“Very reasonable accommodation for this recession” 5 of 5 bubbles

Anna Aparthotel
Anna Aparthotel
Ranked #62 of 93 Fethiye B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Very reasonable accommodation for this recession”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

I have been coming to Anna apart hotel for over 10 years now and it has gradually become an excellent place to take my family. The new owners have been doing everything they can to listen to customer feedback, speak excellent English and funnily enough respect women that stay there. The chef is new and absolutely excellent. The rooms are pleasant and the air con works. It is 30 seconds away from both the bus stop into fethiye center and the supermarket. While being 5 minutes away from the Sunday pazar(market).

Security has been beefed up to ensure safety and every night during the winter we enjoy either getting involved in games night,community events or just minding our business sitting next to the fire.During the summer the pool is fantastic and the drink prices reasonable. If you run a tab, you will not be cheated or robbed, they want you to come back, so they clearly wanted to make me happy. The guests are not grubby and very friendly, it is a perfect balance of the young and wise. The place is clean which is very important to me, with your clothes being washed,ironed and folded the same day! If you are coming to Turkey and need a place to stay, for the long term or short term make it Annas bar and hotel. One last thing is that there is a nice play area for the kids, with slides, sand and some times camel rides. Also quirky statues in the garden that you may recognize from the Disney movies.One con I will say because no where is perfect is that the free gym is still not up to standard, then again most hotels don't even have one. Anyway thanks for reading I will be back next year, for now it's off to London for the daily grind. Minor note for some reason there are two Anna apart hotels, must be a system issue, so I have added the reviews to both.

Room Tip: Go for the apartments to save money during the winter. For the summer, make sure you give feedback a...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank PaulC381

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

I have been coming to Anna apart hotel for over 10 years now and it has gradually become an excellent place to take my family. The new owners have been doing everything they can to listen to customer feedback, speak excellent English and funnily enough respect women that stay there. I felt that my daughters were safe and women in general are not pestered here to extreme levels, unlike MANY of the other places we have been. The chef is new and absolutely excellent. The rooms are pleasant and the air con works. It is 30 seconds away from both the bus stop into fethiye center and the supermarket. While being 5 minutes away from the Sunday pazar(market).

Room Tip: If you want to stay during the winter I suggest asking the manager about the apartments, as they are...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank PaulC381
newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

this is basic but what do you want in turkey,the staff are turkish but try to help with any problems,a lot of turkish families stay here and even if you say one word in turkish they respect you,dont stay here if you want 5star accomodation,the garden is so quirky its brilliant! we will be going back and why would anyone want tv and wi fi on holiday!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kyearnshire
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

We have stayed at the Anna for the last 2 years and used the restaurant for 3 years.
The hospitality, service and food are fantastic, the chef is the best in Calis and we have eaten in many restaurants in Calis over the years. The value is great. Yes as the saying goes "you get what you pay for" Sezai, Bryon and Ali are the most friendly, caring and give the best service you can ask for while you are there. My husband was taken ill and was in hospital while we were there in September, and they were brilliant support and very caring. We were looked after and nothing was a problem they went out of there way to make sure we were ok. (the illness was nothing to do with being on holiday). It is a lovely place for a chill holiday. Nice walk to the town and beach. We will be back next year.

Steve and Chris
Newcastle, England

Room Tip: Rooms dont have any views but they are clean and linen is changed every couple of days Self cateri...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank christine b
Cumbria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

We arrived at 06.20 to find the hotel locked. At 07.10 someone arrived and showed us to a very dreary, very small room. The wardrobe was not deep enough to take the width of a coat hanger, so clothes had to be put in at an angle. 2 small cupboards, one of which was too high to reach and 2 bedside cabinets were the extent of the storage facilities. Towels were not changed regularly and on one occasion we were told we were only entitled to 1 large towel between us. The sheets were only changed once in two weeks. We were constantly disturbed at night by a dog barking.The hotel is situated right on the main road between Calis and Fethiye, so there was constant traffic noise.Our return transfer was for 03.00 on 05.10.10, but we were expected to be out of our room at12.00 on 04.10.10. I pointed out to the manager that we had only had the room for 13 nights, but he insisted that we pay an extra £10 to keep the room on. When we came to leave the front gates were locked and there was no one on duty. We had to negotiate through the garden to a side gate and up a side road with our cases to get to the pick up point. The only good points were the pleasant bar staff and the reasonably priced drinks.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ghsedge

Travellers are raving about these Fethiye hotels

Glasgow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks and found it to be very basic. The rooms were small, but had air con which wa chargeble (no prob). No TV or other facilities. The Wi fi was initially very quick but later into my stay the connection was non existent I'm positive they switched it off). On arrival the room was clean but the bed linen and towels were infrequently changed. Toilet/shower was dated and a bin provided for used toilet tissue was not emptied daily. Also the toilet was over run with ants when I arrived. Breakfast was ok but the tables were not cleaned after each guest and the reed table mats were clogged with old food/drinks. The young waiter/barman thought he was a funny man but was very forward and at times offensive. The pool is 1.45m at the shallow end so too deep for non swimmers and the children's pool was like a large bath. I was horrified to her an English guest shouting during the night that the hotel was a 'knocking shop' and that one of the staff was being more thasn friendly with one of the guests. As a woman staying here alone, it made me feel VERY uncomfortable. One night I arrived around midnight to find the gates locked and no one was around to let me in. I had not been told that there was a side entrance to I was rather upset. . The side entrance is not lit. The restaurant food is very nice and the drinks are reasonably priced. The bar is frequented by a lot of ex pats. The local dolmus stops at the door which is convenient and the reason for making this my choice. However overall, I would prefer to stay somewhere else like the Remer. I could not reccommend this hotel to anyone but would say that the price on the internet is CHEAP.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Liverpool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

As usual we read some reviews before getting to Anna hotel.
As usual we thought the only way to be sure is to just go.
We arrived late, and were shown to our room by the manager and his lovely little daughter.
Room was small and tired looking but clean.
Give it a go then we thought!
Bed was very comfortable and clean.
Maid changed towels each day, bedding every other day, and without being asked did our laundry too.
She was really nice.
When on holiday we don't really like to spend too much time at our hotel, we prefer to look around, which we did, but when we did spend time there we found the staff to be very friendly and welcoming, and very hard working!
Jimmy, Fatih, Chef and every member of staff were great!
We hardly felt hungry at all for the two weeks we stayed there, due to the heat I think, so we didn't eat very much either at the hotel or anywhere else. We had breakfast each day, which was lovely, and the few times we ate at Anna hotel the food was excellent!
Chef is very good, and always smiling.
The drinks are reasonably priced and the whole experience in the bar was great.
We have stayed at 5 star places in the past and not had the good service or nice staff as we had at Anna. I don't think you'd get it at a bigger hotel.
As for the small room, , we looked forward to getting back there in the end, after our days out in the heat.
The aircon is a must and works perfectly.
So to sum up, cheap and cheerful, all you need really but with the added bonus of great staff!
I just wish we'd spent a little more time with them in the bar.
We would stay here again, , if the same staff were there.
This season is their first. If it goes well for them I think they will spend a little money on the place.
If they do as good a job as they did during our stay Anna hotel will only get better.
Thanks guys.