“Stunning location”

Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Fethiye
Newport Pagnell, United Kingdom
“Stunning location”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just got back from 10 days at the stunning Letoonia. We found it superb and have no complaints whatsoever. just a warning which has been pointed out before, if you have limited mobility you might want to think again as it is hilly with lots of steps and the different facilities are spread out over a large area. We were so impressed we will be booking to return next year.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank Jacqui G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I do not have enough words to describe how perfect this resort is. I can not pick fault with anything during our stay. The complex, beaches, pools, restaurants, bars I could not have asked for more.
I travelled with my partner and another couple. Both rooms were spacious enough for us and very clean. Although there are a lot of steps around the resort for me this was not a problem - a bit of exercise doesn't hurt anyone especially when your all inclusive and eating way too much!!

We ate in the main restaurant every night which had plenty variety and catered for fussy eaters. Usually the wine in all inclusive resorts is horrible but surprisingly this was rather tasty. The service was a bit inconsistent but again it didnt bother us.

We went over to Fethiye market on Tuesday via taxi - the shuttle boat was too busy and being impatient we didnt want to wait another hour or so for a space. Between 4 of us it was on £10 each there and back. It was my first visit to a market like this and was a bit overwhelmed at first. Some of the Turkish men are very pushy and you have to stand your ground. I brought a bag from on stall - he asked for 290TL and I managed to get him down to 70TL - remember to haggle! I did meet some nice sellers who were very chatting but did not pressure you into buying anything.

We tried out the watersports and 3 of us hired out jet skis! This was the first time I had done this and had a amazing time! It was about £35 for 15minutes which may seem expensive but you wouldnt want anymore then 15minutes. The surroundings were beautiful just like paradise!
Also there is a photographer there who got some excellent pictures which are well worth looking at after.

Both of the guys we travelled with got really involved with all the beach/pool games - these were run by the entertainment staff who are absolutely fantastic - they work so hard and are all so friendly! along with working in the day they all take part in the evening show. Some of these were a bit cheesy but hey some excellent dancing and all so talented!

I would also recommend trying a turkish bath when you arrive - I had this and really enjoyed it. It also helped me tan better - I have never tanned so well! I was told some stories before I went about the turkish bath and was a bit apprehensive but I was made to feel really comfortable.

The weather was beautiful, early 30's every day which is excellent for late May!

I could go on and on about this resort. On our second day we were already talking about coming back again next year but this time for 2 weeks!

I would recommend this holiday for all - families, groups, couples, young and old!

I think we have found that one place we will always come back to!

Room Tip: Rooms nearer to the theatre are nosier but better access to restaurants and bars.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Becky W
Isle of Man
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have written dozens of Reviews and this one is the one I am so disappointed not to have enjoyed. Before going to Letoonia I did the usual research and read all the Tripadvisor reviews and must say I was so disappointed to have been disappointed with Letoonia - I will try and keep it short, but please e-mail me if you want any further information etc.

We arrived at 3am in the morning - very very slow transfer with a driver that was dragging an anchor on arrival at Letoonia we were greeted by a very bland boring reception and not a particularly great welcome by the One member on reception.

We were allocated a room in the Hotel - wow British B&B in 1972 here we come - I cannot begin to tell you how dated the room was, ok, I can live with that, but, the room wasnt that clean neither - it was by now 4am and we were tired so we tried to sleep and the next morning asked to be moved as the room was tiny, dated and not clean. Changing rooms was not an issue - they gave us the option of two Bungalows - I wont go on about the distance you have to walk to the rooms - as most people doing a reveiw have touched on this - it didnt bother us as we are pretty fit, and if you have read previous reviews it will come as no surprise - one review mentioned lifts - there are a couple of lifts, but, they were usually out or order or full, and even then, they only take you a very short way. One good point made previously is - do try and get a room that is on the top floor as the noise is unbelievable - they are the noisiest rooms ever - and I dont mean that you may just be unlucky and get noisy neighbours - you can quite literally hear everything, toilets, water running, shower doors banging, wardrobe rooms opening and then, if you have children up above - all I am saying is, prepare to sleep on the beach during the day because you won't get much sleep in your room - although beds were very comfortable.

The food was a real let down - school dinner type of set up. Marina Restaurant is boring and food bland and just put out in bowls with cling film over them - only ate here once on the first day - there is no variation in the food from restauant to restaurant - they all serve the same food which I presume is made centrally at the Lykia Restaurant and then transported to the other two - Lykia is the best for Breakfast and we enjoyed te Moonlight Restaurant of an evening. Food consists of loads of cold salad type food (which I tend to avoid whilst abroad), pasta, rice, stodgy cassserole type dishes, very little "meats", I survived the week on chips, pizza and bread! which I very rarely eat back home, but it was the only food that was cooked fresh and was hot - thats another point - all food was always just look warm and even the soup was cool. Cannot fault the drinks at meal times, all the wines were ok, plenty of soft drinks and tea and coffee available all day both of which are very good. We saw people queing on a couple of nights to get into Dinner - would not be happy if I was one of them - as it isnt exactly a cheap holiday.

Plenty of Bars dotted around the place - the main one of an evening being The Agora Bar in the Main Square - drinks great all good - staff work very very hard here and you see the same staff on all day right the way through to the early hours of the morning - again, queues quite frequently built up at the bar and sometimes waited 10/20 mins to get served - and it wasnt even high season.

Entertainment - was OK - nothing Spectacular

As said by a couple of people - this one completely out of the Hotels Control - it never ceases to amaze me that people let children / toddlers as young as 2 in some cases to just wander around restaurants getting in peoples way and dropping food - likewise of an evening people seemed to just let their children go wild

Towels are Provided by the hotel and you can change them as often as you like - must be some laundry facility - so, you dont need to take towels with you at all.

To try and summarise - Letoonia was OK, but not for me - I was pretty disappointed in lots of areas and I suppose I had big expectations and it just didnt Deliver. We have been to Lykia World just the other side of Olu Deniz and this just was not in the same Class - I guess Letoonia for me is Missing Something But I cant quite put my finger on it - Wouldnt rerturn again it would need big changes to appeal to me - hope this helps contact me if you have any queries. Just a short note - we booked the "Exclusive Thomson ~Cruise Tour" which cost 34 - when you come to pay - you CANNOT pay in Turkish Lira - well, you can but, they transfer it back into pounds at a rate of 3.33 and then charge you in Lira!! They except Euros and Pounds, so we paid by Debit Card!! what an absolute CON - come on Thomson that is not Great Business Practice -

Room Tip: Get a High Room do not take one on the bottom floor - noise pollution!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank Amandamanx
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

we have just returned from our 7th time at Letoonia and still love it however this time we went a week later and as a couple holidaying without children found it too busy ( queues to get into the restaurants) and too many children screaming( they realy do need an adult only sunbathing area and restaurant - the complex is cetrainly big enough to justify it.

On saying all this we still love Letoonia, food is excellent, staff are always friendly and our room this year was great - if in the bungalows try and get an upstairs room otr you will be disturbed by the people above you, The room was cleaned everyday but replenishment of water and coffee was abit hit and miss!!

We will definitely return but will make sure we avoid school holidays next time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tintinara
devon
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Having just returned early June, we had a lovely time at letoonia hotel. It is a large complex with lots of walking, and steps but they have lifts to take you up and down to your rooms. The rooms are dated and not as you might expect from a 5* hotel, but they are 30 years old now. But they are clean and beds comfy. And at the end of the day you only sleep there, our balcony had no view as large trees right out side.

The facilities were great and the evening entrainment shows were excellent, costumes and set changes. The food was of good quality, but catered mostly for eastern Europeans. It would be nice to have adults only dinning area (as lots of hotels do now) sometimes felt We were in a school canteen. we all love children but it is nice to have quiet meal. the same with the pools, nice to relax and read a book with out kids screaming and getting soaked by water pistols. We did sit by the pool with out a children's section but they then arrived with Lilos and boats.

The staff were helpful and friendly, they all work long hours with a smile. the ferry shuttle was handy into the main town, we went over for the market and old town. Also had a lovely steak at The Buffalo (you'll pass it as you walk along marina to the canal) booked the Turkish bath with the rep, which was a nice experience, £10 for sauna, massage in Turkish bath house.

5 Thank devongirl_10
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I have just returned from getting married at The Blue Lagoon in Turkey and had an amazing time. I stayed at Club Letoonia and found it to be lovely. The staff were very friendly, the food was lovely and the entertainment was brilliant. The Wedding Coordinator over there for Thomson was great she was very supportive and helped us get everything in order before we got married. If anyone is thinking of getting married in Turkey I would suggest going through Thomson as where we got married was brilliant and the location was only for Thomson and that one coordinator. The hotel was 5* and I can see why they got that rating.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is one of those places where some will love it and others hate it. If you are not bothered by noise, are happy traipsing up and down steep paths and steps each day, then you will probably find this hotel OK.
However if dog barking all night, noise from neighbours, bars, staff walking along corridors and doing their work, discos etc do disturb you, then you are best to avoid Letoonia!

We had asked for a ground floor room, due to my wife's restricted mobility. They did indeed give us a ground floor room, 2-01, though it was about as far from the only open restaurant and all the other facilities as it was possible to get. It also had a steep slope up to its main door. Situated about 100 yards from a security gate, we had a guard dog barking all night. Being next to the cleaner's room, we were woken shortly after 6am by the cleaners chatting. Whenever one of our upstairs neighbours moved around, the windows rattled. Even normal movement by them was loud in our room. These blocks have no main door, so all noise outside is amplified, much the same as a bullhorn!

The rep had a word with the duty manager and eventually he agreed to let us upgrade to the hotel and gave us a room to look at, 1095. We returned and mentioned our concern about it being right next to a bar. The duty manager assured us that this would not be a problem, as this bar was not open at night during our stay.
He got that wrong! The bar was busy until after midnight and the staff were clanging about clearing up until gone 1:30am. The morning staff arrived just after 6:00 and needed to chat from one end of the corridor to the other.
When we returned to reception, the duty manager was unbelievably patronising. Only when we sat down with the rep to discuss moving to another hotel did he 'discover' that the 1/3 full hotel did actually have other empty rooms.
To obtain good service from the duty manager, and indeed most of the staff there, be a young, blonde Russian woman, showing a bit of flesh!

There is a 'train' between reception and the restaurant, which is really useful especially when it's raining etc. It is a fair trek so if you have toddlers, or anyone not good at walking, it will make a big difference.

Take care when walking this route, the paving is in a very bad state of repair, with a lot of potential trip hazards.
Likewise be careful on sone of the steep steps - certainly not what you would want to use after even just a couple of drinks!

You can partake of a water pipe in the Turkish cafe, though you will pay through the nose for it! In Fethiye there are numerous places asking 10TL, at Letoonia you will pay 40TL! That's about 14 quid rather than the 3.00 anywhere else!

You will expect to experience some hassle in the shops and markets, shop/stall owners trying to get you to buy. Usually this does not happen within the hotel, though at Letoonia it does......alot!
The photographer of course will try and sell you photos, various other staff will try and get you to buy an al a carte meal, but the most persistent are the spa staff. We were approached at least once a day by them. As you may guess from the water pipe price, the spa prices are not too attractive and are roughly on a par with the UK.

To get to Fethiye, you can either take a taxi from reception for about 30TL each way or the boat from the hotel marina at 6TL each way. Its 4k so walking will be a hot and dusty experience, fairly easy going into Fethiye but much more uphill coming back.
Be sure to check the boat times, the last one back from Fethiye is 19:30. So after that it's walk or taxi and the taxi will most likely be at night rates!!!
Fethiye market is on Tuesday and well worth a visit. The queue for the boat is quite long in the morning and you may have to wait 1 - 2 hours for a place. There is usually a member of staff taking room numbers and organising who goes on which boat. The boat driver is a bit of a law unto himself, so be sure to check whether you are actually booked on it or whether he has got 'delayed' and out of sync!

Individually, the staff are lovely. However restaurant staff are not very consistent, sometimes clearing plates before you've finished using them and other times not clearing them at all. You will find it best to go and fetch your own wine etc from the bar in the middle of the restaurant.

The bar staff are all fine with you asking for milk to take back to your room for tea and coffee. Just take an empty water bottle with you.

All the rooms have towelling robes and slippers. Slippers are OK up to about a size 8.

There are several water machines around, which is a very nice touch. Cold water is so much better than warm to drink.

We will definitely return to Turkey, it's a lovely country; we will definitely return to Fethiye which is a great town. We will definitely NOT return to Letoonia.

Room Tip: Bungalows are in fact 2 story blocks of 4 rooms and are on the hillside, this means steep paths and...
3 Thank Alan-and_Liz_Yorks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Yacht Classic Hotel
Hillside Beach Club
Hillside Beach Club
#2 of 101 in Fethiye
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,125 reviews

Been to Letoonia Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!