“Fabulous”

Ranked #2 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is my 5th time and I can not fault it. I went with my mum and we loved every single bit of it apart from the unpredictable weather! However the bar staff were our first port of call when the rain came and they certainly know how to make a good cocktail! There is something for everyone from the kids club to the beer festivals at night, I will definitely be going again next year!!

Room Tip: Block 300 has amazing views and is where I have been each year! A great spot for adults or couples l...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lovely staff, lovely resort, food great! Entertainment at night kept kids busy and if you stay more than 7 nights kids tend to be be part of a one night show.... Make sure you take part in days activities, they are all free: archery, bocca (think wrong spelling- french bowling on the sand, water aerobics,tennis, gym.....endless will visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

What an absolutely amazing place!

Pros

Delicious food, immaculately clean, friendly staff, comfy beds and sun loungers, idyllic setting, amazing sunsets, fabulous kids clubs, safe and secure resort.

Amazing entertainment, beach and pool parties, reasonable priced drinks- we all drank as much as we liked, children had lots of ice cream and total bill for 11 days was £250. Movie on the beach at night, clean blankets if you are cold watching the entertainment. Cold towels brought to you whilst sunbathing, staff clean your sunglasses.
Cons
No bath in bedroom, shingle beach ( but still lovely),- that is all!!!!

Go, you won't regret it !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jowest73
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just got back from the most amazing week at hillside (7-14 May). What a great hotel with truly amazing staff.
Myself, my husband and 2 children (1 and 3) travelled along with my husband’s parents.
We stayed in rooms 584 (Category A) and 595 which was a family room (Category B) and had great views. The only problem with our room was the second bedroom was across the balcony and our kids are way too young to be that far away so we all ended up in the main bedroom which luckily had a huge bed. Be aware there are a lot of steep steps and there are only 2 lifts in the resort. This wasn’t a problem for us as we had grandparents on hand to help lift the buggy up the stairs but if you are travelling with young children or have walking difficulties I highly recommend requesting a room in the same block as one of the lifts or on the ground level. You can’t avoid stairs altogether in this resort but this will make your life somewhat easier. We plan to go again next year and will happily sacrifice a room with a view for a more convenient position.

The kids club (kidside) is ah-mazing! I can honestly say it was as good as the nursery I pay a hefty fee for in the UK. The staff all spoke good English and were so great with the kids. As both our kids were under 4 we didn’t leave them in the club but we spent hours at a time in there with them playing in the pools, slides, sand playground and doing crafts. The staff were wonderful, always smiling and so passionate about everything they did with the kids. They had at least 3 life guards watching over the pools and slides and they provided free nappies, swim nappies, sun block, arm bands and floating aids. They also provided drinks, snacks and ice creams and took the children to the main restaurant at lunch time.

The food was of a very high standard and we didn’t get bored or dislike anything that we tried. There was always a varied selection and the food was all cooked fresh in front of you. The kitchen and serving staff worked so very hard and it showed in the quality! For young babies they had a separate section with various steamed veg and chicken that you could get a cook to blend and heat for you. As our kids were well onto solid food they pretty much ate what we ate and for fussy eaters they ate really well. Our waiter (Drogan?) was fab and by the end of our trip he would bring a highchair and our preferred drinks over before we’d even sat down to eat. The wines were lovely and so was the beer that we tried.

Our daughter can’t tolerate cow’s milk and goats and soy milk were provided as an alternative.

There are steps up into the main restaurant which is my only negative comment, there was one lady in a wheel chair during our stay and we kept wondering how she made it into the restaurant. It took 4 waiters to lift her up the steps each day. Maybe Hillside will invest in a ramp system as I’m sure the cost to do this would be much less than a law suit by someone being dropped being carried up the stairs??

We had a lot of rain during our first few days and a few people said to us that Fethiye is known for its rain but by our 3rd/4th day the weather was glorious and well into the late 20’s which was hot enough for us.

We took a buggy along for our 1 year old however, we soon realised that our 3 year old was getting pretty exhausted from all the fun in the pool and kids club so we lent a complimentary buggy from the hotel which was great and allowed us to enjoy the evening entertainment whilst both kids slept.

We did miss having a soak in a bath as there are only showers in the bathrooms but the kids didn't seem to mind

This is a fab hotel and worth paying that bit more for. I can see us returning again and again!

Thank you to all the staff at Hillside

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank WanderlustingFamily
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Back again with the family but this time in May not October. Much better this time of year as days are longer and the sunsets from your bedroom balcony are simply beautiful. Food/buffet are still outstanding as is the service. Nice touch by the beach as each bed has an umbrella plus a call button for your drinks order or order it on your app on your phone & it gets delivered to your beach bed.

• Stayed May 2014
8 Thank Amanda G
Reviewed 28 May 2014

No more words or praise is needed to write, only one word that is gorgeous is enough to describe this leisure place. Service is first class, rooms are so comfortable and welfare, you feel as you're at your home. Green and blue get together to take you to a heaven.

Room Tip: You should stay at a "A" class room to have a balcony, so enjoy the unique sight.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Emin B
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I got SICK from the food I ATE during my stay and had to spend my days in the room and I was not planning to complain about it until the guest relations employee called and made me SAD & MAD. Instead of wishing me "get well" he told many things, me, LYING about my health and added that I had to go to the "Esnaf Hospital" to get a HEALTH REPORT in order to prove that I am sick...
I really do not understand WHY this is necessary, I think they thought I would ask for a REFUND, very RUDE and small thinking...

10 Thank Selmin Ö
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Yacht Classic Hotel
#3 of 103 in Oludeniz
Jiva Beach Resort
Jiva Beach Resort
#4 of 101 in Fethiye

Been to Hillside Beach Club? Share your experiences!