“Words can't describe!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Shambala

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fethiye
The Shambala
Ranked #15 of 125 Speciality Lodging in Fethiye
Fairfax, California
“Words can't describe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Our trip to Shambala was truly an amazing experience. The views in Kabak are breathtaking and amongst one of the prettiest places I have ever been. The hotel is mainly comprised of small cabins, an eating area, a small pool and lots of lounging areas to take in the magnificent views. All perched over the Med with breathtaking sunrises and sunsets. Breakfast and dinner were served daily and was mainly vegetarian though there were some meat options. The staff was great and helped to arrange skiffs that took us to secluded beaches and awesome views of the coastline. There is an amazing grotto that you can swim in that is turquoise blue. It wasn't very expensive since there were other guests that wanted to do this too. It was a very friendly atmosphere, staff and guest alike. We got to know a lot of people and even visited one when we returned to Istanbul! There is not much to Kabak as a town and it was a trek to get to but well worth it. I hope to return one day!

Room Tip: There is a bar and store down on the beach, the one with the pool, that has cheaper items then at Sh...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Phishow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Kabak is paradise on earth. Shambala overlooks the valley and has a magnificent view. The service is expensive, but worth it. The staff is friendly. We stayed in two different rooms, and I can certainly say the room you stay in makes a difference in the experience you get. If possible, try to stay at one of the One series rooms - we stayed at One and it has an incredible view. Food is above average but not amazing.

Room Tip: one series room have great views, if possible try to stay at one of these.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Madrid, España
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Everything in there is too expensive. The rooms are not so good as they look in the pictures and be careful with the bar because at the end you may have an unpleasant surprise... the food was not good and the maximum luxury was when there was chicken (dont expect it every day). Dont expect yogurt everyday neither and never expect fish.
If you have trouble sleeping this is not the place because it's amazing how high they have the music at the bar, it is really noisy until very late. Furthermore make sure that your room has air condition, if not mosquitoes will eat you alive.
The beach is beautiful but if you want to go to Kabak I would rather recommend you to try the SEA VALLEY camping, it is by the beach and it looks much better
Good luck

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Petronilas
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I left my passport here by accident whilst traveling around Turkey. I was sent an email that day telling me I had left my passport. When I contacted the guys at Shambala we arranged for one of them to get a bus the next day to Fetiyhe to take my passport to the bus station so it could be delivered to Marmaris on a bus. They did not ask me to pay for the bus or their time-even though this would have been around a 2 hr round trip so put someone out a great deal.

The place is incredible and looks exactly like the pictures. the food is beautiful, the cocktails are outstanding and the staff are great. The next time I am in Turkey I will be back :))

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Kabak is a magical place. I have travelled all across Turkey (over 4 lengthy stays), and it is by far my favourite Turkish destination. I love everything about the place: the ancient pine trees, the sage and oregano bushes, drying in the sun, the quiet beach, the dramatic mountain setting, the easy-going, Turkish bohemian vibe. Back in May, there were very few tourists, which made the trip even more successful for us (we like a laid-back atmosphere.) As for Shambala, I feel it is -the- place to stay in Kabak. It is a lovely walk away from the beach, and offers a unique vantage point onto the valley and sea below. What marvellous views! The staff itself was friendly and attentive (shout-out to our mate Andy!) and unafraid to be themselves, a plus in my book. Special mention must be made of the food, which is stellar. Everything is fresh and locally sourced and the chef's daily soups were all out of this world. If you need red meat at every meal you might find Shambala's dinner menu a bit light, but the delicious vegetarians options are a lovely invitation to broaden your culinary horizons. We will definitely be back to Shambala. We already miss it.

Room Tip: For the price, R3 is an excellent choice. The patio section offers a truly splendid view.
Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed one week in shambala. What a great experience! Amazing place with the best see view and mountains view. Bungalows, gardens,bar & restaurant are so nice and well decorated.
Staff is so friendly and always ready to give hand.
Food is very good and there is lots of differents meals everyday! Thank you chief for these tastefull buffets.
I'll come back next year for sure.
Thank you so much, you, shambala people!

• Stayed June 2013
Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

I really can not understand anyone giving this place a negative review. Me and my wife have just spent two of the best days of our lives there. We stayed in two different tree houses, and of course its not five star luxury but that is more than compensated by the character of the houses and overall experience of staying in one. Also the bed was lovely and comfy. The staff were great and the food delicious. I have read some reviewers saying that the prices are unreasonable for drinks etc. but I found they compared reasonably with other hotels. Every direction you look in in this pace there is something of beauty to see the overall atmosphere is one of calm and tranquillity. We both have very stressful jobs at home and this place was a great cure for both of us and we can both keep a piece of it in our hearts. Thank you everyone at the Shambala for a lovey two days.

Room Tip: If you want a tree house choose the Namaste. if you want more luxury and windows with glass in choos...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Yacht Classic Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,376 reviews
Lissiya Hotel
Lissiya Hotel
#5 of 125 in Fethiye

Been to The Shambala? Share your experiences!