“Superseded all expectations we had of Turkey”
Review of Kaan Hotel

Kaan Hotel
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have just returned on 26th June 2014 from a 10 day holiday at Calis Beach.....we stayed at Kaan Hotel and I have to say it was superb....Mr Kaan and his family where great, nothing was to much trouble....I personally was a bit dubious about going to Turkey having been to Spain so much, but I have to say it`s the Kaan Hotel for us the next time we go to Turkey....the maids came in every day....the rooms are basic but they are very clean... breakfast was eggs boiled/ scrambled or fried with loads of cheese/tomatoes, you get the idea, tea/ coffee...more than enough....late drinks around the pool can be a bit noisy for people stopping on the pool side front...great location for all amenities...I have to say for the price it`s a great find for us we will be back...Dave and Ann Stanley from Swaffham Norfolk

Room Tip: Rooms are all good
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank andastanley

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just returned with our friends from the Kaan Hotel.What a great place.Room,pool area,grounds and restaurant all spotlessly clean a credit to the Kaan family and all the people who work there.We had our inclusive breakfast and bought lunch in the hotel every day which was excellent.
Overall we had a great stay and are looking to book again in September and again next year
Steve Brenda Dave and Ann

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank rascalharry
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

An absolute gem of a place. The hotel is spotless due to a small crew of hard working girls that really do the job properly. Ali and Sammy are a credit to the hotel as is also Mr Kaan the owner. Nothing is too much trouble for these guys. 5 Star service. You will not be disappointed

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank 0z666
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just returned from Kaan Hotel and we had a lovely stay. The family are extremely helpful and will do everything they can to make your stay a good one. When we arrived I had to go to a pharmacy no way would they let me go myself I was taken there and brought back by the hotel. The only negative things were the beds were really hard but that is a personal thing and I missed not having any facilities to make a drink or having a fridge. As we went bed and breakfast I suppose this is the norm. The cleaners worked extremely hard and cleaned our room every day. It could get quite noisy at night around the bar and it seemed to echo no matter which room you were in. The walk into the town centre was about 15-20 minutes but if you wanted to use the dolmus it took about 2 minutes to walk to the top road to get on it and it was only 2tl per person.

All in all we had a lovely stay and would definitely return
All in all we had a lovely stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sharon b
Reviewed 3 June 2014

we were at kaan last September and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves we have stayed in the area many times in the past Ola Deniz etc, and gave Calis a go, loved it so much so that we booked for this year while we were there,, we arrived on 3rd of may for 2 weeks and again we were thoroughly enjoying the peace and quiet and the lovely pool area of this great little hotel,it rained a couple of days and there was no hot water, big deal,nothing you can do about the weather its solar panels, anyway its warm rain and I took a luke warm shower, start of our second week a few younger guests arrived, and started drinking at breakfast and within a couple of hours the peace and quiet was shattered, they got drunk smashed glasses around the pool area, were swearing, flashing and generally made fools of themselves, and at night slammed doors and made a bit of a racket, everything thats bad about the Brits abroad wrapped up in one little package, it was annoying, i did complain to Kaan who reported it to the holiday company rep who in turn had a word with them, after that it calmed down a bit, but i feel Kaan should have done a bit more and nipped it in the bud immediately, I go here to relax and enjoy what really is a great little hotel with absolutely brilliant staff a beautiful pool area and spotlessly clean rooms and very friendly guests who like ourselves will keep coming back, its not the Ritz but it doesn't have to be, its great as it is, Calis itself has just enough bars and restaurants and thankfully not a lot of shops to get dragged around , its not Marmaris or Benidorm and I hope it doesn't turn into it, So if you want to go nuts please go somewhere else,
I'm going back in September

Room Tip: rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Well what a hotel, a family run hotel where you really do get to relax. The rooms are spotless and with plenty of hot water.The majority of the guests that we spoke to were regulars and have been coming here for 10 years, and we can see why.this hotel has a more personal touch than any 4star hotel.prices of food and drink are similar to those in the town.The swimming pool was very inviting and again spotlessly clean.We sat and had a chat with both Mr Kaan senior and junior and they would tell us places of interest and how to get there using local transport. the Hotel Kaan is a gem, but we do have one frustration. We have tried booking another week between June and September and there is no availability, but we will keep trying..The Kaan hotel is fantastic.. Thanks to Mr Kaan and all his staff.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank gymnadt
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I do often read with disdain about people who write negative reviews of this place for reasons that I consider quite ridiculous. Nearly everywhere in a sunny climate uses solar power to heat hot water, it's a known fact that if it's cloudy then the water won't be as hot.

I've stayed at the Kaan before when it's rained for a couple of days and while the water might not have been red hot, it's certainly been warm enough to shower with, you don't need a red hot shower in that climate anyway.

As for some gobbo coming back to the hotel in the early hours and being noisy then how is that the hotels fault?? I've stayed in 4 star hotels where that has happened.

Anyway, I stayed at the hotel at the same time as this chap and didn't notice it, I also stayed at the front of the hotel and didn't find the bar noise a problem, maybe if someone is such a light sleeper then maybe they should pack earplugs.

The fact that at least in my guestimate 80% of this hotel's trade is repeat visits should tell you something about the place, you will not stay anywhere friendlier for the price.

It would hardly be number 6 in the trip advisor list of Fethiye hotels if it was that bad would it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends