“terrible hitel”

Hillside Beach Club
Ranked #5 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just got home. Worst hotel I have ever been in. If you have any disability please be advised dont go. There are steps everywhere. You will not be able to get uo to the restaurant without climbing at least 30 steps. We had a climb of 89 steps every time we went in and out of our room.dont expect to get a balcony if you pay for a sea view either! You only get a balcony if
you pay for a terrace! We had paid £3000, sea view, no balcony! Had to pay another £350 to get a balcony. That was staying 11 nights, NOT all inclusive either. You can get better holidays eksewher much cheaper. The hotel was full of loads of kids too. So much noise and mess. Outside discos and beach parties went in til 2am too. This hotelnis like club 18 30. Snd it should be sold as that in the brochures! Yes I hated it !!!!! 0

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
21  Thank HazelC288
Write a ReviewReviews (1,263)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My Family and I stayed for one week in late May early June 2014, after being encouraged by my brothers recommendation, as he has visited twice.
From first sight of the hotel, arriving very late at night we found the Hillside beach club truly breathtaking! After an 11 hr door to door journey we could not wait to wake up and see the resort in the daylight.
Having read most reviews on trip advisor, I can categorically say that My wife and I could not find fault with the hotel.
The venue, facilities, staff, food, level of service and whole ambience are exactly what a well earned family holiday deserve!
From arrival to departure every detail of our holiday was amazing.
The food and restaurant and kitchen staff are incredible, I actually had to congratulate the head chef on his teams excellence, as we could not take the meals for granted, ( my one personal regret was not having the will power to resist trying lots of the exquisite dishes , so much for trying to lose a pound or so ahead of a beach holiday! )
The children's club staff are fabulous and so attentive to the children, our children loved the club. The hotels facilities, entertainments team and evenings entertainment are perfectly pitched with memorable evenings had.
One admirable point to note, is that at the end of one of the weeks shows the hotel manager calls in all the hotel staff including the kitchen staff, restaurant staff, maintenance team, cleaners, entertainment team and children club staff, etc and gets them all on stage and thanks them with all with rapturous applause from the visitors. What a great indication of how well motivated and driven these guys are to providing a great relaxing holiday for their clients.
Top hotel. 5 star Quality.
We just booked up our turn trip for next year and have started the countdown!!
The Birrane clan.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mingmongw-u-e
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is unique by its location and two fantastic private beaches. Restaurants were perfect with relax atmosphere and delicious selections. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Finally, we enjoyed watersports activities. I can easily rank the hotel as ' 10 ' points. Thanks..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FUAT Y
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am from Turkey and I went to Hillside probably 10 years in a row and twice a season. For the first 5-6 years back then I could easily say Hillside was the best resort in Turkey. But after the head management of Hillside got spoiled and started making more money by slowly lowering the quality, the overall quality started going down. I can easily tell you that people who went there 5-10 years ago are not going to Hillside anymore and no one can tell me that this is a lie. Last year was my last season at Hillside and probably never going back again. Some tips for people who are going to visit Hillside for the first time.

Pros:
- Probably one of the best coasts you are going to swim throughout your entire life.
- Serenity beaches are still really peaceful.
- The setting and architecture is nice looking.

Cons:
-Spoiled staff
-Hotel prices increased radically without bringing anything new to Hillside.
-Restaurant quality went down rapidly over last 3 years. I guess the master chef could do better at kitchen if he was not spending his time flirting with the tourists at night at Pasha disco.
-Society(new money) comes to Hillside with their bodyguards and yes some teenagers or guys might get harassed by them. (Happened to me)
-Drug use has increased a lot over the years and it is not cool that hotel management is tolerating this. After all this is a family hotel not a couples hotel.
-They sometimes charge you with things you have never bought.

After all go to Hillside if you are a tourist. You wouldn't understand the difference anyway. Turkish food is going taste good for you anyways and you haven't been to Hillside enough years to be able to compare. But just keep this review in mind. You can visit way better places with the money you are paying here. (That is technically what I am doing.)

Any question you can ask me from here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
23  Thank youthtravel
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I and our five year old son stayed at Hillside for five nights in June. We are not resort people but wanted somewhere to truly relax in middle of a six week road trip. We picked the right place. This resort is set in one of the most spectacular inlets you can imagine, with soaring peaks, a picture perfect bay with a lovely clean beach and azure waters - it seems like out of a movie set. The resort itself is very well run, with friendly staff everywhere (except reception who were gruff and unwelcoming). The downside is that the place is so popular that it seems constantly full, leading to a rush to get a lounge chair by the beach and queues at the buffets. Also it is very expensive and it is not in any way the real "Turkey", it is a resort which is a self contained mini-city and could be anywhere is the world. But overall, if you just want a place to totally unwind, relax and make no decisions, this is it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 12cameron
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just got back from 10 days at Hillside Beach Club and all I can say is wow!

Everything about this hotel is perfect. We spent the majority of our time at Serenity Beach as it was adults only (me and my boyfriend being 20, we liked not being surrounded by children!) The beach was so clean, the staff are flawless too. Constantly offering you drinks, afternoon tea, delicious turkish kebabs in the afternoon for lunch - perfect. The walk is beautiful but its a long uphill walk. Nice to do once to experience it, but the boat is lovely too and runs every half an hour.

Food at hillside is delicious! Pasha was seafood and grill which was a lovely setting, all white tables and chairs and on the beach. The Italian restaurant on the beach was yummy too, all grilled food, pasta dishes etc. Even the main restaurant was yummy. Buffet food isn't usually my thing but at Hillside it's a completely different story! All so fresh and varied and it never got boring.

At hillside you can be as busy or as relaxed as you choose. Plenty to do in the evenings; beach parties, films on the beach (Endless Love & Secret Life of Walter Mitty). Same applies for the daytime. We really recommend the boat trip into Fethiye Market on a Tuesday! Lovely 45 minutes on the boat with coffees, soft drinks, beer, fruit, cakes etc. You have a good 2 hours walking around the market and the town then get the boat back to hillside at around 2. It was only about £17 each and a lovely morning/afternoon out.

The staff are fab and can't do enough to help you out here. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard every day too. Super comfy beds, lovely big bathroom and a walk in wardrobe area.

This was a beautiful holiday and a lovely first time to Turkey for myself and my boyfriend. It's a very pricey holiday but worth every penny!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rosieautumn
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

This place is just wonderful if a little pricey. The food is plentiful and varied the main restaurant is spacious and airy. Pasha on the beach is great for breakfast in the sun and the beach bar is beautiful at night (Italian) with little lights and fish swimming close to the edge. The room we had was gorgeous and the bed was huge. Fresh pristine white bed linen adorned all the beds and the air con was a great relief.
The view from the room was just stunning like paradise. The staff are so friendly and attentive.
However it is quite difficult to get a sun bed but once you get one it's so relaxing to lie all day with a book. Turkish tea, milkshakes and cakes are brought out on a regular basis. I Can't wait to go back!

Stayed: September 2013