The best thing about this hotel was its location. It was reasonably close to the harbour and main attractions in Fethiye.
The negatives are:
1. The fridge and toilet in the room we were given were not working / not able to be used.
2. We brought this to the attention of reception, who did not transfer us to another room until the next day. (We had to go down to the lobby to use that toilet until the next day, despite the hotel having plenty of available rooms for that evening.)
3. Breakfast was horrible.
4. The hairdryer provided was broken.
5. Towels provided were not clean.
6. Shower sprayed water over the floor of the bathroom.
7. Reception was rude when we brought the issues with our room to their attention.
8. Upon returning to the room one evening, we discovered housekeeping had broken a towel rack in the bathroom which was left on the ground for us (as guests) to report to reception to get it fixed.
My mistake was not reading the amusing reviews of this hotel before booking it. For example, this one on booking.com:
"The worst was the breakfast, it was not fresh and it was full of flies so we couldn't make a proper breakfast"
The breakfast was possibly the most inedible assortment of items I have ever encountered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Hotel is 2.5 miles from the sandy Calis Beach and a 20 minute drive from Blue Lagoon. Dalaman Airport is 34 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Turkey/Fethiye