“A Turkish Delight”

Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Fethiye
Hove, United Kingdom
“A Turkish Delight”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My family and I have just returned from a magical week at the Letoonia Club Hotel. We had originally booked a bungalow but on arrival were allocated a hotel room, the staff explained that as the resort was very quiet we had been upgraded. At first I was disappointed as I had been advised by my sister to stay in a bungalow but once we were shown our room we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel had recently undergone a refurbishment and the room was spacious, contemporary with beautiful sea views. I think we probably had one of the best positioned rooms at the front of the hotel on the third floor. The resort is large and beautiful with several stunning beaches to enjoy and explore. We stayed very early in the season in April and most of the action/activities during the day centred around the main hotel pool, it was easy to escape from the noise due to the size of the resort and after a quick wander along the peninsula you can find plenty of stunning areas to chill and relax. My active 11 year old son made the most of all the activities on offer including football, darts, volleyball, silly games, boules and swimming competitions. The animation staff were good fun and enthusiastic and the two shows we watched were a high standard. The children also enjoyed the waterslides into the sea. The watersports are all included in the all inclusive package and we made use of the pedalos, kayaks and sailing boats. For an additional cost you can catch a boat to Fethiye which is worth a visit particularly on market day. The heated indoor pool was great for the time of year we went as the sea and outdoor pools were a bit chilly.The food was varied and on the whole very yummy. Unusually there were no sign of ice creams available for the children although the Turkish cookies served every afternoon made up for this. Due to the time of year some of the bars/restaurants were closed and certain areas were a little ghost town like but on the other hand we had the pick of the sun beds and very quick service. The weather was lovely, mainly hot and sunny with only one cloudy day. The big selling point for this resort however is its unique location and breathtaking views.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HoveFamily
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your holiday on Trip advisor. We are grateful that you commented both the positive and negative sides. This gives us the chance to improve our service.
With kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Just back from Turkey, and have to admit that after the Balearic all-inclusive holidays in the past when we’ve said never again, Letoonia has made me eat my words.

We arrived late in the evening in the hire car that I thought would give us the air-con freedom previously required on holiday resorts with the kids. We eventually found the place just by following our nose to the town harbour; I redeemed myself after not realising there is a big tunnel to save a “scenic” drive over the mountain (take the 2nd sign exit to Fethiye if you don’t fancy this). We arrived to a rather Grand Archway and uniformed security guards asking us for our hotel voucher. They smiled (lovely welcome), then guided us down a long drive to staff eager to lift our luggage into our room. Reception ensured our one and three year old babies had a meal after the journey and we went to what looked like a brand new hotel room over-looking the twinkling lights of Fethiye. I have to be honest, at this time I still had no idea what we’d let ourselves in for, but the late dinner choices tasted lovely and we all fell asleep...

We woke to beautiful sunshine and breakfast being served, the choice was almost overwhelming but looking-back, go for the cooked for you omelette as I did daily, then we walked round the peninsula in the morning sun, what a lovely place to be!

The week flew past, the choice of all kinds of imaginable starters, main courses and oooh Turkish little puddings was irresistible yet all in-inclusive; every dish was served like the poshest UK hotel could do, yet neither me or my wife actually put weight-on getting home! There’s no need for a hire car with hindsight to escape boredom, but with young kids and if you’re a defensive driver then I’d still get one for the odd trip for nappies and real dairy for the routine bottles before bedtime.

Leteenia was brilliant for our kids, the club staff are so bubbly that even my rather shy three year old wanted to go to make crafts and play whenever he felt like it; they all seemed make them feel so special and he won a medal for skittles (lol he was so chuffed!). My wife loves exercise and yoga classes, they were at 10-11am and 4-5pm, so at this point I realised that taking my one-year-old down in buggy was also perfectly located beside Dolphin beach. This is a bar where 1st thing in the morning seems to be where worn-out Daddies can hook-up... Mehta, the perfectly turned-out barman was so welcoming looking after an immaculate thatched roof establishment beside the sea and golden sands; us Dad’s just used it as “Dad’s club” for the week with the kids always in such close vicinity. We found ourselves with coffee and beers and very relaxed. At this point I have to admit I met an Alexei Sayle type called Steve who endeared himself a lot, Martin from Derby and Nick Raggett. Nick casually slipped into conversation on the second morning that he’d been on British telly on Holby City, Pie in the Sky for 10 years, and not only this he’d just slept with Jude Law’s wife in Dom Hemingway (true!). lol Letoonia is a great leveller and we just "say what you see" like Catchphrase..

