“Can't wait to go back!!”
Review of Diana Suite Hotel

Diana Suite Hotel
Ranked #43 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Derby, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Stayed for 1 week with my husband for our honeymoon, we stayed in a roadside room that was completely silent and the room was spotless.
The food in the hotel was lovely and the staff very friendly.
The hotel is quiet and the location is great, easy access to all locations.
Julie, the receptionist, is fantastic, she organised trips and reservations for food for us.
Can't wait to return :) see you next year if not sooner x

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank EMMA B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Watton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Just returned from 11 nights at the Diana Suite, had an excellent time....great location, out of town but only a short Dolmus bus ride to Hisarano, Olu Deniz beach or Fethiye. Plenty of sun beds, great pool area, bar and restaurant. Staff very friendly, polite and helpful, although some speak very little English. Rooms very clean and serviced regularly. Can't wait to return next year!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sue P
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Why "such a shame"? This hotel has so much going for it, but we were let down in so many ways that I could only give this a 2-star rating. Quite a bit to say about the service, so bear with me...

SERVICE - terrible.
1: For the first two nights, the AC in our suite was faulty. The receptionist and assistant assured us that is was working okay, but that we were not using the RC properly. After another day and despite the receptionist and assistant insisting that the fault was still ours, I ended up refusing to allow my family and I to sleep in the room. After speaking to the hotel manager, who seemed to understand the problem and assured us that the matter would be resolved, we were given another room for the night where the AC was working. The next day, it was verified by engineers that the AC was, indeed, faulty and they repaired it. If the receptionist had listened to us in the first place, this issue could have been resolved a lot sooner.
2: After enquiring to see if the AC had been repaired (incidentally, we had to enquire as nobody bothered to tell us), we returned to our room to find the door unlocked and ajar. Anybody could have come in and taken anything.
3: Our 16 year-old daughter accompanied us and she took the fancy of one of the waiters. He became a nightly nuisance by waiting for us (her) to return to our rooms and then intercepting her, asking her to go for walks with her, etc.., despite her insistence that she just wanted to go back to our room with us. I did offer to my daughter to have a word with the waiter, but she asked me not to so I didn't - contrary to what I would have preferred.
4: On the day of our check-out, I asked to receptionist for our final bill and paid the outstanding amount. I verified that our bill was clear and there was nothing more to pay. On checking out, I was advised that I hadn't paid for the AC or safe. I can only suspect that the receptionist had pocketed what I had paid earlier, or had forgotten to log the fact that I had paid.
5: On going to reception for transfer back to the airport, the night porter was in the process of telling the Rep that we weren't at the hotel. Fortunately, I went to reception a little early otherwise the transport would have left without us.
6: Throughout our stay, we were billed for several small - but unexpected - drinks (unexpected, because we paid for our drinks at the time we ordered them). Indeed. even up to the point of leaving the hotel to go back to the airport, another couple of TL appeared for some water that we either had already paid for or didn't have.

VALUE - average. No more to say, really...

SLEEP QUALITY - average. I would have given this 4 stars if we weren't messed around with the AC issue. Mattresses were 'firm', to say the least.

CLEANLINESS - excellent. The pool areas, restaurant, bar, reception were very clean. Our rooms were cleaned frequently and new towels provided as frequently as needed.

LOCATION - depends on what you're looking for, and for us it was perfect: away from the hustle of Hisaronu, but a few seconds walk from the dolmus route. Wonderful views over Hisaronu to the front and mountains to the rear.

ROOMS - clean, but very little furniture in which to decant clothing etc. from suitcases (i.e. one single wardrobe space; very few drawer units).

Would we return? provided that:-
1 - the hotel staff learned to speak good English and believed what guests were telling them.
2 - the hotel staff were informed of their professional boundaries with guests
3 - the hotel billing system was improved
4 - the hotel rooms had more furniture
then we probably would. But, until then, no.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. Check your bills very carefully..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank GHMillhouse
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Okay so I was at the Diana Suite for 10 days, in July 2013... 12-22nd

THE HOTEL
We went when Ramadan was happening so the hotel was quiet. It was also off-peak towards the end of term. There were people staying at the hotel from all countries not just England. And although we didn't have the same language they were lovely people. The staff were okay, friendly and very flirtatious. At one point they took it too far but that was quickly sorted!
The food was brilliant, i was very Impressed! Although the ice-creams are a little pricey it was all a reasonable price. Breakfast was included with the stay and it didn't really matter because there was very little there. Some evenings we went up to the terrace bar with a nice bag of ruffles and a glass of fanta and sat with the bar tender, Ziggy who speaks very good English. He was by far the nicest one there he also has good music taste! Next to the bar is a pool table... Free as well!
The lovely cleaning ladies are very good at their job and always walk round with a smile. They even smile when you lock yourself out of your room and you need the spare key!

