars are great , I recommed this agency for everybody especially if it's your first time to fathiye , also their prices is good compared with other agencies .

1  Thank Safy T
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We booked 3 trips through Hamish McTurk.

We did a private tour to Tlos and the gorge which was a great day, the guide was Ahen and he was informative and made the day enjoyable. Whether you are a child or an older person this was a lovely day out. lunch at the trout farm was lovely too.

Our next trip was to Dalyan and Turtle Beach, we were last to be picked up and therefore when we boarded the bus our family was split, which isn't a problem for us, however due to some other passengers being larger and the seats not big enough, nor any other spare seats, we had quite an uncomfortable journey there. Our guide was Ahen again and he was very good. The mud baths, the boat and the beach as well as lunch was great. The bus coming home was equally as bad, once again we were split up and had to seat next to some very inconsiderate people, although not the company problem it could have been better organised in my opinion.

Our next tour was a private boat tour in Fethiye and again a wonderful day, the Captain and her daughter were marvellous, the food exceptional. The snorkelling, swimming and views simply amazing.

Overall good value for money, great tours and would highly recommend.

1  Thank Pwalker19
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Booked with Hamish online before leaving. Easy service and good communication as well as giving discounts for online bookings. We booked Olu Deniz boat trip, Fethiye market/ghost town and Dalyan. All 3 trips we really enjoyable days out. However it is noticeable the ones Hamish does himself and which ones he out sources. A first trip was the boat trip, run by a different company who's name I have sadly forgotten. The pick up did not arrive and we had to ring after half hour. When it did arrive the driver was clearly really cross. He piled us all on the mini bus, putting my two boys in the front and pulling out two plastic stools for me and my husband! Plastic stools on a moving minibus! He pulled away while I arranged myself on my stool and I turned round to discover my 8 year old had been placed on a cushion, not a seat, between the two the two front seats. This meant he had nothing behind him to prevent him falling backwards , no seat belt and nothing to prevent him going through the windscreen. So I spent the journey to Olu Deniz balanced on a stool holding on to him, between two from seats. A Turkish family clearly found it unacceptable and spent the journey shouting at the driver while gesturing at my son.

Once we got to the boat though the day got much better, although it soon became clear we were the only English people on board, which often meant we had to ask what was happening as information was only given in Turkish.

The other two trips, where Hamish was present, were much more organised and well run. Hamish is informative and make sure everyone has a good time, even 8 year olds who keep having nose bleeds!
Lunch was always good. His vehicles are clean and safe. When going to Dalyan He tries to make sure you get to the mudbaths first so they aren't crowded. The other tours were arriving as we left and the mud pool was heaving and looked quite unpleasant.

So yes, I would definitely recommend Hamish, just be slightly more wary on the trips he has to outsource, and maybe question who the other company are.

1  Thank notoftenenough
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Booked the dalyan trip after using Hamish for the saklikent and tlos trip and enjoying it so much the dalyan trip was excellent picked up from the hotel bang on time at 8.30am in ovacik at our hotel we had one more pick up in chalis which is on route . We arrived at dalyan at 10.00 am onto the river boat and off to the mudbaths arrived there first so it was not crowded at all then back for and excellent buffet lunch then off down river to the beach and to see the turtles. Our guide Ahen and the photographer were a credit to the company.We will be using Hamish next year many thanks Lisa and Stuart from the Pegasus Hotel Ovacik ..

1  Thank d7txy