I really don’t think it matters who you meet there, the reception bar Imman, all the staff and Mehta just look after you and help you find the times of restaurants, boats, Turtle spotting and all of the activities you could wish for. We had a room inside the hotel although the bungalows looked fabulous although not much bigger. There is no need to walk far anywhere with "Ninky nonk" trains, funicular lifts and short cuts everywhere, so many pools for the kids and few last things – do the white slide first, keep side windows closed (they have nets for balcony for Mozzi's), do the awesome cocktails without syrup and the local G&T's with Cherry, Lemon and Ice are better than I can pay for in any bar in UK...
This is the first holiday even at 40 with kids and all the places I have yet to see that’s got it all, my regret after realising EasyJet took 2/3 of the cash is “note to self” and make it a fortnight and enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet hotel room near reception, bar and breakfast area.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

الطعام ممتاز و الخدمه ممتازه و كل شى فى هذا الفندق يبعث على السعاده
انها كانت عطله اكثر من رائعه
فريق الترفيه التونسى اكثر من رائع
Excellent hotel
It is a piece of paradise
The food is excellent and the service is excellent and everything in this hotel is a matter of happiness
It's been more than wonderful holiday
Entertainment Tunisian team more wonderful

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Letoonia was literally the best experience that I've been on! The food, festivals, beaches, hotel rooms, pools, drinks, games, and boats were just a never to forget experience.. I hope I go this year. If you go you won't regret going at all because it is extraordinary.

Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Tiakaraan
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your holiday on trip advisor. We are delighted to read a positive review and honored to hear that you were satisfied with our hotel,food and staff.
With Kind Regards
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked this for myself and my 3 sons who were 17, 15 & 10 at the time. Paid a lot of money I thought for a week, £3,500, but looked at the reviews and thought it would be worth it. The resort was beautiful and the food and restaurants were very nice. The main thing that let us down was the room. When we arrived at 1 am and eventually found our room there was only 3 beds in it. I rang reception and they said they would send one up. An hour later it arrived and as the room was so small my youngest had to climb over one bed to get into his. 2 beds we're put next to each other in a bay window, strange. I did complain to the reception that this wasn't a family room but they insisted there were no bigger rooms, I obviously found out that couples had bigger rooms than us! It was a very dark room with no balcony so no fresh air and the bathroom was very small. I felt very brushed off by the reception staff, maybe because I was a female on my own? The only way to get away from the resort was by taxi, 45 lira or by the resorts boat for 15 lira (that was return though). It was a good job the weather was nice as I was very claustrophobic in the room & couldn't spend much time in there.

Room Tip: Can't help with that one as ours was terrible & I wasn't successful in my complaint.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Frasers5
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We went to LeToonia in 2012 for a friends wedding and we had a lovely stay.
The rooms are lovely, a decent size and they were cleaned every day. Depending on where you room is there may be a walk up and down the steep hills between your room and the restaurant/pool area which only became a problem when wearing high-heels :)
The resort itself is quite big so be prepared for some walking around, although there is also a little buggy you can jump on which takes you from one end to the other.
The food was okay, it sometimes became a little samey but there was plenty of options and plenty to choose from in the different buffet restaurants.
The alcohol is local and not your branded Jack Daniels or Gordons gin... we found they got a little bit sickly after a few cocktails as they are a little more syrupy than what were used too.
There is a boat which you can get from the resort over to the town for a look around which was great but get there early as we found the boat becomes full quickly in the peak hours.
The entertainment here was great for all ages, they had shows on every night and a big arena to watch them in so there was plenty of room.
The disco/night club was a great laugh too and had a lovely view over the water.
The beaches and sea was lovely for a swim and to lounge around on, there were always plenty of sunbeds around the resort.
The reception for the wedding was absolutely stunning as well, the staff done a fantastic job in making sure the reception was special for everyone!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Josie H
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Penryn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Chose to stay at Club Letoonia for my first holiday abroad and I can say I was not disappointed at all. There was a lot of variety of food but after 5 days or so you did notice you tend to eat the same things all the time.

The following is a list of positives:
1) Amazing resort that looks stunning everywhere you go with an superb atmosphere. The fact it occupies it's own peninsula really gives it an amazing touch
2) Good entertainment, great staff that are really helpful and friendly
3) Loads of activities going on throughout the day as well as some very pretty beaches and pools which means there is always something to do

The negatives:
1) The first room we stayed in was very creaky and didn't have a proper working shower, thankfully Thompson arranged for us to move to a new room (which was a room upgrade). The new room was a lot better but still was a bit of a let down considering the amazing resort they're in. The rooms are clean and have great air conditioning but could do with a big renovation when we went.
2) Due to the location of the resort, there is a lot of hills and walking to get to your room. I loved that it was a very large resort so there were plenty of beautiful places to walk around but the hill walking to the rooms did get tiresome in the heat.

Overall I will definitely go again. In fact me and partner got engaged while out there and we enjoyed our time so much that we're returning for the wedding but we plan on booking the hotel room and hope they are better than the bungalows.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Hayley W
LetooniaLife, Guest Relations Manager at Letoonia Club & Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
With kind regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fethiye
Yacht Classic Hotel
Hillside Beach Club
Hillside Beach Club
#2 of 102 in Fethiye
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,121 reviews

Been to Letoonia Club & Hotel? Share your experiences!