THE AREA
it cost about 15 lira to go to Hisaronu.... A lovely little village of shops and genuine fakes! They occasionally hold a market too! There are many places to eat as well, like the Suntrap. To take a taxi, It is about 30 lira to Fethiye and about 25 to Oludeniz, the taxi office is opposite the hotel. If you go to Oludeniz, you must go on the beach at the bottom, it's a mixture of soft sand and small pebbles. They also do water sports like banana boats, paragliding, and other sports. Paragliding is 100 lira or 2 people for 150, as scary as it looks is a must! The rest are about 30 lira! I can recommend, if you are wanting to go to these places to rent a jeep, as long as your over 21 and have a drivers licence you can rent one, its £30 for 3 days which is a bargain or getting you places, it's also brilliant fun!

THE ROOM (4 People)
We had a suite room, I wasn't overly amazed at the layout because you had one bedroom, where two slept and then the living room where one incredibly hard bed was pushed against the sofa and a sofa bed which took 20 minutes to set up. We were in room 205. After about 3 days our backs adjusted to what we were lying on and we started to have decent nights sleep but it gets very warm even with air-con on! The rooms were cleaned daily by the lovely cleaners and they ensured the hotel is kept spotless.

It was my first time to Turkey and I was very impressed, it's just a shame about the staff at the beginning of the holiday. If it wasn't for what they did I would give it 5

Room Tip: Always, when you check in, ask for air conditioning... Especially in the summer. You might not think...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank GemmaCeri
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

booked here as it is just round the corner from our appt which was having work done so very convenient.staff were polite and helpful. we had a roadside room which was very clean and quiet thanks to the double glazing.air con was £4 per day and safe£10 per week. everywhere was very clean.we were bed and breakfast but had a couple of lunchtime meals which were very good.turkish breakfast was very nice with a wide choice but same every day.drinks were reasonably priced and good variety.all in all a very good budget hotel .rooms cleaned every day to a high standard.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jaguaral
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Me and my husband was there in June on arrival a man came and took our cases from the coach we checked in and he gave us a room facing the road which I had expressed a pool view which I explained so he then took us to a room with a pool view very compact just a bed in a room but I must say very clean and rooms were cleaned every day. If your looking for a quiet holiday this is the place you can walk into hisinarou in about half hour or just catch the dolmas very convenient .On our stay we went to the blue lagoon which you have to pay to get in there really not worth the money as it is just pebbles no nice sand we also went on a boat trip the 6 islands they make it sound as if all dinner included but at the end of the trip they ask you to pay your bill we thought we had paid for dinner but they charged us for chips and also they give you bucks fuzz which we thought was complementary our bill was 45 lira rip off.the markets are great for bargains also Andes bar restraint had lovely food we went there 3 nights lovely food no matter what.Our only down fall was we asked to keep the room on as our flight was late the manager said yes at a cost of £20 they love English money even on the market so make sure you take Stirling with you any way the manager asked us to be out the room by 4 as he had booked it out very cheeky my opinion I wouldn't go back but everybody is different

Room Tip: The best rooms would be the suite rooms and they charge you £240 a week
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Louise C
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

This was our third visit to this area of turkey but our first visit to this hotel and what a great 2weeks we had! We stayed on a bnb basis in a standard room through cosmos I want to give an honest account about all the positives and negatives of this hotel.
The positive
Lovely room
Wifi in room
Plenty of sunbeds
Great breakfast Turkish style but something to suit everyone they do the best pancakes!
Maid service is brilliant and they are so polite!
Hair dryer in the bathroom
Location was brilliant 15 mins by bus from olu deniz 5mins from hisoranu and 10 mins from fethiye.
Lovely clean pool area and decking and bar.
The negatives
No fridge in room- you only get this if you upgrade to a suite
Aircon £4 per day
Safe £10 per day
No balcony - apparently this is common with cosmos bookings even though it stated we would get one we didn't.
The hotel have a dog that's kept locked up all day which as an animal lover I didn't like they will let you take him for a walk if you ask :) lovely dog

My tips for anyone going here is request a room facing the pool it's very quiet that side. Take a travel
Kettle. Pay as you go don't run up a bill and pay at the end there were a few people that mentioned that things had been added to there bill that they hadn't had.

All in all we had a great holiday and can't wait to come back :)

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank leanna c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Club Hotel Turkuaz Garden
#53 of 101 in Fethiye
Infinity Boutique Hotel
Infinity Boutique Hotel
#11 of 101 in Fethiye

Been to Diana Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!