Vanilla Hotel
  • Restaurant
Harman Hotel(Fethiye)
Kayi Hotel(Fethiye)
View Hotel
All reviewscalis beachmain mealsmall hotelsaladolivesmosquitoestl
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed for a week from 3/6 and arrived at Vanilla Hotel. For us it was a gem, a bit haphazard, but Ali and Nalan (boss lady ) added to the charm. I appreciate that some people want modern, big hotels but we don't. If you want a carefree relaxing hotel then Vanilla offers it. Not most people's choice , it is quiet, beds comfy , Ali runs around like Manuel re Fawlty Towers but very hardworking, English speaking and adds to charm. We loved it. Good swimming pool, surrounded by gardens, and position at outer edge of Calis promenade. Worth a stay, probably suit carefree holiday makers. Dolmus direct stop few strides from Vanilla. Will return with no hesitations

Room Tip: Owners been there 4years and extended upward. Floor level 3 new area, do not expect big showers but beds very comfy, and showers and hair dryer good, cleaners change bed and towels every two days , great for us
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valueformoney
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Vanilla Hotel is basic but very clean and great value for money. I stayed for four nights with half board, and both the breakfast and dinner buffets were delicious. Typical Turkish food, which I love, but if you are looking for more tailored diets then you probably need to pay more to expect this. The restaurant area is in a lovely garden and poolside setting, with plenty of choice as to whether you want to sit in the sun or shade.

I had a double room with a good sized bathroom. Unlike other recent reviews, I had a good number of hangers in a double wardrobe and my room was cleaned daily. Wifi very good.

The staff are very friendly and the service very good. It was my birthday whilst I was staying here, which they noted from my passport and very sweetly presented me with a birthday cake that night at dinner.

The hotel is situated on a quiet road but on,y two minutes walk to the beach front where the main stretch of restaurants and bars is situated. It is also only about a 10 - 15 minute walk along the seafront to the water taxis that take you across to Fethiye centre. A really lovely way to travel if you are not in a rush.

I would definitely stay here again if visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Not entirely what we expected looking at the photos. With mixed reviews it was disappointing. Man and lady both pleasant ..laid back. This could be a very nice place should there be improvements. Clean beds and sheets I will say but the rooms only cleaned once every few days and we had to ask for toliet paper..cupboard was far too small barely for 1person and this room had 3 beds. We had to get more coat hangers as we had just 2 btwn 2 of us. The floors get very dusty and dirty hence the need to be swept and washed everyday,my suitcase was filthy after. Evening we arrived barely any hot water. Other issues with dirty old furniture and bathroom door. Have a feeling it was also a tad early in season for them being too worried about much. If your looking for cheap then its for you..it is basic but could improve so much as they have the facility! Few mins literally cross rd to beach..we ate breakfast out.. we had noticed a few un hygenic issues at prior to this desicion. We had emailed and communicated about strict gluten free diet but they were unsure despite agreeing this on booking..plus said there was English lady but there was not. Fair, get what you pay for but a base that was all was needed. Friendly people as I said.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Lindsey L
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We booked in here because we had to leave Delta Hotel at 11am and out flight was not until 2am the next morning, so we were looking for a cheap place to use for the day to relax with a pool.

This place was a great find, it was £19.00 per night. The pool and pool area was so relaxing, the owner was so friendly and helpful. The shower was massive in the room. It is right at the end of Calis beach, so the area is very quiet compared to where we were at the Delta Hotel, which we liked, it was a 5 min walk to the beach. The WIFI was great and for what we paid, we could not ask for more.

The rooms were not modern, but we can't complain as you get what you pay for. We would stay here again if we returned to Calis Beach. Highly recommeded

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Great location one block back from Calis Beach.  Lovely grounds with an outdoor eating area and pool.  Good breakfast with plenty of choice. Dolmus transport available to city at TL2 pp.  Bars and restaurants close by.  Management very helpful. Wifi works well.
Dislikes None